Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

We are Looking at this Wrong

17 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Harris should be getting a lot more scrutiny than Biden. She is going to be running the show if Biden is elected. She’s already saying it’s the Harris-Biden ticket.

Biden would be the oldest person to ever be president. Remember the "one heartbeat away" criticism leveled at the McCain/Palin ticket? McCain would have been 72 if he would have taken office.

Biden would be 78. I can't see him fulfilling the rigors of the presidency for four years, if he wants to do a good job.

A year ago, CNN was wary of Biden.

While Biden allies insist he is totally and completely healthy, his performance -- listless and, at times, just behind the beat -- at the first debate performance added to the whispers that maybe time had caught up with the former vice president.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/politics/joe-biden-age-2020-debate/index.html

Now, they don't care.

I think Democrat insiders have to know that Harris will assume the presidency at some point. So your point is valid.

Say Biden has an age-related setback in the next two months, perhaps made evident during a debate. Would the DNC push Harris to the top of the ticket? Or would they go with the second most primary delegates (Bernie Sanders)?

1 minute ago, CV147 said:

Say Biden has an age-related setback in the next two months, perhaps made evident during a debate. Would the DNC push Harris to the top of the ticket? Or would they go with the second most primary delegates (Bernie Sanders)?

*Ninja with the blowdart in the bushes listens intensely*  :ph34r:

Imagine the drama if Biden for some reason had to step down in the next two months. Trump, in an ironic turn, would insist that elections go forward. Meanwhile, Democrats might seek to delay the election, because ballots would need to be reprinted, absentee ballots resent, and to give time to choose a new candidate.

Does Harris differ ideologically from Biden in any significant way? I honestly don't think so. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

26 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Does Harris differ ideologically from Biden in any significant way? I honestly don't think so. 

Yes. Biden, whatever his faults, has deeply held convictions about the constitutional limitations against the use of executive power. Harris has none.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 hours ago, CV147 said:

Biden would be the oldest person to ever be president. Remember the "one heartbeat away" criticism leveled at the McCain/Palin ticket? McCain would have been 72 if he would have taken office.

Biden would be 78. I can't see him fulfilling the rigors of the presidency for four years, if he wants to do a good job.

A year ago, CNN was wary of Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/politics/joe-biden-age-2020-debate/index.html

Now, they don't care.

I think Democrat insiders have to know that Harris will assume the presidency at some point. So your point is valid.

Trump is 74.

14 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yes. Biden, whatever his faults, has deeply held convictions about the constitutional limitations against the use of executive power. Harris has none.

Okay, but materially, are their actual policies any different?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.