Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lakesbison

add NDSU 1 year exemption for Fresno/Hawaii?

Guest #1Stunner
25 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

As one that has attended games in Laramie and Provo. I prefer going to Laramie for a game,

Since you told everyone on here that you regularly catch flights to vacation in Laramie, I believe you.

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Since you told everyone on here that you regularly catch flights to vacation in Laramie, I believe you.

Only flights to Laramie come from Denver, you can fly with the team which is fun. Vacations in Wyoming are a lot of fun in western Wyoming with great fishing, sight seeing etc. The People are the thing I like most about Wyoming.

BYU and Provo are what some people really enjoy, it is not my cup of tea. I will take Bourbon, and beer over ice cream and Jello every time

Guest #1Stunner
21 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

Only flights to Laramie come from Denver, you can fly with the team which is fun. Vacations in Wyoming are a lot of fun in western Wyoming with great fishing, sight seeing etc. The People are the thing I like most about Wyoming.

BYU and Provo are what some people really enjoy, it is not my cup of tea. I will take Bourbon, and beer over ice cream and Jello every time

I don't disagree that Wyoming is an amazing State to visit.  But I'm speaking specifically of Laramie---I was surprised that you told everyone you vacation IN Laramie.  To each their own.

Provo is just a small city on the Wasatch Front, and really isn't a vacation destination for anyone, other than BYU's campus for sporting events, or educational seminars.  But BYU frequently gets travelling fans because they all come to Utah as part of a longer trip to visit Park City, Zion, Bryce, etc...

There is a Gay Bar in Provo---have you been?  They hosted the Wisconsin fans a few years back.  The owner is supposedly a cool guy.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Get rid of UNM and AFA

Bring in schools with a television market and recruiting potential. IOW, Texas schools, not BFE Nowheresville

MWC's only realistic options for adding Texas schools are:

(1) North Texas

(2) Rice

(3) Texas State

(4) UTSA

(5) UTEP (people like to argue whether it is really even a Texas school)

Personally, I think North Texas is already running a MWC caliber program, and just needs a better conference.  Not sure who the other candidate could be.

But most people on here are pretty clear that they don't like any of these schools, and view UNM and AIR FORCE as far superior.

Besides, San Jose is regarded the weakest member, not UNM or AIR FORCE

16 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I don't disagree that Wyoming is an amazing State to visit.  But I'm speaking specifically of Laramie---I was surprised that you told everyone you vacation IN Laramie.  To each their own.

Provo is just a small city on the Wasatch Front, and really isn't a vacation destination for anyone, other than BYU's campus for sporting events, or educational seminars.  But BYU frequently gets travelling fans because they all come to Utah as part of a longer trip to visit Park City, Zion, Bryce, etc...

There is a Gay Bar in Provo---have you been?  They hosted the Wisconsin fans a few years back.  The owner is supposedly a cool guy.

I do not know about gay bars in various cities, but I guess you have a handle on that.

Medicine Bow national forest is beautiful spot in the Laramie.

As I tried to point out I prefer the folks in ;Laramie to those in Provo. They are my kind of people.

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

MWC's only realistic options for adding Texas schools are:

(1) North Texas

(2) Rice

(3) Texas State

(4) UTSA

(5) UTEP (people like to argue whether it is really even a Texas school)

Personally, I think North Texas is already running a MWC caliber program, and just needs a better conference.  Not sure who the other candidate could be.

But most people on here are pretty clear that they don't like any of these schools, and view UNM and AIR FORCE as far superior.

Besides, San Jose is regarded the weakest member, not UNM or AIR FORCE

There is more recruiting to be done in the nine bay area counties than the rest of the MW footprint combined.

You must not know anyone who lives in New Mexico if you don't the cloud hanging over UNM athletics.

AFA shouldn't be allowed in any conference period, as long as they have built in advantages like a de facto farm team, and an unlimited amount  of scholarships to offer..

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

North Texas.

Thats some funny shit right there...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
14 minutes ago, RSF said:

North Texas.

Thats some funny shit right there...

Texas Christian fans are against North Texas ever joining the MWC for some odd reason.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Maynard Delecto said:

There is more recruiting to be done in the nine bay area counties than the rest of the MW footprint combined.

You must not know anyone who lives in New Mexico if you don't the cloud hanging over UNM athletics.

AFA shouldn't be allowed in any conference period, as long as they have built in advantages like a de facto farm team, and an unlimited amount  of scholarships to offer..

Can't the MWC recruit in the Bay Area, even if San Jose State drops to the Big West?

On 9/17/2020 at 9:21 AM, Ibanez said:

No. But we will trade you for SJSU for eternity.

throw on UMM for Weber State, done.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/17/2020 at 11:28 AM, #1Stunner said:

The MAC would be a step up on competition, though.

Alternatively, the Lakes Bison could go Independent, and schedule a rivalry games with UConn, Liberty, NMSU, Army, and maybe even sometimes BYU.

1280px-Mac_States.svg.png

Don't forget Liberty and Moscow U.

@VandalPride97 ! !

Americans Mayor

On 9/17/2020 at 11:47 AM, WYO1016 said:

Sounds a whole lot like a byu fan here.

"BYU doesn't want the Mountain West. Pac 12 or Big 12 are the only options."

They left the conference and now no one cares. They've had winning records all but one year since they left, and no one cares. They're not playing for any championships. They'll never get into the playoff. They'll never even sniff a major bowl game. Want your program to fade into obscurity? Follow their lead.

BYU also watched it's biggest rivalry move from end of season with Conny Champ and bragging rights become a pre season game that is only played half the time.

When I moved here in '94, BYU was clearly the Big Dawg in fb and bb as well as the biggest fan base here in Utah. Competitively they are now fighting for a distant second with the Utags and the Ute fan base is now larger. 

Their fans keep coming on this board and bragging about their marquee schedule. What they won't divulge though, is the majority  of those big time games have been on the road and they're usually body bag games.

Americans Mayor

On 9/17/2020 at 12:24 PM, Jack Bauer said:

None of you are either besides Boise.

That last happened when ?

You couldn't beat a mediocre BYU team last year when the stars and scheduling were aligned for you to go to the NY6.

Yet, Boise Buttheads keep bragging about how elite and P6 their team is.

:lol:

Americans Mayor

On 9/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, bornontheblue said:

TO be honest, I would take a straight trade for the Bison to get rid of San Jose. 

But, but, what about The Valley Rivalry !

Americans Mayor

On 9/17/2020 at 1:29 PM, nvspuds said:

All our schools are mid-majors, including BYU..  Some are better at football than their conference mates..Some are better at basketball.  But all of us are mid majors..

There is no shame in that..

Since the MW/WAC alliance.in 2013, I would say that Sparty, UNLV, Wyoming, CSU, and UNM have fallen short. In both sports that matter.

They are more like mid-minors. 

Americans Mayor