Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Napoleon Dynamite 2

Jon Heder has decided that he’d like to do a sequel with the characters as adults and is talking to Hess about it. If Hess thinks they can pull it off, it’ll happen. They’ve had years to think about it and brainstorm, and I’m sure they could pull it off. 

https://screenrant.com/napoleon-dynamite-2-jon-heder-update-jared-hess/

OK, what ideas do you have. I could see Napoleon as a substitute HS teacher that gets thrashed. Here’s a quick idea for Uncle Rico.

Not long after the movie ended, Uncle RICO won the lottery. He still wanted to be a famous NFL quarterback, and he didn’t win enough to buy a team. So he decided to invest the money into getting him there. He figured it would be much easier to get into the NFL if he could create his own fan base. Then they would rally to his cause and pressure the NFL to take him.

So he spent most of his millions on sending out his jersey and a VHS tape of him in action to everyone in America that was within 100 miles of an NFL team. Of course, not many have VHS players anymore, but he got a great deal on some never sold blank VHS tapes in a warehouse, and he convinced himself that VHS tapes are going to make a comeback soon, just like him.

When that failed to work, and it became a national news story and was ridiculed, he decided that he needed to build his credibility as an expert on the subject, so he created Uncle Rico’s All Star QB Academy. He took the rest of his money and bought a trailer on some land and had a contractor construct a regulation sized dirt FB field with goal posts, and an oval track around the field. 

In the trailer, one room was his, another was a tiny film room where he would show the student (HS FB Player) a VHS recording of the kid throwing the ball, and then on another screen show how Uncle RICO throws the ball correctly. Then he gets parents showing up and screaming at him that they wanted a refund because he made their kid play worse and now all his teammates laugh at him. To ease their concerns and get them off his back, he promises them some free lessons with his new partner when he arrives. He gets a full sized cardboard cut out of himself and his buddy buddy arm around Kaepernick to show the parents. Terrible photoshop job. 

And maybe he desperately goes to Napoleon for help as to what he should do, or ???? I’m just throwing things out there.

kat.jpg

8 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Teenage awkwardness was what made it so funny. I don't think a sequel would be as good.

They didn’t have it just because they were. Weird people   never get over it and some even get more shy as adults. The characters in that flick are probably all awkward until they die. I’m sure they’d also have some new young characters. 

kat.jpg

Pedro running for Governor of Idaho? 

Regarding a sequel, Heder stated that he was interested in a darker take on the film's characters in order to avoid rehashing the original film's plot:

"I feel like the future for Napoleon would be a lot more raw and edgy. So whatever he comes up with would be fun to explore. Because I think whatever Jared comes up with wouldn't be your typical, 'Let's do a sequel where they all look the same and they all act the same.' I think it would be an interesting development in their lives."

A darker depressing more serious film with those characters could be interesting.

10 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Jon Heder has decided that he’d like to do a sequel with the characters as adults and is talking to Hess about it. If Hess thinks they can pull it off, it’ll happen. They’ve had years to think about it and brainstorm, and I’m sure they could pull it off. 

OK, what ideas do you have. I could see Napoleon as a substitute HS teacher that gets thrashed. Here’s a quick idea for Uncle Rico.

Not long after the movie ended, Uncle RICO won the lottery. He still wanted to be a famous NFL quarterback, and he didn’t win enough to buy a team. So he decided to invest the money into getting him there. He figured it would be much easier to get into the NFL if he could create his own fan base. Then they would rally to his cause and pressure the NFL to take him.

So he spent most of his millions on sending out his jersey and a VHS tape of him in action to everyone in America that was within 100 miles of an NFL team. Of course, not many have VHS players anymore, but he got a great deal on some never sold blank VHS tapes in a warehouse, and he convinced himself that VHS tapes are going to make a comeback soon, just like him.

When that failed to work, and it became a national news story and was ridiculed, he decided that he needed to build his credibility as an expert on the subject, so he created Uncle Rico’s All Star QB Academy. He took the rest of his money and bought a trailer on some land and had a contractor construct a regulation sized dirt FB field with goal posts, and an oval track around the field. 

In the trailer, one room was his, another was a tiny film room where he would show the student (HS FB Player) a VHS recording of the kid throwing the ball, and then on another screen show how Uncle RICO throws the ball correctly. Then he gets parents showing up and screaming at him that they wanted a refund because he made their kid play worse and now all his teammates laugh at him. To ease their concerns and get them off his back, he promises them some free lessons with his new partner when he arrives. He gets a full sized cardboard cut out of himself and his buddy buddy arm around Kaepernick to show the parents. Terrible photoshop job. 

And maybe he desperately goes to Napoleon for help as to what he should do, or ???? I’m just throwing things out there.

Instead of Uncle rico winning the lottery, let's have him become the nation's #1 seller of the nupont fiber woven bowls and then becomes ceo or something and gets rich enough to do those things.

Did anyone see Gentlemen Broncos? That movie was was effing weeeeird

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Napoleon teams with Rex - writes an immensely popular Rex Kwon Do app. 

Becomes a multi-millionaire after selling out to google.

Uses the proceeds to form and fund the Professional Tether Ball League ( PTBL) which goes bankrupt after 2 seasons

Goes back to live in Grandmas basement where he becomes addicted to Oxy

Goes to prison for robbing the pharmacy with his brother Kip, who is shot and killed by Deb, who works as a part time security guard while she gets her hand made jewelry business off the  ground

Pedro gets caught up in an ICE raid- gets deported

Inspired by "Kaitlin" Jenner- Uncle Rico comes out as transgender, starts wearing dresses and hanging out in the local bars trying to pick up a rich farmer.

The End.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

23 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I'll hand it to you. I laughed. Well done. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

8 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I'll hand it to you. I laughed. Well done. 

Thanks. The hard part is to tie them all together. Even harder would be to come up with a script with actual dialogue. Some people are amazingly talented to do that stuff. I’ve got some good ideas for Pedro and Napoleon, but there’s so many ways you could go with these guys. Uncle Rico has more of a narrow scope of what he’s known for, and the FB QB thing is pretty obvious. 

20 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Napoleon teams with Rex - writes an immensely popular Rex Kwon Do app. 

Becomes a multi-millionaire after selling out to google.

Uses the proceeds to form and fund the Professional Tether Ball League ( PTBL) which goes bankrupt after 2 seasons

Goes back to live in Grandmas basement where he becomes addicted to Oxy

Goes to prison for robbing the pharmacy with his brother Kip, who is shot and killed by Deb, who works as a part time security guard while she gets her hand made jewelry business off the  ground

Pedro gets caught up in an ICE raid- gets deported

Inspired by "Kaitlin" Jenner- Uncle Rico comes out as transgender, starts wearing dresses and hanging out in the local bars trying to pick up a rich farmer.

The End.

Damn! That’s the dark and depressing sequel version.

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Thanks. The hard part is to tie them all together. Even harder would be to come up with a script with actual dialogue. Some people are amazingly talented to do that stuff. I’ve got some good ideas for Pedro and Napoleon, but there’s so many ways you could go with these guys. Uncle Rico has more of a narrow scope of what he’s known for, and the FB QB thing is pretty obvious. 

My wife spent the better part of two years writing a screenplay before she got burnt out on the process. I could tell it was a chore at times, but at other times she would just bust shit out effortlessly. IIRC, she found an app that helped her build the story and write the script.

I think your idea has legs. You really should consider further exploring the idea of writing it.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 9/17/2020 at 3:25 PM, sean327 said:

I’ll never get the 1 hour and change back that I lost watching the first one, it’s a hard pass from me on a sequel.

The first time I saw it, I thought it was OK. Then when I watched it again, I began to appreciate the style of humor with the awkwardness with off the wall stuff. Even just the little things cracked me up like when Kip was in the living room and Napoleon was in his room with the door cracked as he was starting the dance learning video, and the video guy asked “OK, are you ready to dance?” and Napoleon answered the dude with low dorky “Yes”. 😂😂😂 And it was from the perspective of Kip over-hearing what was going on in there that made it funnier. 

One of my favorites is the Napoleon awkward dorky way of complimenting a girl that she looks good/hot like he did to Deb: “: I see your drinking 1%. Does that mean you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.”. 😂😂😂😂😂

kat.jpg