Jump to content
mugtang

Sandoval Recommended to be the next president at Nevada

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, bigd said:

Great choice, despite COVID I think very good things are ahead for the university and Reno.

A Nevada kid leading our university. Ironically I think he’ll be the first??

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Praise Jesus. 

I had a passing concern they wouldn’t pick him but I’m glad they made the right choice. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigd said:

Probably a bit jealous too...

The correct word is envious. If you went to a better school like UNLV you would have known that.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The correct word is envious. If you went to a better school like UNLV you would have known that.

Oh Vegas is just lucky it didn’t lose its student body president over this decision! I wonder if Joshua knows what butt hurt means?
 

If I’m looking at the same CV as everyone else, one quick control-F finds Mr. Sandoval has no experience in the educational sector at all, let alone experience at the university,” UNLV student body President Joshua Padilla said. “So, if you need someone to look at a CVs and then build a qualified team below them that's going to do the actual meeting of a university, I would like to throw my hat in the bin because I think I can do that. The last time I checked, Mr. Sandoval would be leading one of two top tier universities in the state with zero experience.”

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Oh Vegas is just lucky it didn’t lose its student body president over this decision! I wonder if Joshua knows what butt hurt means?
 

If I’m looking at the same CV as everyone else, one quick control-F finds Mr. Sandoval has no experience in the educational sector at all, let alone experience at the university,” UNLV student body President Joshua Padilla said. “So, if you need someone to look at a CVs and then build a qualified team below them that's going to do the actual meeting of a university, I would like to throw my hat in the bin because I think I can do that. The last time I checked, Mr. Sandoval would be leading one of two top tier universities in the state with zero experience.”

Lol! I wonder what his angle is here, other than the aforementioned envy? Probably just honing his embryonic “politician saying anything for publicity” chops. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Oh Vegas is just lucky it didn’t lose its student body president over this decision! I wonder if Joshua knows what butt hurt means?
 

If I’m looking at the same CV as everyone else, one quick control-F finds Mr. Sandoval has no experience in the educational sector at all, let alone experience at the university,” UNLV student body President Joshua Padilla said. “So, if you need someone to look at a CVs and then build a qualified team below them that's going to do the actual meeting of a university, I would like to throw my hat in the bin because I think I can do that. The last time I checked, Mr. Sandoval would be leading one of two top tier universities in the state with zero experience.”

Reno's student body president.

See the source image

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

Lol! I wonder what his angle is here, other than the aforementioned envy? Probably just honing his embryonic “politician saying anything for publicity” chops. 

Hey. Give credit where it’s due. He’s not 40, which is a milestone for a Vegas student body president. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Touché. Our baby Hitler made an ass of himself at one rally. Wheras yours is a gift that keeps on giving!

 

50B03881-44A6-4046-9A4A-D63C2451504F.jpeg

Guy Fieri would have also been an acceptable burn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Hey. Give credit where it’s due. He’s not 40, which is a milestone for a Vegas student body president. 

And he keeps his pants on in public:

Quote

The University of Nevada, Las Vegas student body president who was ejected from Saturday’s home game against Nevada, was removed because he had unzipped his pants during a confrontation with Wolf Pack fans, UNR Police Chief Adam Garcia said Tuesday.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2014/03/11/unlv-student-president-ejected-from-nevada-basketball-game-/6310021/

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toonkee said:

The correct word is envious. If you went to a better school like UNLV you would have known that.

Alright, Mr. Intellectual. Was Homer Simpson your professor at UNLV?

From Merriam-Webster:

Quote

While many people believe that jealous means fearing someone will take what you have, and envious means desiring what someone else has, historical usage shows that both mean "covetous" and are interchangeable when describing desiring someone else's possessions. The fact that each of these words has numerous meanings makes it somewhat impractical to say “jealous means X, and envious means Y.” But this matter of impracticality has proven to be little deterrent to many people who have insisted that each one of these words does indeed have a single true sense. Some people have a view in this matter that is similar to that expressed by the noted lexicographic scholar, Homer Simpson: “I’m not jealous! I’m envious. Jealousy is when you worry someone will take what you have ... envy is wanting what someone else has.”

 

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2014/03/11/unlv-student-president-ejected-from-nevada-basketball-game-/6310021/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...