Jump to content
#1Stunner

POLL: Who is the bigger Warmonger?

Who is the bigger Warmonger?  

19 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the bigger Warmonger?



Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

We haven't.

Both voted for invading Iraq but then so did other idiot Democrats like John Kerry. There isn't a single other reason to think Biden mongers war.

I don't know, there seems to be a large number of people (Trump/Tulsi/Some Bernie) supporters who thinks we have way too much troops stationed abroad and want to take a totally anti-interventionist approach to basically everything. (In my opinion, to the detriment of our own safety).  It's a strange far left/right type of view that I don't think existed 10-15 years ago, at least not to the number that it is now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 5:58 PM, #1Stunner said:

Joe Biden is running away with this poll, though...

I mean, the guy loves war.   I can't think of a war that Joe Biden ever opposed.   He also was a strong supporter of starting more wars.

(Might be those Rambo movies from the 1980s, I really don't know....)

Can he even remember the 80’s he forgets how his wife is. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

I don't know, there seems to be a large number of people (Trump/Tulsi/Some Bernie) supporters who thinks we have way too much troops stationed abroad and want to take a totally anti-interventionist approach to basically everything. (In my opinion, to the detriment of our own safety).  It's a strange far left/right type of view that I don't think existed 10-15 years ago, at least not to the number that it is now.

We're on the same page.

It's been 19 years since 9/11. How many of those Sanders supporters can remember that date or were even born yet? And how many other attacks on the homeland were foiled by actions taken thereafter to foil pieces of shit like Al Qaeda and ISIS of which those Berners have next to no knowledge?

I think we waste hella money having so many troops in countries like Germany which are quite capable of defending themselves. However, continuing to have bases in potential hotspots like the Middle East where lunatic religious fundamentalists who detest our country for its democratic openness and therefore want to kill Americans is $$ well spent IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RSF said:

Has anybody ever monged a war before?

Mongered [as in sold, e.g., fishmonger]. Sure. William Randolf Hearst, MacNamara, Rumsfeld. There are plenty of examples.

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
monged
/môNGd/
 
adjective
INFORMALOFFENSIVE
 
  1. heavily under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 12:11 PM, RSF said:
monged
/môNGd/
 
adjective
INFORMALOFFENSIVE
 
  1. heavily under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
 
 
 
 
war·mon·ger
/ˈwôrˌməNGɡər/
noun
 
  1. a person who encourages or advocates aggression towards other countries or groups.
     
     

documented-civilian-deaths-in-iraq-war-s

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 1:08 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Mongered [as in sold, e.g., fishmonger]. Sure. William Randolf Hearst, MacNamara, Rumsfeld. There are plenty of examples.

Dick Cheney, LBJ Admin, Nixon Admin, Reagan Admin, Clinton Admin, ..... and the list goes on and on. 

Some wars you have to fight. Most wars, engagements, Police Actions, etc since WW2 we had no business being involved in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spaztecs said:

Dick Cheney, LBJ Admin, Nixon Admin, Reagan Admin, Clinton Admin, ..... and the list goes on and on. 

Some wars you have to fight. Most wars, engagements, Police Actions, etc since WW2 we had no business being involved in.

Perhaps the best anti-war Prez we had was Ike. He got us out of Korea and stayed away from conflicts despite the hotness if the Cold War.

Then again, he had more Nukes than our enemies and U2 spy planes that gave us vital intelligence info and advantages over our enemies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...