Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

POLL: Who is the bigger Warmonger?

Who is the bigger Warmonger?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the bigger Warmonger?

On 9/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Trump would cry about being called a name and Joe would just forget you ever said it after a few hours.

Yeah, Trump is famous for letting grievances go. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

The messaging around this strike is probably more important than the strike itself.

Ten days elapsed between the trigger - 15 February's rocket attack in Irbil - and retaliation.

The US defence secretary made a point of thanking the Iraqi government for its intelligence input.

The Pentagon said the air strikes had been conducted "together with diplomatic measures", including consultation with coalition partners.

Nor did the attacks take place on Iraqi soil, thus minimising any embarrassment for the government in Baghdad.

In short, Washington seems to be drawing a sharp distinction with the more intemperate, unilateral instincts of the previous administration.

But at a time when the Biden administration is exploring ways of reviving the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, the strikes also sends a message to Tehran: just because we're willing to sit down and talk doesn't mean your proxies around the region can do what they want.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56205056

Bottom Line: This doesn't involve "WARmongering."

And btw, if there's a bigger POS in the world today than Bashar al-Assad, I'd like to know who it is.

Biden is going to have to deal with Iran sooner or later. My guess is it will be one of appeasement renewing an Iran agreement with no teeth. Which will result in another Mideast war between Israel and Iran when Iran nears development of a nuke.  Instead we should be attacking Iran from within spreading seeds of discontent like China and Russia are doing with us right now. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Biden is going to have to deal with Iran sooner or later. My guess is it will be one of appeasement renewing an Iran agreement with no teeth. Which will result in another Mideast war between Israel and Iran. Instead we should be attacking Iran from within like China and Russia are doing with us right now. 

Yeah, because everything else has worked so well :whistle:

remember when Iran was our ally?

must they always remain our enemy?

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yeah, because everything else has worked so well :whistle:

remember when Iran was our ally?

must they always remain our enemy?

Those days are long gone. That all changed when the Shah took US hostages. Their leadership has seen us as the enemy ever since and vice versa. They are now one of the biggest supporters of terrorists in the Middle East and Russia is one of their biggest supporters. 

We don’t need to foment a crisis with them, but thinking we can be friends with their current leadership is naive. 

I don't think the Shah took US hostages. Your post is otherwise accurate however as ever since Carter allowed the Shah into the US to be treated for cancer from which he eventually died the Revolutionary WTF Party has ruled that country with an iron fist. The Iranians/Persians I've known here in the US have all been great people and have assured me in their own way that they would love to see their country be a democracy again. However, it hasn't been one since the CIA deposed that government and inserted the Pahlavis as basically dictators in the early 1950s.

Iran is a shit stain on the Middle East, there's no doubt about it. However, it's a stain that our country set in motion.

39 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Those days are long gone. That all changed when the Shah took US hostages. Their leadership has seen us as the enemy ever since and vice versa. They are now one of the biggest supporters of terrorists in the Middle East and Russia is one of their biggest supporters. 

We don’t need to foment a crisis with them, but thinking we can be friends with their current leadership is naive. 

Sanctions brought Iran to the bargaining table.

Was the deal perfect? No

Was it better than what is going on now? Yes

BTW, I'm pretty sure the US has killed more folks in the ME than Iran.

Maybe they think we're the terrorist, after all it is their "backyard". :shrug:

26 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I don't think the Shah took US hostages. Your post is otherwise accurate however as ever since Carter allowed the Shah into the US to be treated for cancer from which he eventually died the Revolutionary WTF Party has ruled that country with an iron fist. The Iranians/Persians I've known here in the US have all been great people and have assured me in their own way that they would love to see their country be a democracy again. However, it hasn't been one since the CIA deposed that government and inserted the Pahlavis as basically dictators in the early 1950s.

Iran is a shit stain on the Middle East, there's no doubt about it. However, it's a stain that our country set in motion.

Right, they took hostages because we gave the Shah refuge.

5 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Oops, I meant Khomeini. In any regard Iran is dead set on wiping Israel off the map and will do so when they have nuke capability, unless Israel strikes first and dismantles their enrichment facilities. 

On 9/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, WAC_FAN said:

I don't know, there seems to be a large number of people (Trump/Tulsi/Some Bernie) supporters who thinks we have way too much troops stationed abroad and want to take a totally anti-interventionist approach to basically everything. (In my opinion, to the detriment of our own safety).  It's a strange far left/right type of view that I don't think existed 10-15 years ago, at least not to the number that it is now.

Keeping the troops in place, which I don’t agree with isn’t exactly warmongering. 

On 2/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

And btw, if there's a bigger POS in the world today than Bashar al-Assad, I'd like to know who it is.

The Crown Princes of Saudi Arabia; Netenyahu, the Ayatollahs, etc. 

Assad, for all of his faults, provides a service (who also has provided us a number of quality services in the past) and is a bulwark against complete and total chaos in the greater Middle East. 

59 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

The Crown Princes of Saudi Arabia; Netenyahu, the Ayatollahs, etc. 

Assad, for all of his faults, provides a service (who also has provided us a number of quality services in the past) and is a bulwark against complete and total chaos in the greater Middle East. 

Netanyahu is a bigger POS than Assad? Are you serious?

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/over-14-300-people-tortured-to-death-in-syria/1889956#

On 10/7/2020 at 12:11 PM, RSF said:
monged
/môNGd/

adjective
INFORMALOFFENSIVE

1. heavily under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

berserkers?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

look, you wanna be the big imperial dog on the block, you're gonna have to run like 60 baby wars while your taxpayers think there's only 1.5 going on

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.