Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

MWC Looking to play this fall

Just now, bigd said:

God I hope this happens! If any schools can't play so be it, a round robin 8 game schedule sounds pretty good!

I mean I don’t want to unnecessarily put college kids at risk for my enjoyment but I certainly wouldn’t complain if they all signed on to this and football happens. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I mean I don’t want to unnecessarily put college kids at risk for my enjoyment but I certainly wouldn’t complain if they all signed on to this and football happens. 

I might have missed some thread somewhere. But how is Nevada going to fund it? I thought I read Nevada was going to be millions of dollars in the red, laid off lots of staff. No ticket/parking/concession or body bag payoff game. Like I said I might have missed an important part of the equation.

2 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I might have missed some thread somewhere. But how is Nevada going to fund it? I thought I read Nevada was going to be millions of dollars in the red, laid off lots of staff. No ticket/parking/concession or body bag payoff game. Like I said I might have missed an important part of the equation.

UNM reports a 3.6 million dollar budget deficit, but we're moving forward with playing. Trump will bail us out.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I'd imagine that a huge part of our AD's expenses are fixed costs. Whether we play or not we'll be paying salaries, scholarships, etc. It's going to be a rough year financially no matter what, but we might as well play.

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Didn't the entire team sign on to play originally? I'd imagine only a very small fraction of D1 athletes don't want to play right now. And for anyone that doesn't we should certainly respect their scholarship and the NCAA should give an extra year.

10 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Weird that Fresno, specifically, is listed as an unknown and not SJSU and SDSU. Is that wildfire related? 

Has to be .  It can't be enticing to go play there, imagine having to practice.  It's actually dangerous right now.

Good. Finally some sense.  There is negligible risk involved with the current daily testing. Substantially less risk than if we just let the kids do whatever they want with no season and frankly it's not even close. Infinitesimally less risk

Like I said last month. There was nothing to gain and everything to lose from cancelling early. Rapid testing was coming and everyone knew it 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

7 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Has to be .  It can't be enticing to go play there, imagine having to practice.  It's actually dangerous right now.

The air quality is actually improving. It is now just in the "unhealthy" range. Which, unfortunately, for Fresno isn't all that uncommon. Plus by the time players actual start practicing that could be in "unhealthy for sensitive group ranges" (ie basically normal for Fresno).  Cause players would actually need to get to campus first and be tested/isolate for few days. So it seems they would be a week or so away from starting practice. 

The bigger thing is Fresno has basically made no effort to have a season thus far. As far as I am aware they never even attempted to practice (pretty sure the rest fo the MW did). 

5 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Good. Finally some sense.  There is negligible risk involved with the current daily testing. Substantially less risk than if we just let the kids do whatever they want with no season and frankly it's not even close. Infinitesimally less risk

Like I said last month. There was nothing to gain and everything to lose from cancelling early. Rapid testing was coming and everyone knew it 

Holy shit I just liked one of your posts, and not because it will become a running joke on MW board for decades. Well done sir. I salute you. #moreshreddedthanyou

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

10 hours ago, mugtang said:

Over 30,000 cases among college students. Zero hospitalizations. I'd say it's pretty low risk for the kids. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.