Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada6077

Moses

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Is this where we put our black hebrew Israelite memes? 

just give me the greenlight @mugtang

this wont be ad friendly 

No

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 hours ago, Nevada6077 said:

I believe he was a brotha , any disagrees state ur case

Why did others oppose his marrying a "kushite" in Numbers 12:1?

I'd say it's more likely "Moses" is a mythological conglomeration of a few different people and stories put together. 

5 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Aren’t there Roman accounts of Jesus before the empire became Catholic? 

Josephus made mention of him, but that was well after his supposed crucifixion, and when the myth may have conceivable been created by Christians of the time. 

Not trying to offend anyone by the way, and admittedly it has been quite some time since I've studied the subject matter so there may be more info available. 

EDIT - There were definitely quite a few people like Jesus back in the day. Messianic prophets wandering around, accruing followers, and trying to subvert the Roman rule of their land. It makes sense to me that folks would have come up with an amalgamation of the prophets and complied the mythology. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Josephus made mention of him, but that was well after his supposed crucifixion, and when the myth may have conceivable been created by Christians of the time. 

Not trying to offend anyone by the way, and admittedly it has been quite some time since I've studied the subject matter so there may be more info available. 

EDIT - There were definitely quite a few people like Jesus back in the day. Messianic prophets wandering around, accruing followers, and trying to subvert the Roman rule of their land. It makes sense to me that folks would have come up with an amalgamation of the prophets and complied the mythology. 

No I’m not offended or anything, I just don’t think you can lump the two together since there is evidence of Jesus existing. Not 100% conclusive, he still may have been a myth, but there’s a good chance he really did exist and was crucified by the Romans. I agree that Moses almost certainly was fictional though. 

Sort of on this subject, this is a video I found interesting breaking down the Kings of Israel:

He notes which ones are mythical and which ones are historical. He actually has a few videos like this regarding biblical characters, and is releasing one on Christmas breaking down Jesus’ family tree, which should be interesting. 

Also learned on this channel that former president Jimmy Carter is related to Berry Gordy, one of the dudes from LMFAO, and (through marriage) Beyoncé. The more you know lol.