Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpartanGrad

CA Gov Claims No Restrictions on PAC-12 to Resume Season

4 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I hear people say this all the time, but I honestly never know what people mean when they are leaving CA for (fill in the blank vague complaint). Do you just want to pay less taxes? This is a serious question btw. 

Although I do not own a business, much of what this gentleman says expresses my thoughts as well. You may think this State is just fine, and that's fine, we can agree to disagree. I wish you and yours well, but as for me and mine, we will leave as soon as we can. Have lived here all my life, but my wife and I have had enough. All 3 of my kids are out of State, one has put down roots in Lincoln, NE. The other 2 are in college in Utah. My advice to the two younger will be to look elsewhere for a State to call home.

Fleeing Californians ruined Nevada.  If you’re going to move away from your dumpster fire, then don’t move elsewhere and vote the same type of crappy politicians in and infect other places. 

1 hour ago, brillio said:

Fleeing Californians ruined Nevada.  If you’re going to move away from your dumpster fire, then don’t move elsewhere and vote the same type of crappy politicians in and infect other places. 

Well I’m a conservative MF’r, so you know how I’m going to vote. 😑

3 hours ago, brillio said:

See, this is the problem and why I'm so upset about my new neighbors.  If my town is attractive enough to move to, why the hell do they want to change it to look like the one they ran away from?

Welcome folks.  Just embrace what you've gained, quit f**cking with my life.

5 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Although I do not own a business, much of what this gentleman says expresses my thoughts as well. You may think this State is just fine, and that's fine, we can agree to disagree. I wish you and yours well, but as for me and mine, we will leave as soon as we can. Have lived here all my life, but my wife and I have had enough. All 3 of my kids are out of State, one has put down roots in Lincoln, NE. The other 2 are in college in Utah. My advice to the two younger will be to look elsewhere for a State to call home.

The cost of living will always be high in desirable places to live, so I always find blaming “democrat mismanagement” for that really dumb. And then he is saying there are too many homeless people.... but the taxes are too high..... so he doesn’t want his taxes to increase to fund any programs to help the problem.... but then he also don’t want to move resources from the police to help deal with the homes less problem because that would be “defunding the police”..... And crime is “increasing” even though it has been declining literally his entire life.... that was just five minutes of incoherent rambling. 

Ultimately it just sounds like he wants to live in a place with a lower cost of living. I don’t know why he can’t just say that instead of being so melodramatic about it. 

8 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

The cost of living will always be high in desirable places to live, so I always find blaming “democrat mismanagement” for that really dumb. And then he is saying there are too many homeless people.... but the taxes are too high..... so he doesn’t want his taxes to increase to fund any programs to help the problem.... but then he also don’t want to move resources from the police to help deal with the homes less problem because that would be “defunding the police”..... And crime is “increasing” even though it has been declining literally his entire life.... that was just five minutes of incoherent rambling. 

Ultimately it just sounds like he wants to live in a place with a lower cost of living. I don’t know why he can’t just say that instead of being so melodramatic about it. 

Because that would be admitting failure. These people are so transparent. I light a cigar on the flames of the Angeles National Forest every time one of them announces they’re leaving. I recommend Oklahoma.

17 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

The only thing is when they become voters they will still vote the same way as they did in California bringing the mess they created and ruin another state.  Oregon and Washington know this pretty well.

Not me, I escaped the Peoples Republic of California 14 years ago for the Carolinas and I am in heaven! People here actually love America. There’s a very active Facebook page called Leaving California and they’re all conservatives looking to get out as soon as they can, so I don’t think your theory is quite true. I actually think that in the next 15 years the pendulum is going to swing back because people are waking up from there stupor and realizing that progressivism doesn’t actually work.

7 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I think many conservatives would happily have higher taxes to help with the homeless problem, but at some point we need to begin institutionalizing people with legitimate mental health issues who cannot care for themselves. That is more humane than allowing them to live in their own shit on the streets. Without that aspect changing the situation will never improve. Plus the cost of construction is so high that building housing just isn't feasible. When someone making $100k plus per year can barely afford to live in LA or SF how are we going to build homeless housing?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/10/08/los-angeles-la-california-homeless-shelter-housing-apartments-condos/3882484002/

In LA the housing they built for homeless averaged $531,000 per unit? What a joke...

It sounds silly, but that is honestly my top issue in regards to voting. If there were a president or governor that ran on the platform of improving homelessness I'd vote for them no matter their party. I just hate that our cities (and our suburbs now too) have basically just become insane asylums. Parks have been taken over, and there is so much leftover garbage from these encampments. I honestly don't understand how 40 million Californian's see this situation every day and just think it's okay/normal. As Shapiro said, this used to be isolated to skid row, the tenderloin, and very specific areas. But now there isn't any part of California that it isn't highly visible.

15 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Already have my health care in Mex, might just have to consider this.

Let me know if you're coming south. Medical etc work- costs of housing 1/5-appreciation on home (2nd one in Bajamar) follows SD RE Market by lagging 3 years then usually climbs 30% in comparison. Golf and safer than LA County...

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

See, this is the problem and why I'm so upset about my new neighbors.  If my town is attractive enough to move to, why the hell do they want to change it to look like the one they ran away from?

Also change your plates and quit driving like +++++tards. 

This is from someone who moved out of California 30 years ago. Came here because I fell in love with the place, not to change it. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

14 hours ago, brillio said:

More CDS at it's finest.

Nevada is doing just fine.

8 minutes ago, renoskier said:

More CDS at it's finest.

Nevada is doing just fine.

You’re blind. The state sucks now. That’s why I left- it’s California junior now and I know you like it like that. But I remember the days when we were proud that we didn’t “do it like that in California”  Now Nevada is just trying to stay in step with CA 

I live in the Dumpster city now with Mayor Garcetti  who is a tool and does anything to get votes. He was one of the first to kneel down during the riots/looting in Downtown and Melrose. The homelessness of 65000+ is getting pretty bad. That number is about the population size of small city in the MWC. You cannot go a by a underpass or a freeway onramp without tents everywhere. The roads needs work, he wants everyone to turn off A/C when if is over 120+ in the valley and still go step for step whatever Newsom wants. The only time when there was peace in the city is when the National Guard was activated.  I was thinking of moving to Las Vegas two years ago..but now I'm considering Texas or Tennessee as my next options. 

2 minutes ago, brillio said:

You’re blind. The state sucks now. That’s why I left- it’s California junior now and I know you like it like that. But I remember the days when we were proud that we didn’t “do it like that in California”  Now Nevada is just trying to stay in step with CA 

I don't know where you're from originally but I moved here in 1984 from Colorado. I find it to be the same great place I fell in love with 36 years ago. Bigger and in some ways better, still a great place to live.

17 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Shapiro exaggerates some things but in general there's truth to what he says about California and unless I missed it, he didn't even mention the traffic, which has become really bad to abysmal in every major city in the state. However, there's no way I'd move to the South. Too conservative politically in most places and the humidity is intolerable. If my wife and I leave the state as our son has been encouraging us to do in a few years along with him and his girlfriend, it would probably be to southern Oregon. (I won't live in Portland either. That place is nutzo LEFT wing.)

11 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So the homelessness in California doesn't bother you? Increase taxes to fund programs to help the problem? My wife and I voted to increase our county property taxes and then voted again for a separate L.A. city tax both of which would purportedly result in the building of thousands of "low income residences" which would reduce homelessness. That was three years ago. Both passed yet I literally see nothing to indicate such housing was built and in the meantime homelessness has increased.

I can't imagine ever being a Republican but OTOH, I'm becoming more and more displeased with "progressive" legislation.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

So the homelessness in California doesn't bother you? Increase taxes to fund programs to help the problem? My wife and I voted to increase our county property taxes and then voted again for a separate L.A. city tax both of which would purportedly result in the building of thousands of "low income residences" which would reduce homelessness. That was three years ago. Both passed yet I literally see nothing to indicate such housing was built and in the meantime homelessness has increased.

I can't imagine ever being a Republican but OTOH, I'm becoming more and more displeased with "progressive" legislation.

How the hell did you get “I don’t care about the homeless” from my post? And Newsom is a standard phcking Democrat, get that “progressive legislation” bullshit outa here. 

15 hours ago, Headbutt said:

None of you easterners asked permission from us to turn California into KKKalifornia, you just did it.

That's a "free" country for ya, gotta deal with it.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

How the hell did you get “I don’t care about the homeless” from my post? And Newsom is a standard phcking Democrat, get that “progressive legislation” bullshit outa here. 

I inferred that from what you wrote. My bad in misunderstanding.