Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpartanGrad

CA Gov Claims No Restrictions on PAC-12 to Resume Season

Gov. Newsome is backpeddling because now that the BIG is going to do it...if he said No to PAC12 and MWC Cal teams there will be a uproar. He is covering his butt and basically threw everyone under the bus at the same time. I think the PAC12 and MWC schools should file a Lawsuit. It's bad enough there is no season but to say CA teams cannot even practice is another thing. Where's the "Favored Nations" law in this situation. It comes down to Millions of dollars of lost revenue, TV exposure and not to mention ruin an athletes dream of playing in the first place. I wonder how many athletes went to the transfer portal because of this?

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Newsom is the consummate politician. He says the Cali teams can practice at the same time knowing full well public health rules prohibit groups larger than 

Fires, no water, covid and the politics in california make me wonder how long people with a choice will stay there.  

21 minutes ago, slappy said:

Fires, no water, covid and the politics in california make me wonder how long people with a choice will stay there.  

They're leaving in droves.  I picked up about a thousand new neighbors in the last year.  You're next.

@#1Stunner @robe does BYU still have a date open for an SDSU visit to satisfy our home and home?  Hoping it’s an 8+1 schedule and I can make another trip to LES to partake in cougar tails.  

As an aside, BYU will go down in San Diego history as the last team to play against SDSU in the Murph.  A fitting ending considering the great games played against each other in that stadium.  

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Fowl said:

@#1Stunner @robe does BYU still have a date open for an SDSU visit to satisfy our home and home?  Hoping it’s an 8+1 schedule and I can make another trip to LES to partake in cougar tails.  

As an aside, BYU will go down in San Diego history as the last team to play against SDSU in the Murph.  A fitting ending considering the great games played against each other in that stadium.  

We can only hope!

And to answer your question, I got a guy (a proud Aztec) who can get us a direct call scheduled between Tom Holmoe and John David.  @dshawfan

Let's make this happen!!!

Just now, #1Stunner said:

We can only hope!

And to answer your question, I got a guy (a proud Aztec) who can get us a direct call scheduled between Tom Holmoe and John David.  @dshawfan

Yes!  I forgot old @dshawfan had the hook up. We need to get Tom and John David on the phone asap. I’m thinking another home and home would work as well. We need to get you guys to visit our new stadium once constructed. Unfortunately we’ll be playing the Utes in our rented home in Carson next year as well as USU.  That means no Utah football team will be playing in the new stadium until USU in 2025. This is a prime opportunity for BYU to be the last team to play SDSU in the old stadium and the first Utah team to play in the new stadium. 

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Yes!  I forgot old @dshawfan had the hook up. We need to get Tom and John David on the phone asap. I’m thinking another home and home would work as well. We need to get you guys to visit our new stadium once constructed. Unfortunately we’ll be playing the Utes in our rented home in Carson next year as well as USU.  That means no Utah football team will be playing in the new stadium until USU in 2025. This is a prime opportunity for BYU to be the last team to play SDSU in the old stadium and the first Utah team to play in the new stadium. 

Keep talking!

BYU and SDSU should also be an annual basketball series.

7 hours ago, Headbutt said:

They're leaving in droves.  I picked up about a thousand new neighbors in the last year.  You're next.

The only thing is when they become voters they will still vote the same way as they did in California bringing the mess they created and ruin another state.  Oregon and Washington know this pretty well.

18 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

The only thing is when they become voters they will still vote the same way as they did in California bringing the mess they created and ruin another state.  Oregon and Washington know this pretty well.

Washington and Oregon were blue states back when California was a Republican stronghold. I don't think you can blame their politics on Californians:

Presidential Election of 1988

10 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

We can only hope!

I don't know about the phone call, but I may have the Offensive Call Sheet from the Navy game! :D

11 hours ago, slappy said:

I live an hour from the AZ border, and I'm 7 years from retirement, but my wife and I are strongly considering the increased commute, just to get the hell out of this dumpster fire asap!

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

I live an hour from the AZ border, and I'm 7 years from retirement, but my wife and I are strongly considering the increased commute, just to get the hell out of this dumpster fire asap!

Bajamar is a nice alternative...

www.bajamar.com

2 hours ago, dshawfan said:

I hear people say this all the time, but I honestly never know what people mean when they are leaving CA for (fill in the blank vague complaint). Do you just want to pay less taxes? This is a serious question btw. 

4 hours ago, dshawfan said:

I live an hour from the AZ border, and I'm 7 years from retirement, but my wife and I are strongly considering the increased commute, just to get the hell out of this dumpster fire

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I hear people say this all the time, but I honestly never know what people mean when they are leaving CA for (fill in the blank vague complaint). Do you just want to pay less taxes? This is a serious question btw. 

I see it often.   Many different reasons.  Cant just pin it on spartan sports.  Sad thing is that half the new comers start bitching once here about stupid stuff like street lights, side walks etc.  Part of the reason most despise the california on slaught.  Best to claim you are moving from Nevada. 

I bitch and moan about the politics of California, but I doubt I'll ever leave. I simply have too much love for this state and I hate seeing it burned to the ground, both literally and politically.  

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

I bitch and moan about the politics of California, but I doubt I'll ever leave. I simply have too much love for this state and I hate seeing it burned to the ground, both literally and politically.  

You’re fighting a lost cause. Although living in the Fresno area is nothing like living in LA, SF, or SD.