Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

Whistleblower Alleges Medical Neglect and Mass Hysterectomies at ICE Camp

3 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

And there's been 20 million women who have had the same goddamn procedure. But you'd rather them die from cancer.

Before you jump to conclusions you might want to re-read my posts.   I said the MD’s on the board would have to weigh in.   I have not jumped to any conclusions and merely asked a simple question of if it were true would it change your vote.  

Many on the left would say “no it doesn’t matter what Trump does“, you and others would still vote for him (or indirectly oppose him).  I am not willing to just go to the leftist position without at least asking you.  I have my inclinations that it may in fact be true.  But for at least some of you, I would like to believe somewhere a line exists.   

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

Which makes it even more important to follow the established protocols and process'. Each plaintiff will get their opportunity to present their case. No reason to lump all these cases together since they are all different.

I think the claim is this was done as a systematic practice of forced un-reversible sterilization.   Why not tubes tied? Because that can be reversed.   

To investigate that as a claim, I would suspect one would have to understand did this occur at a rate that would far exceed the rates of occurrence in the general population for medically necessary procedures.  Cancer would certainly be one medical procedure and their may be others.    

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

OOPs. You're right. There's a threshold where DOJ should get involved, though. 

Right but a legitimate question exists if DOJ under Barr would conduct a proper investigation.  This cuts directly to the oversight powers of Congress and their withered subpoena powers.   Without the ability to actually subpoena and jail people for non-compliance their powers are minimal.   

After Holder and Barr one would hope a constitutional amendment strengthening Congress’s subpoena powers would have broad support.

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Right but a legitimate question exists if DOJ under Barr would conduct a proper investigation.  This cuts directly to the oversight powers of Congress and their withered subpoena powers.   Without the ability to actually subpoena and jail people for non-compliance their powers are minimal.   

After Holder and Barr one would hope a constitutional amendment strengthening Congress’s subpoena powers would have broad support.

Each chamber of congress has the power to subpoena and jail contumacious witnesses.  Nothing has changed there.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Each chamber of congress has the power to subpoena and jail contumacious witnesses.  Nothing has changed there.

Yeah but it has been a long time since either chamber has done so.   Do you think the power still exists or must it be made more explicit in some manner.  Today members of the executive branch (both parties) routinely ignore valid congressional subpoenas.

8 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah but it has been a long time since either chamber has done so.   Do you think the power still exists or must it be made more explicit in some manner.  Today members of the executive branch (both parties) routinely ignore valid congressional subpoenas.

Of course the power still exists.  The political will to exercise it may not.

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I’m not sure it’s just political will.  It might also be manpower and facilities.  I suspect Schiff has the will but no means at his disposal. 

If directed by congress, an individual having been charged with the criminal offense of Contempt of Congress, the Sargent at Arms of either chamber can proceede with arrest and detention.  Not sure what you are implying.  Are you implying a world where an official charged with a crime will hole up in his house with his security guards and force a siege?

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If directed by congress, an individual having been charged with the criminal offense of Contempt of Congress, the Sargent at Arms of either chamber can proceede with arrest and detention.  Not sure what you are implying.  Are you implying a world where an official charged with a crime will hole up in his house with his security guards and force a siege?

I am implying the Sargent of Arms doesn’t have the facilities to detain them nor the manpower to arrest them if they say F no.

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I am implying the Sargent of Arms doesn’t have the facilities to detain them nor the manpower to arrest them if they say F no.

Ok, so you are saying that when charged with a criminal offense, these mysterious people will hole up in their house, never enter the senate hall, etc...

You realize that Contempt of Congress is a criminal offense, right?

16 hours ago, sactowndog said:

My opinion Zero but let’s ask them

@Rebelbacker @Bob @Nevada Convert @bornontheblue@NorCalCoug @modestobulldog @#1Stunner

what say you? 

equally or more important would it convince the hard core team libertarians to vote Biden?

@sean327 @CV147 @BSUTOP25 @halfmanhalfbronco

what say you?

No this won’t convince me to vote Biden, and there is absolutely zero reason why it should. I’m going to vote #JoJorgensen2020 no matter what.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

I think the claim is this was done as a systematic practice of forced un-reversible sterilization.   Why not tubes tied? Because that can be reversed.   

To investigate that as a claim, I would suspect one would have to understand did this occur at a rate that would far exceed the rates of occurrence in the general population for medically necessary procedures.  Cancer would certainly be one medical procedure and their may be others.    

I didn't see that in the claim. Sterilizations are never counseled as reversible. As I said to Young Rebel, perception is now reality to most. He or she may be quacks but insurance companies track those things and unless he's not charging for the service, those things send up red flags quickly. Clearly it needs to be investigated but in the right way.

25 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I didn't see that in the claim. Sterilizations are never counseled as reversible. As I said to Young Rebel, perception is now reality to most. He or she may be quacks but insurance companies track those things and unless he's not charging for the service, those things send up red flags quickly. Clearly it needs to be investigated but in the right way.

Yes we all agree. 

39 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ok, so you are saying that when charged with a criminal offense, these mysterious people will hole up in their house, never enter the senate hall, etc...

You realize that Contempt of Congress is a criminal offense, right?

I do.  You realize a number of both Obama and Trump administration employees have been found in Contempt of Congress to no effect.