Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

Whistleblower Alleges Medical Neglect and Mass Hysterectomies at ICE Camp

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

He's the full complaint filed with the OIG 

https://www.scribd.com/document/476013004/OIG-Complaint#from_embed

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

6 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

geez

that's almost literally incredible.  like something out of a movie.

I’m going to try to withhold judgement, only because it seems too outlandish to be true. But my god, if proven true ...

That is so crazy it is hard to believe that that is actually happening.  I mean, why, for starters?  What is the point?  And who would be cruel enough to do this?  

We need to get out of the private prison business, and this needs to be investigated and verified.  It's too unfathomable for me to really take the stance I want to take just reading it.

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

geez

that's almost literally incredible.  like something out of a movie.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

I’m going to try to withhold judgement, only because it seems too outlandish to be true. But my god, if proven true ...

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

That is so crazy it is hard to believe that that is actually happening.  I mean, why, for starters?  What is the point?  And who would be cruel enough to do this?  

We need to get out of the private prison business, and this needs to be investigated and verified.  It's too unfathomable for me to really take the stance I want to take just reading it.

Stephen Miller.

His thing is preserving a white majority in America.

25 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Stephen Miller.

I wouldn't be surprised, for this reason. Cruelty and dehumanization seems to be a defining characteristic of this administration's immigration policy, and Miller is the architect of that policy. But man, this is really awful if it is true.

11 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I wouldn't be surprised, for this reason. Cruelty and dehumanization seems to be a defining characteristic of this administration's immigration policy, and Miller is the architect of that policy. But man, this is really awful if it is true.

yes, it all seems too unbelievable to think there could be some doctor, rogue or directed, handing out hysterectomies as some form of immigration deterrent or population control, but let's play a game while we're here.

If Stephen Miller or any Trump admin higher up was found to be involved in this apparent crime against humanity, what percentage of Trumpers would bail on him?

39 minutes ago, toonkee said:

yes, it all seems too unbelievable to think there could be some doctor, rogue or directed, handing out hysterectomies as some form of immigration deterrent or population control, but let's play a game while we're here.

If Stephen Miller or any Trump admin higher up was found to be involved in this apparent crime against humanity, what percentage of Trumpers would bail on him?

:rotflmfao:

Are the doctors and nurses using the Spanish language when performing these procedures?

The complaint details several accounts from detainees, including one woman who was not properly anesthetized during the procedure and heard the aforementioned doctor tell the nurse he had mistakenly removed the wrong ovary, resulting in her losing all reproductive ability. Another said she was scheduled for the procedure but when she questioned why it was necessary, she was given at least three completely different answers.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

Stephen Miller.

A vote for Trump is a vote for that psychopath continuing to abuse powerless people. 

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

"Crime against humanity" is a misnomer in their view. To MAGAheads, immigrants aren't people. They're the infection to the national blood and an invading horde. 

40 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The board says this is genocide when Chinese do it to Uighurs. 

As horrific as it would be if true, there are differences.  China controls the entire population of Uighurs.  The US has no impact on the population of Latin Americans.  

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

I'm down with the answer below.

51 minutes ago, renoskier said:

:rotflmfao:

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

As horrific as it would be if true, there are differences.  China controls the entire population of Uighurs.  The US has no impact on the population of Latin Americans.  

So the Holocaust wasn't a genocide because Jews lived outside Europe? 

Genocide implies a systemic effort to reduce a population via murder/sterilization, regardless if the entire population of that group is controlled or not. 

That said, we don't know if this practice is systemic (I sure hope not). But we do know that physical and sexual abuse against migrant women and children in these facilities is. What's sad is that this complaint isn't completely out of the realm of imagination given the conditions these people are subjected to. 

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. Someone I know posted an article about this with the headline "Women in ICE Detention Centers were reportedly given Hysterectomies without Consent", which was later changed to ""Women in ICE Detention Centers were reportedly given Hysterectomies without INFORMED Consent" a few hours later. 

I haven't read the whole complaint linked above, but I did see where it stated "hiding information from employees and detained immigrants about who has tested positive for COVID-19". I would think the nurse would know that divulging that information is a violation of HIPPA laws. That's the small stuff though.....the mass hysterectomies is the big complaint there and I see that the doctor did remove the wrong overy, which, of course would be a malpractice situation. 

Just now, youngredbullfan said:

So the Holocaust wasn't a genocide because Jews lived outside Europe? 

Genocide implies a systemic effort to reduce a population via murder/sterilization/mass deportation, regardless if the entire population of that group is controlled or not. 

That said, we don't know if this practice is systemic or not (I sure hope not). But we do know that physical and sexual abuse against migrant women and children in these facilities is. What's sad is that this complaint isn't completely out of the realm of imagination given the conditions these people are subjected to. 

Well, I will be voting for the only candidate that wants to dismantle these facilities.