Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Trump Hits 45.1% in RCP Average Approval Rating

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Because all of my postings about Bernie?   Seriously, go find one posting from me about Bernie.  You simply live in a small world if you think Biden has this wrapped up.

If my post was a bit snarky, I apologize. I also have never said the election is in the bag for Biden, although I do think his chances are better than Trump's.

I just don't see how someone like you who is as anti-Trump as I am could possibly hesitate to vote for Uncle Joe however many warts he may have.

7 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

If my post was a bit snarky, I apologize. I also have never said the election is in the bag for Biden, although I do think his chances are better than Trump's.

I just don't see how someone like you who is as anti-Trump as I am could possibly hesitate to vote for Uncle Joe however many warts he may have.

but why the connection to Bernie?

Don't think ECA was ever a BBro.

10 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I am dissatisfied with both of the popular parties.  I just don't see where the confidence comes from those who think Biden is ahead, and I think a big reason is because people are in cities, and don't see the complete 180 it is once you leave cities.  And I am unsure any states are going to flip, because Biden isn't a needle-mover.  

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

but why the connection to Bernie?

Don't think ECA was ever a BBro.

I don't really hitch to any candidate at the national level, because I don't trust them and the things they have likely done to get there that is against our interests.  Bernie was also too much for me.  I wouldn't have voted for him.

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I am dissatisfied with both of the popular parties.  I just don't see where the confidence comes from those who think Biden is ahead, and I think a big reason is because people are in cities, and don't see the complete 180 it is once you leave cities.  And I am unsure any states are going to flip, because Biden isn't a needle-mover.  

I don't really hitch to any candidate at the national level, because I don't trust them and the things they have likely done to get there that is against our interests.  Bernie was also too much for me.  I wouldn't have voted for him.

I would have really held my nose and voted for Bernie, that's just how strongly I feel about Trump being bad for America. I'll have no problem voting for an establishment/status quo candidate like Biden.

And I'm not confident about a Biden victory either.

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Lack of enthusiasm for Biden is understandable because there's no reason to think he will be anything but a mediocre president. However, there's mediocre and there's miserable. Moreover, although I wouldn't expect Uncle Joe to say so, it's highly unlikely he would run for reelection.

So my credo is this. Rid the country now of one of the 3-4 worst presidents in its history and then start over in 2024 with a clean slate.

5 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Famous last words of Hillary Clinton. 

The only thing Biden can be fairly certain of , is that he will win the popular vote, so if you take that and $2.79 you can buy yourself a cup of coffee at Starbucks. 

Too many critical states are up for grabs right now. 

Trump will get Florida, Texas, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina. Trump has a decent shot at Arizona, Wisconsin and Michigan and Pennsylvania. He will probably get at least two of those states. 

Trump has a long shot at Minnesota, Nevada. This election is still far from decided. 

You're drinking Kool-aid. National polling was solid in 2016; most polls were within the margin of error. State polls were off, but pollsters adjusted the way they weigh things in response. Trump is unpopular. His approval ratings have been remarkably consistent. Third-party vote share is slated to plummet. Biden polls at or above 50 percent in many polls, whereas HRC was often in the low-to-mid 40s. The economy is rebounding, but it's still not doing great. Biden is raising more money than Trump. The only thing you can hope for is that the race tightens up or that the fundamentals are wrong.

North Carolina and Florida are tossups. Biden is a slight favorite in AZ and Pennsylvania. Biden is also favored in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Trump has a slight lead in Texas and Georgia. https://forecast.decisiondeskhq.com/president

https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/?utm_source=digg

1 hour ago, Danimaji said:

You're drinking Kool-aid. National polling was solid in 2016; most polls were within the margin of error. State polls were off, but pollsters adjusted the way they weigh things in response. Trump is unpopular. His approval ratings have been remarkably consistent. Third-party vote share is slated to plummet. Biden polls at or above 50 percent in many polls, whereas HRC was often in the low-to-mid 40s. The economy is rebounding, but it's still not doing great. Biden is raising more money than Trump. The only thing you can hope for is that the race tightens up or that the fundamentals are wrong.

North Carolina and Florida are tossups. Biden is a slight favorite in AZ and Pennsylvania. Biden is also favored in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Trump has a slight lead in Texas and Georgia. https://forecast.decisiondeskhq.com/president

https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/?utm_source=digg

We will see soon. I’m making no guarantee of a Trump victory, but Biden is nowhere close to having this wrapped up. 

48 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

We will see soon. I’m making no guarantee of a Trump victory, but Biden is nowhere close to having this wrapped up. 

I hope I live long enough to see your quote written this way ," I'm making no guarantee of X candidate victory, but Y candidate is nowhere close to having this wrapped up....because Z candidate is attracting more voters and the percentages are narrowing."

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Because all of my postings about Bernie?   Seriously, go find one posting from me about Bernie.  You simply live in a small world if you think Biden has this wrapped up.

I dont remember you ever feeling the Bern...

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Well, I think we might know pretty early.  Whoever wins PA is going to win the election.

13 hours ago, WYO1016 said:

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. "What if" doesn't change the fact that he is indeed an asshole, can't stay off of twitter, and has such a fragile ego that he picks fights with everyone under the sun. I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around how anyone who has watched this circus for the last 4 years can still think that this is effective leadership.

TDS, just remember that your family still loves you. 

kat.jpg

There are so many variables, I don’t think anyone can predict a winner right now with any certainty. Are there any polls out there that both parties would agree are truly unbiased? 

Looking at various betting sites it appears it’s a dead heat right now based on who people are putting their money on. 

14 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Well, I think we might know pretty early.  Whoever wins PA is going to win the election.

It all comes down to FL and PA. 

Trump is looking pretty good in Florida right now, his numbers with Hispanic voters in Florida are better than 2016. Trump can win Pennsylvania if there is good turnout in the Central and Western Rural counties. Enthusiasm for Trump is much higher than for Biden so He has a decent shot. 

If Trump win Florida and Pennsylvania he can afford to lose a Michigan, or a Wisconsin, or Arizona. 

51 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

There are so many variables, I don’t think anyone can predict a winner right now with any certainty. Are there any polls out there that both parties would agree are truly unbiased? 

Looking at various betting sites it appears it’s a dead heat right now based on who people are putting their money on. 

Betting odds are a dead heat. Trump has narrowed that gap substantially 

image.png.1af959f22b4b4cf3f0b8a9d3dfb6f74b.png

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

It all comes down to FL and PA. 

Trump is looking pretty good in Florida right now, his numbers with Hispanic voters in Florida are better than 2016. Trump can win Pennsylvania if there is good turnout in the Central and Western Rural counties. Enthusiasm for Trump is much higher than for Biden so He has a decent shot. 

If Trump win Florida and Pennsylvania he can afford to lose a Michigan, or a Wisconsin, or Arizona. 

Biden doesn't need to win either state to reach 270 electoral votes. Winning Florida would put the election away. Winning Pennsylvania gives Biden a great shot. 

Florida isn't "looking pretty good" for either candidate. It looks like a tossup, which is basically how the state always ends up. Unfortunately for Trump, he doesn't have a viable path to reelection without Florida.