Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Trump Hits 45.1% in RCP Average Approval Rating

I find it hilarious that "more than half of the people in this country think you're doing a crap job" is the high water mark for this administration

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

11 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

I find it hilarious that "more than half of the people in this country think you're doing a crap job" is the high water mark for this administration

Obama rarely exceeded 50% approval, and often was in the low 40's. He was also reelected. 

Nobody had a base like Trump's. The change reflects how disgusted 40-45% of the electorate is (excluding those who are vehement anti-abortionists) with their economic lot in life, the blame for which they place on the Democratic Party.

In some respects I think they're wrong but for the most part, I can't blame them. For decades the Dems were the party of the middle class. It fought hard to support companies involved with manufacturing products. "Made in USA" once meant something, a lot in fact. The Dems also fought to enable workers to be represented by unions to buttress their rights if they so chose. However, these days the Dems basically just give lip service to that stuff and instead support one-percenters like Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos whose companies manufacture virtually nothing and who vigorously fight worker unionization.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Obama rarely exceeded 50% approval, and often was in the low 40's. He was also reelected. 

Actually, his average was 47.9.  It was above 50 on Election night, and it was 59 when he left office. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Nobody had a base like Trump's. The change reflects how disgusted 40-45% of the electorate is (excluding those who are vehement anti-abortionists) with their economic lot in life, the blame for which they place on the Democratic Party.

In some respects I think they're wrong but for the most part, I can't blame them. For decades the Dems were the party of the middle class. It fought hard to support companies involved with manufacturing products. "Made in USA" once meant something, a lot in fact. The Dems also fought to enable workers to be represented by unions to buttress their rights if they so chose. However, these days the Dems basically just give lip service to that stuff and instead support one-percenters like Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos whose companies manufacture virtually nothing and who vigorously fight worker unionization.

Can't disagree.  Effing Richard Nixon started the EPA...these days people would be called a communist if they did something so bold.  Democrats had basically become the Republican lite party of bankers, tech CEOs, and various coastal elites who were very much "lifestyle liberals" who supported gay rights and other personal liberties but didn't support the economic policies to give power and opportunity to the middle class.  I can't really blame Bill Clinton for being such a centrist because that is what he needed to do to win.  I really think it is the boomer generation that was the problem.  Very selfish as a generation and that translated into them wanting to pay no taxes during their working years.  Should it be any surprise that now we are getting more economically "liberal" as the boomers are becoming more reliant on the social safety net?  They loved all the programs when they were young, defunded their kids education and took all the money out of social security at middle age, and now are lining up for what they "earned."

Posted Image

3 hours ago, WYO1016 said:

what's even funnier is that Trump will win in an electoral landside, but still lose the popular vote by a significant margin 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

44 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Can't disagree.  Effing Richard Nixon started the EPA...these days people would be called a communist if they did something so bold.  Democrats had basically become the Republican lite party of bankers, tech CEOs, and various coastal elites who were very much "lifestyle liberals" who supported gay rights and other personal liberties but didn't support the economic policies to give power and opportunity to the middle class.  I can't really blame Bill Clinton for being such a centrist because that is what he needed to do to win.  I really think it is the boomer generation that was the problem.  Very selfish as a generation and that translated into them wanting to pay no taxes during their working years.  Should it be any surprise that now we are getting more economically "liberal" as the boomers are becoming more reliant on the social safety net?  They loved all the programs when they were young, defunded their kids education and took all the money out of social security at middle age, and now are lining up for what they "earned."

I don't blame Clinton for his moderation. After all, The Newt controlled Congress most of that time. However, among Clinton's campaign promises the first go-round was that he would seek legislation to amend the National Labor Relations Act to require employers to rehire legal strikers once the labor dispute was resolved, something that had always happened until Reagan fired all the federal air traffic controllers after they struck ILLEGALLY a decade earlier. Never once did Clinton make any effort to fulfill that promise. Trump has failed to achieve half of the things he promised his supporters but he deserves credit for at least trying to build the wall, stop the trade deficit with China, castrate North Korea and the like.

26 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I don't blame Clinton for his moderation. After all, The Newt controlled Congress most of that time. However, among Clinton's campaign promises the first go-round was that he would seek legislation to amend the National Labor Relations Act to require employers to rehire legal strikers once the labor dispute was resolved, something that had always happened until Reagan fired all the federal air traffic controllers after they struck ILLEGALLY a decade earlier. Never once did Clinton make any effort to fulfill that promise. Trump has failed to achieve half of the things he promised his supporters but he deserves credit for at least trying to build the wall, stop the trade deficit with China, castrate North Korea and the like.

I disagree that Trump tries hard.  The only thing he tries hard at doing is owning the libs and lying.  Trump likes to do "Rose Ceremonies" but hates putting the actual WORK of getting any major changes across the legislative finish line.  He knows that he would have to compromise and feel some political pain with his base in order to actually get anything accomplished so he doesn't even try to do anything of substance.  That is why all of his big promises in 2016 have failed....because they actually take work...and he is very lazy and stupid.

Posted Image

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

I disagree that Trump tries hard.  The only thing he tries hard at doing is owning the libs and lying.  Trump likes to do "Rose Ceremonies" but hates putting the actual WORK of getting any major changes across the legislative finish line.  He knows that he would have to compromise and feel some political pain with his base in order to actually get anything accomplished so he doesn't even try to do anything of substance.  That is why all of his big promises in 2016 have failed....because they actually take work...and he is very lazy and stupid.

I didn't say he tries hard, simply that he tries. And considering how many times he criticized Obama for playing golf in comparison to how often HE plays golf and considering how much TV watching and texting he does, he definitely seems lazy for a president. As to stupid, although our mileage obviously differs, he's very good at firing up his base so there's that. However, he's clearly the worst informed president I've ever seen and can't possibly have a 3-digit IQ. Add in all his other deficiencies and it's scary as hell to imagine how phucked up our country will be four years from now if he's reelected.

2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I didn't say he tries hard, simply that he tries. And considering how many times he criticized Obama for playing golf in comparison to how often HE plays golf and considering how much TV watching and texting he does, he definitely seems lazy for a president. As to stupid, although our mileage obviously differs, he's very good at firing up his base so there's that. However, he's clearly the worst informed president I've ever seen and can't possibly have a 3-digit IQ. Add in all his other deficiencies and it's scary as hell to imagine how phucked up our country will be four years from now if he's reelected.

This is true....he does have a very high IQ when it comes to being a conman.   I guess when you have to sell a con to the marks it helps to believe it yourself. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

You must have a strong attraction to living in hell. 🤠👍

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, Akkula said:

Why is it again that you have that stupid asshole as your Avatar? 

kat.jpg

7 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It's really kind of remarkable how little Trump's approval rate has changed.  Less fluctuation than any of the previous 14 presidents.

image.png

Trump would’ve had dynamics up and down above 45% to maybe 70% if he didn’t constantly shoot himself in the foot all the time. If he knew how to say the cliche cool and calm bedside manner stuff that people expect during riots and tough times, if he didn’t tweet, didn’t get baited so easily into pissing contests with total losers like Joe Scarborough, etc. He’s got the rare charisma and ability to connect like Reagan and Clinton could. He’s just too jaded to have his approval jump up and down above his base. 

kat.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, RSF said:

Actually, his average was 47.9.  It was above 50 on Election night, and it was 59 when he left office. 

Fact Checking.

Guest #1Stunner
7 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Thank you for saying this.

The Democratic Party used to be the party of the little guy.   Now they have basically abandoned a large segment of America over to Trump (white blue collar types), and have gone all in on racial politics (trying to get minority voters), and college educated liberals / and the Silicon Valley / Tech Billionaires. 

They thought it would work last time, and it didn't.  

Who knows...maybe it will work this time.