slappy

Didnt watch a single snap

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s hard for me to pinpoint why I don’t care for the NFL. I lost interest about ten years ago although I’ll still watch a game every now and then. Part of it is all the offenses and defenses look the same with the same plays. It’s almost too perfect and gets boring.

College football is a lot more exciting with the bands, cheerleaders, and game atmosphere. The games are also a lot more varied and outcome not as certain other than the elite teams. Plus you get a turnover of 15-20 players every year and it’s interesting to see how the new freshmen do. 

I agree with this until just recently. I have come back to the NFL. A lot of it has to do with Josh Allen. I watch every Bills game now and probably Red Zone is the other reason. Its great zoning around catching the great plays and towards the end of the games you get to see the great endings no matter what.

I haven't watch any NFL thus far either.  I used to be a much more avid nfl watcher.   I do watch some Josh Allen highlights when I can.   

I was going to watch the Broncos on Monday night but decided not to when about half the team decided to kneel there.  

Oh and the NFL TV ratings for the first weekend were down double digits from last year.  So its more than just a few people turning them off.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Oh and the NFL TV ratings for the first weekend were down double digits from last year.  So its more than just a few people turning them off.

The ratings were up and down.   And it blows everything else on TV out of the water.  So the only competition the NFL has is itself.

624RP2N0_bigger.jpeg

Week 1 NFL:
CBS singleheader: 13.6 million (-12%)
Fox regional: 13.5 million (+7%)
Fox national window: 25.8 million (+8%)
NBC Sunday night: 18.9 million (-15%)

1 minute ago, RSF said:

The ratings were up and down.   And it blows everything else on TV out of the water.  So the only competition the NFL has is itself.

624RP2N0_bigger.jpeg

Week 1 NFL:
CBS singleheader: 13.6 million (-12%)
Fox regional: 13.5 million (+7%)
Fox national window: 25.8 million (+8%)
NBC Sunday night: 18.9 million (-15%)

The only game that really had good ratings higher was the Brady Brees matchup.   The NFL overall lost substantial viewership this last weekend.  And the Sun/Mon night and the prev. Thurs night games were all way down.  Its a combo of several things but the results are quite clear.  

19 hours ago, RSF said:

Yes, the results are clear.

Just not in the way you think.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/09/18/nfl-2020-ratings-fox-sports

Its exactly the way I think it is.  The Thurs, Sun and Mon night games were all down double digits from last year.  Those are the prime time games that have more mass appeal and people are tuning out.   

8 hours ago, pokerider said:

Its exactly the way I think it is.  The Thurs, Sun and Mon night games were all down double digits from last year.  Those are the prime time games that have more mass appeal and people are tuning out.   

Oh, you’re making such a difference. What a crusader you are. NFL is shaking. 

If you stopped watching because your talk radio overlords told you to, you were never a fan to begin with. Football remains awesome and will he just fine without you.

Keep sports and politics separate. Sports is supposed to be a distraction. Sports should be a unifier. You root together as fans and don't care what each other's political opinions are. That's a good thing. It unifies a community. But when everyone has to sound off on politics it becomes divisive. And yes BLM is divisive. Not everyone is a fan of the Marxist revolution. Surprise surprise.

1 hour ago, Blue voodoo said:

NFL should be shaking there product and stance is troubling.

NFL and NBA  just took out the trash. Good luck with your new activities on Sunday. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

NFL and NBA  just took out the trash. Good luck with your new activities on Sunday. 

Lol. Most of America doesn’t watch football. There are a lot other fun things to do. My life doesn’t revolve around football.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. Most of America doesn’t watch football. There are a lot other fun things to do. My life doesn’t revolve around football.

Good for you , Champ.  Air five! 

so far I've watched live: Arkansas State @ Memphis, Arkansas State @ Kansas State, UL-L @ Iowa State, Tulsa @ OK State, UCF @ GTech, and Miami @ Louisville...only 'stinker' was BYU @ Navy. I fell asleep by halftime lol

but mostly they were damn good games and I've enjoyed them.

only NFL game I've seen was Tit's vs Denver so I could root for Memphis grad Stephen Gostowski and he kicked the game winner :-)

After being drubbed by BYU (55-3) the previous week, Navy was down @ Tulane by 24 points with 7:31 to go in the third quarter. Then they woke up!

The NFL doesn't care whether you fascists watch or not.  Plenty of people watch.  They'll be just fine.  Somehow I'm not surprised that the people who don't understand what the kneeling is all about have to come out and state that they don't watch.   You enjoy your Sundays at Costco, Walmart, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  

32 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

The NFL doesn't care whether you fascists watch or not.  Plenty of people watch.  They'll be just fine.  Somehow I'm not surprised that the people who don't understand what the kneeling is all about have to come out and state that they don't watch.   You enjoy your Sundays at Costco, Walmart, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  

They'll be more than just fine. Very similar to when Nike ran their Kap ads and a huge group of Sketcher wearing males "boycotted". A little dip in the stock price, but check out the Nike stock today...all time highs.