Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slappy

Didnt watch a single snap

I haven't watch any NFL thus far either.  I used to be a much more avid nfl watcher.   I do watch some Josh Allen highlights when I can.   

I was going to watch the Broncos on Monday night but decided not to when about half the team decided to kneel there.  

Oh and the NFL TV ratings for the first weekend were down double digits from last year.  So its more than just a few people turning them off.

15 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Oh and the NFL TV ratings for the first weekend were down double digits from last year.  So its more than just a few people turning them off.

The ratings were up and down.   And it blows everything else on TV out of the water.  So the only competition the NFL has is itself.

624RP2N0_bigger.jpeg

Week 1 NFL:
CBS singleheader: 13.6 million (-12%)
Fox regional: 13.5 million (+7%)
Fox national window: 25.8 million (+8%)
NBC Sunday night: 18.9 million (-15%)

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

The ratings were up and down.   And it blows everything else on TV out of the water.  So the only competition the NFL has is itself.

624RP2N0_bigger.jpeg

Week 1 NFL:
CBS singleheader: 13.6 million (-12%)
Fox regional: 13.5 million (+7%)
Fox national window: 25.8 million (+8%)
NBC Sunday night: 18.9 million (-15%)

The only game that really had good ratings higher was the Brady Brees matchup.   The NFL overall lost substantial viewership this last weekend.  And the Sun/Mon night and the prev. Thurs night games were all way down.  Its a combo of several things but the results are quite clear.  

19 hours ago, RSF said:

Yes, the results are clear.

Just not in the way you think.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/09/18/nfl-2020-ratings-fox-sports

Its exactly the way I think it is.  The Thurs, Sun and Mon night games were all down double digits from last year.  Those are the prime time games that have more mass appeal and people are tuning out.   

8 hours ago, pokerider said:

Its exactly the way I think it is.  The Thurs, Sun and Mon night games were all down double digits from last year.  Those are the prime time games that have more mass appeal and people are tuning out.   

Oh, you’re making such a difference. What a crusader you are. NFL is shaking. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Keep sports and politics separate. Sports is supposed to be a distraction. Sports should be a unifier. You root together as fans and don't care what each other's political opinions are. That's a good thing. It unifies a community. But when everyone has to sound off on politics it becomes divisive. And yes BLM is divisive. Not everyone is a fan of the Marxist revolution. Surprise surprise.

so far I've watched live: Arkansas State @ Memphis, Arkansas State @ Kansas State, UL-L @ Iowa State, Tulsa @ OK State, UCF @ GTech, and Miami @ Louisville...only 'stinker' was BYU @ Navy. I fell asleep by halftime lol

but mostly they were damn good games and I've enjoyed them.

only NFL game I've seen was Tit's vs Denver so I could root for Memphis grad Stephen Gostowski and he kicked the game winner :-)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

After being drubbed by BYU (55-3) the previous week, Navy was down @ Tulane by 24 points with 7:31 to go in the third quarter. Then they woke up!

The NFL doesn't care whether you fascists watch or not.  Plenty of people watch.  They'll be just fine.  Somehow I'm not surprised that the people who don't understand what the kneeling is all about have to come out and state that they don't watch.   You enjoy your Sundays at Costco, Walmart, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  

32 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

The NFL doesn't care whether you fascists watch or not.  Plenty of people watch.  They'll be just fine.  Somehow I'm not surprised that the people who don't understand what the kneeling is all about have to come out and state that they don't watch.   You enjoy your Sundays at Costco, Walmart, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  

They'll be more than just fine. Very similar to when Nike ran their Kap ads and a huge group of Sketcher wearing males "boycotted". A little dip in the stock price, but check out the Nike stock today...all time highs. 

10 hours ago, Poster17 said:

You may not care whether there is a drop in attendance and viewing eyes, but the bean counters and management for the TV networks and teams closely follow the ratings from week to week and they definitely care. 

40 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You may not care whether there is a drop in attendance and viewing eyes, but the bean counters and management for the TV networks and teams closely follow the ratings from week to week and they definitely care. 

Fox is preparing to offer 2 billion a year - thats double the current deal - to reup their deal.  And Disney wants to get ABC back in the mix.

The bean counters and mgt are doing ok.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.