Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slappy

Didnt watch a single snap

1 hour ago, slappy said:

Kind of weird.  But kind of refreshjng too.  Anyone else go cold turkey?

Haven't watched a snap of NFL yet. Probably won't until closer to the playoffs. Pretty much just watch the pro's (NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB) closer to the playoffs/playoffs. 

Didn't watch a single snap of college football week one. Saw about 4 snaps week 2 (last few plays of Arky State at Kansas State). Unless the MW plays it is just gonna be a few snaps here and there. I seriously doubt I will watch a full game. And for perspective during a normal year I probably average watching at least 20 hours of college football a week during the season. 

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Why? Or why not?

You had to have seen it. Big groups from both teams coming together after the game and taking a knee in prayer. I don't think they should be mixing religion with sports. Its too much already. You are paid to play...leave the praying in churches....

3 hours ago, slappy said:

Why?

Nice to get away from on the hyper progressive pc agenda sliding down your throat like a kielbasa?

New-Signature.jpg

I watched a lot. Watched the early games on Saturday. The Funbelt knocking off the Big 12 was great. Watched the Bills in the early game on Sunday and watched the 3 different games on redzone. Watched the first game last night off and on as I was taking care of the kid then watched the Broncos game after wards. It was great to feel some normalcy again. 

I'm seeing some fragile snowflakes in this thread. Oh No. The football men did a show of unity before the game and they have the name of someone or a little message in tiny writing on the back of their helmet. The Horror!!!

12 hours ago, slappy said:

10 hours ago, renoskier said:

Why? Or why not?

I should have expanded this. Are you not watching just because you've lost interest overall  because our teams aren't playing or because of the social justice messaging before the games?

46 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I watched a lot. Watched the early games on Saturday. The Funbelt knocking off the Big 12 was great. Watched the Bills in the early game on Sunday and watched the 3 different games on redzone. Watched the first game last night off and on as I was taking care of the kid then watched the Broncos game after wards. It was great to feel some normalcy again. 

I'm seeing some fragile snowflakes in this thread. Oh No. The football men did a show of unity before the game and they have the name of someone or a little message in tiny writing on the back of their helmet. The Horror!!!

I was wondering what was wrong with our helmets...  They looked blue or something...  Turrible..

...but seriously, I doubt Jerry allowed that shiz on the uniform this year..

New-Signature.jpg

40 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

College is weird without fans. The NFL is still awesome. The talent level is so high that I don’t even notice the empty stadiums. 

The NFL games were surprisingly good considering the lack of any spring training games.

IMO, this is a good thing because it will provide some baseline evidence in the negotiation between players and owners when it comes to increasing the number of games played.  

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

I should have expanded this. Are you not watching just because you've lost interest overall  because our teams aren't playing or because of the social justice messaging before the games?

Not wanting to watch all the drama.  Pretty tired of the 24/7 feed. Went from 3 tvs and the ticket for years to not watching week 1.  Hope everything works out for thise guys, just would rather spend my free time doing other stuff now.  

58 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Then who did?

The NFL approved of such helmet changes, Jerry signs off on EVERYTHING with the Cowboys.  Those phrases on the back of the Cowboys helmets have his approval (if not his agreement).  He publically agreed to some manner of protests last month.  'Open minded' was his exact wording. 

5f5ee5dc290e6.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Only 1 Cowboy -Dontari Poe - kneeled during the anthem, but several (including Zeke Elliott) talked about doing it, so dont be surprised if a few more join Poe in the coming weeks.  And Jones signed off on that, too.

“I thought our players showed respect to Poe’s decision,” Jones said on his radio show on 105.3 the Fan. “They did show a sensitivity to our fans as a team, but also asked in a very sensitive way to have the help [for social justice] we hope comes. I thought our team was very real and genuine in the way we approached it.”

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level