Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Video Gaming

5 hours ago, son of a gun said:

The Total War games are my favorite (and they are still putting out new ones). Ones like Rome Total War (and its expansions) and Medieval 2 Total War (and its expansions) also have a cheat code menu where you can do everything from adding money, to adding in elephants the size of a skyscraper (Rome Total War), or elephants with canons on their backs (Medieval 2). And nearly all of the Total War games have some pretty interesting mods out there.

An old favorite strategy game was Star Craft and Star Craft Brood War. Zerg Swarm for the win!

Total War: Attila and Rome 2: Total War are my favorites of the Total War series. I was a sophomore in high school when the first Rome was released and I spent hundreds of hours on that game. I remember playing as Egypt and I had an army making my way across the top of the map and I found the Amazon easter egg where you can take Thymiskara. I didn't know what it was at first and I got overwhelmed by chariots. If I can get an Empire remake that would be amazing!

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

17 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

If you like PC strategy games Crusader Kings 3 might be up your alley.

I'm excited that they released that on console. I hope they have mod support for the console edition(and I think I saw that they do) I will get it in a while aftera Game of thrones mod is released. I played around with CK2 GOT mod a little bit on my computer a couple years ago. It was a blast.

15 hours ago, son of a gun said:

The Total War games are my favorite (and they are still putting out new ones). Ones like Rome Total War (and its expansions) and Medieval 2 Total War (and its expansions) also have a cheat code menu where you can do everything from adding money, to adding in elephants the size of a skyscraper (Rome Total War), or elephants with canons on their backs (Medieval 2). And nearly all of the Total War games have some pretty interesting mods out there.

An old favorite strategy game was Star Craft and Star Craft Brood War. Zerg Swarm for the win!

I like Total War as well.  My brothers and I are currently playing Total War Warhammer II.  A good style of game if you are in different states.  We get on the phone while we wait for my one brother to finally hit the "End Turn" button.  My all time favorite is Europa Universalis IV.  Great for history buffs.  You can play virtually any country/principality/culture across the globe that was in existence around the year 1400.

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Did any body pre-order the New XBox yesterday?

I tried but couldn't get through on any website when pre-orders went live. Oh well. I can wait. I've never bought any system on day one but thought I would try this time. 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I figured I'd wait on both it and the PS5 for now. I was more interested in getting an RTX 3080, but Nvidia +++++ed that launch up so badly.

11 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

What did they do? Is it full of bugs? 

No. They didn't have any sort of bot prevention measures on their store, and the stock sold out in like 2 minutes because of it. Scalpers were buying upwards of 10-15 of them, and then immediately putting them on eBay for 2-3x MSRP. 

So many good to great titles over the years. Witcher 3 and RDII really capped it off for me and doesn't get much better in terms of game experience. The Last of Us I and II were also phenomenal. The pinnacle of the gaming systems. 

This is the appropriate thread so;

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/21/915308028/microsoft-to-buy-bethesda-in-7-5-billion-deal-acquiring-fallout-the-elder-scroll

Yep. Microsoft bought Zenimax (owner of Bethesda) is now owned by Microsoft. Which includes titles like Doom, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout.

On 9/14/2020 at 11:00 PM, Naggsty Butler said:

I can only pick one? 

I'm a Dark Souls/Bloodborne nut. I have no idea how many hours I've put into those games. Absolutely love them. I play through all the games with new characters at least once a year. 

I second the Halo games, they were a huge inspiration to me in my life, one of the things that led me to becoming an engineer.

With the right friends, GTA online is the most ridiculous/hilarious thing I've done. My friends and I have a gang where we are wearing nothing but leapord print underwear and drive around on mopeds with off pitch horns, looking for people who we can mess with. We will find people and then drive around in circles and see how they react. I've had times where I was laughing so hard I passed out. 

I've been dumping hours and hours into Stellaris currently. I was a huge Masters of Orion fan growing up and this game does all the things I wished I could have done with MOO. Highly recommend for RTS fans.

My gang and I are playing Sea of Thieves right now, and it's fun. A little slow for my taste but I like the concept.

Don't hate, but I just barely picked up Dark Souls 3. I don't know why it took me so long. It's brutally challenging and I'm learning new shit everytime I play it.

Besides that: Witcher 3, The Last Of Us, and God of War are standouts. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, And? said:

So many good to great titles over the years. Witcher 3 and RDII really capped it off for me and doesn't get much better in terms of game experience. The Last of Us I and II were also phenomenal. The pinnacle of the gaming systems. 

This. Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time. Last of Us series a close second. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, son of a gun said:

This is the appropriate thread so;

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/21/915308028/microsoft-to-buy-bethesda-in-7-5-billion-deal-acquiring-fallout-the-elder-scroll

Yep. Microsoft bought Zenimax (owner of Bethesda) is now owned by Microsoft. Which includes titles like Doom, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout.

Bethesda isn't going to know what to do when they're told to deliver a completed game rather than one so riddled with bugs that it's unplayable.

7 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Don't hate, but I just barely picked up Dark Souls 3. I don't know why it took me so long. It's brutally challenging and I'm learning new shit everytime I play it.

Besides that: Witcher 3, The Last Of Us, and God of War are standouts. 

Hey, I started with Dark Souls 2, and that was only after I had actively avoided it for so long until the memes about the game got too funny for me to keep avoiding it. One I started, I was completely obsessed with it.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

16 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Managed to but it was kind of a pain. I knew bots would be all over it so I lined up at Gamestop a couple hours early.  I did manage to get my dad one on Amazon later too.

I lucked into a PS5 during that panic too