Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Joe Rogan proposed to moderate a 4 Hour debate between Biden and Trump

5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

When I am the unquestioned benevolent dictator, my literocracy will be propped up through campaigns of terror against the editorial class. When you're in Guantanamo Bay, I will have them play tapes of my old interviews on a loud speaker. Imagine your worst nightmares of me treating words like a drunken sailor treats a per diem ... and you're only at the beginning. 

While I do not look forward to this awful fate, it’d still be better than watching Trump turn a question about the nuclear nonproliferation treaty into a brag about dick size. 

Joe Rogan is sooo overrated. His mind is too open and he's really not that smart.  He relates everything to weed and MMA and he's boring, although his format and demeanor does allow his guests to be informative and interesting. 

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Joe Rogan is sooo overrated. His mind is too open and he's really not that smart.  He relates everything to weed and MMA and he's boring, although his format and demeanor does allow his guests to be informative and interesting. 

Would you trade him out for either candidate?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Guest #1Stunner

Left wing media attacking Joe Rogan:

Bro culture is all about resisting a level playing field

Jennifer Stavros
California
1 hour ago

Tim Kennedy, Joe Rogan, and Trump share one very similar dark sentiment: they all happily and unapologetically embrace bro culture proclivities. Last year, Fox News interviewed Kennedy about toxic masculinity in America. Kennedy was defensive about it, even going so far as to suggest that masculinity itself is being “demonized”. Rogan echoed those sentiments on his show last year when confronted with discussion about toxic masculinity, calling it a “dumb phrase.” During the 2016 election cycle, President Trump defended his toxic comments then as simply “locker talk.” Four years later in this next election cycle, everyone watching can see that nothing has changed on the matter. If anything, it seems to just continue to pour in without care or accountability for those it reaches.

I regularly listen to JRE. While independent, I notice Rogan will go out of his way to make mention of Clinton's ties to Epstein but that he never - and I mean never - mentions Trump's (equally well-established) ties to him. I also notice that he'll clown Biden for the being old schtick but he never mentions the never ending cascade of mini-strokes, gaffes, and miscellaneous terminological dipshititude that incessantly spills out of Trump's big ah-brain.

Thus, while I like Joe Rogan and think he would be a good moderator by many measures, the latent concern about potential bias (as perceived by me, IMO) would probably keep me from accepting if I were Biden.

Anyway, they already got three debates on the sked - whoTF wants to see more?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I regularly listen to JRE. While independent, I notice Rogan will go out of his way to make mention of Clinton's ties to Epstein but that he never - and I mean never - mentions Trump's (equally well-established) ties to him. I also notice that he'll clown Biden for the being old schtick but he never mentions the never ending cascade of mini-strokes, gaffes, and miscellaneous terminological dipshititude that incessantly spills out of Trump's big ah-brain.

Thus, while I like Joe Rogan and think he would be a good moderator by many measures, the latent concern about potential bias (as perceived by me, IMO) would probably keep me from accepting if I were Biden.

Anyway, they already got three debates on the sked - whoTF wants to see more?

The first 3 debates are going to be garbage as usual, with pre-canned one liners, and zingers.

I'd find the format of a 4 hour sitdown debate discussing topics in more depth to be more informative. 

That said, debates are almost always garbage anyway.  But this year they are going to have huge importance because everyone will be watching to see whether or not Joe Biden really has dementia or not.  The debates are a test for Joe Biden.  He has everything to lose and nothing to gain. 

24 minutes ago, toonkee said:

This is about where I'm at. I dont think he's the boogeyman some on the left make him out to be. He just reminds me of a lot of the kinds of meat heads I hung out with in college... open minded, generally good dudes with a more gentle soul than most of the hillbilly meatheads I was around in high school. But at the end of the day, still meatheads who think they know kore than they do because people rarely tell them to stfu.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

This is about where I'm at. I dont think he's the boogeyman some on the left make him out to be. He just reminds me of a lot of the kinds of meat heads I hung out with in college... open minded, generally good dudes with a more gentle soul than most of the hillbilly meatheads I was around in high school. But at the end of the day, still meatheads who think they know kore than they do because people rarely tell them to stfu.

A lot of times it isn't the smartest people that have the most influence on society (look at Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and @AndroidAggie as exhibit A).

Rogan is probably a meathead (the tats, being overly fond of weed, etc), but the guy has achieved a lot, so he is one of the biggest influencers in our modern culture.   Plus, he seems to have the respect of a lot of smart people that go on his show. 

51 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

A lot of times it isn't the smartest people that have the most influence on society (look at Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and @AndroidAggie as exhibit A).

Rogan is probably a meathead (the tats, being overly fond of weed, etc), but the guy has achieved a lot, so he is one of the biggest influencers in our modern culture.   Plus, he seems to have the respect of a lot of smart people that go on his show. 

i laughed but i'm also confused at whether or not i've been teased or complimented

There’s no way Rogan could control Trump for 1 hour let alone 4, Biden would simply walk out. 

This was however a great line from Rogan on Biden...

"Biden, to me, is like having a flashlight with a dying battery and going for a long hike in the woods," Rogan told his guest, journalist Matt Taibbi, who chuckled at the comparison. "It is not going to work out. It's not going to make it."

40 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

Joe Rogan debate questions

Have you ever tried dmt?

How much elk meat do you eat?

Aliens, bro.

P.s. I stole this

K, but I honestly want to know the answers to all of those.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The first 3 debates are going to be garbage as usual, with pre-canned one liners, and zingers.

I'd find the format of a 4 hour sitdown debate discussing topics in more depth to be more informative. 

That said, debates are almost always garbage anyway.  But this year they are going to have huge importance because everyone will be watching to see whether or not Joe Biden really has dementia or not.  The debates are a test for Joe Biden.  He has everything to lose and nothing to gain. 

The jury is already in on Trump. :ph34r:

He's far more cerebrally "present" than Trump as evidenced every time either of them opens their mouth. 

We've had not one, not two, not three, but four palliative care providers (two doctors and two nurses) who work primarily with dementia patients all volunteer their professional assessment that Trump was early-middle stage.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg