Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THEUniversityofNevada

Trumpism has no future in the United States of America

6 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Will the problem take care of itself?  Again I will ask do you think the rise of an authoritarian leader is possible or are you convinced our constitutional/institutional structures are necessary and sufficient to prevent the rise of any authoritarian leader?

I believe our Republic has survived because our leaders have respected the Constitution and rules. This guy doesn't. It's been clear fr om the get-go he does not respect the rules and is in this for himself.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

I believe our Republic has survived because our leaders have respected the Constitution and rules. This guy doesn't. It's been clear fr om the get-go he does not respect the rules and is in this for himself.

You know the far right bitched about Obama for the EXACT SAME REASONS for 8 years  I think our republic will be fine no matter the outcome. 

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You are tiresome. Of course the constitutional structures allow for an authoritarian leader, it’s called amending the constitution to allow for that form of government. That hasn’t happened, and is nowhere near happening. The man in the White House you fear so much can’t even clear a part of the national mall of vandals and petty arsonists without the backlash scaring him. Nor is he the one calling to change the structure of government to serve his needs. Worry about those people. Hell, worry about your own governor if you are frightened about what an authoritarian government is like, he’s had a lot more to do with your life this year than anyone in Washington.

The structures are fine. It’s the dipshits running around screaming this will be the end so we must change everything to get what we want, that are the problem. There are a lot more of them than the orange idiot.

It's for reasons like this that Trumpism is a threat to the norms of our Republic. A Trump Reelection will doubtless lead to governance driven by conspiracy theories as opposed to fact and a viable public policy.

Trump Health Aide Pushes Bizarre Conspiracies and Warns of Armed Revolt

Michael R. Caputo told a Facebook audience without evidence that left-wing hit squads were being trained for insurrection and accused C.D.C. scientists of “sedition.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/14/us/politics/caputo-virus.html

Americans Mayor

7 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

Fuk biden commie piece of shit pedophile  joe has done nothing in his 47 yrs in politics. 

mr. mackey school GIF by South Park

Americans Mayor

18 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

It's for reasons like this that Trumpism is a threat to the norms of our Republic. A Trump Reelection will doubtless lead to governance driven by conspiracy theories as opposed to fact and a viable public policy.

Michael R. Caputo told a Facebook audience without evidence that left-wing hit squads were being trained for insurrection and accused C.D.C. scientists of “sedition.”

What is “Trumpism?” 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

16 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Does the MWCBoard allow open carry?

Yes.  Only request is for any shooting to take place outside the Best Buy store.

The problem is not that Trump or anyone else would alter the laws or the constitution to make fascism or despotism legal, it's that he can do whatever he wants as long as the populace and the other branches of government revere him more than the institutions. 

3 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Ahh yes.  You mean the guy who's had the left, the media, trying everything to take him down.  For no other reason than they don't like him.

Russia collusion, obstruction of justice, Ukraine, nothing has stuck to him.  So - what's next?

14 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Conservatism, absolutely - Trumpism, no.

That's not to say that Trump has no hope of winning in November, quite to the contrary, I think his odds are better than 50/50. But if you are a die hard follower of Trump, his "style" of governance, and his twisted form of right wing populism, in the coming years you are going to either find yourself politically isolated, embittered, and frustrated - or you'll be happy but you'll be living in a country that is no longer The United States of America as we have known it over the last 244 years. The guardrails of our Constitutional Republic won't save us from what's coming.

I know! I know! "Just more partisan hyper ventilating from a 'leftist'." But these are the words I'm hearing come from the mouths of life-long conservatives, both ones I know personally, and ones who have worked in Trump's administration. 

So, vote like the future of the Republic is at stake this November, because it really is.

You need to cut back on your MSLSD consumption because they feel exactly the same way and even worse. Don’t forget get Maddow’s contribution to what Trumpism is, that’s being a Russian agent, an employee of Putin. LOL, She can’t really believe that shit.

I don’t know ANY Trump supporters, and I know a lot of them, that aren’t disappointed in Trump’s character issues, his tweets, his casual looseness with facts, etc. etc. etc. When Trump is gone, the primary candidates aren’t going to try to look or sound like him. The smart ones will look at the positive traits that made Trump so popular to folks in the Midwest, for example, & learn from them. You can’t teach charm gravitas and the gift of connecting with people. People try to fake it, and you can see through it. That’s what makes a guy like Trump so rare. Reagan had a similar way of connectIng. Clinton had his way, as well. 

My positive takeaways of him: Fight the good fight on out of control PC. Don’t be afraid to take on the left/press and stick with it if it’s important, acknowledge that the US isn’t perfect and has made mistakes in its past, but it’s still the best country in the world to us, don’t let the left re-define our traditional definition of Nationalism (= Patriotism) to being how it was used by fascists on the far far right, not be afraid to fix a huge problem that no one will touch because it’s too politically risky (holding China accountable even with a trade war), etc. I’ll have to make a list the good and the bad. 

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

It was hilarious to watch people troll him on Twitter over the weekend for that absolute bullshit. 

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You need to cut back on your MSLSD consumption because they feel exactly the same way and even worse. Don’t forget get Maddow’s contribution to what Trumpism is, that’s being a Russian agent, an employee of Putin. LOL, She can’t really believe that shit.

I don’t know ANY Trump supporters, and I know a lot of them, that aren’t disappointed in Trump’s character issues, his tweets, his casual looseness with facts, etc. etc. etc. When Trump is gone, the primary candidates aren’t going to try to look or sound like him. The smart ones will look at the positive traits that made Trump so popular to folks in the Midwest, for example, & learn from them. You can’t teach charm gravitas and the gift of connecting with people. People try to fake it, and you can see through it. That’s what makes a guy like Trump so rare. Reagan had a similar way of connectIng. Clinton had his way, as well. 

My positive takeaways of him: Fight the good fight on out of control PC. Don’t be afraid to take on the left/press and stick with it if it’s important, acknowledge that the US isn’t perfect and has made mistakes in its past, but it’s still the best country in the world to us, don’t let the left re-define our traditional definition of Nationalism (= Patriotism) to being how it was used by fascists on the far far right, not be afraid to fix a huge problem that no one will touch because it’s too politically risky (holding China accountable even with a trade war), etc. I’ll have to make a list the good and the bad. 

Aside from the first paragraph, which is a completely inaccurate description of my news sources, that was a thoughtful and rational take. Thank you. 

All of the things that I’m saying, are being said by lifelong conservatives who also believe that PC and Cancel Culture have gone too far (as do I), that the US has made mistakes in the past (as do I), that our politicians are far more interested in getting re-elected than solving tough problems (as do I).

13 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Ahh yes.  You mean the guy who's had the left, the media, trying everything to take him down.  For no other reason than they don't like him.

Russia collusion, obstruction of justice, Ukraine, nothing has stuck to him.  So - what's next?

Without doubt the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Probably by a power of ten.

8 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Without doubt the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Probably by a power of ten.

Lol. It’s the primary driving force especially for you. You hate him as a person (POS) which you have repeated time and time again. You even admit it from time to time. To say that doesn’t play a huge factor in your view of his policies is disengenuous.