Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phxpoke

Come on MWC!

6 minutes ago, phxpoke said:

Let's do it.

Screenshot_20200913-115914.png

It won’t happen.  The California schools won’t be allowed to play. I mean maybe we could go without them but I doubt that happens. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

12 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It won’t happen.  The California schools won’t be allowed to play. I mean maybe we could go without them but I doubt that happens. 

And didn’t the New Mexico gov say no to football?  It’s sad watch football die in the West. 

17 minutes ago, mugtang said:

UNM and CSU are probably out as well.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Wyo, AFA, USU, BYU, CSU?  Whoever ESPN chooses for us?

Fox Sports

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, azinco said:

And didn’t the New Mexico gov say no to football?  It’s sad watch football die in the West. 

She “recommended” not playing, but also said she didn't have say so if The MWC decided to play. But its her original 14 quarantine that was a show stopper, but shes since softened that to allow some travelers here, if they come from non hot spot states.

UNM can play if we decide to go, we’d just have to have more road games than at home. Allowing enough time between a road and home game to allow for quarantine if needed. Covid numbers are steadily trending down here.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

There are rumors on Boise’s board of a ramp up in testing capabilities and logistics to play a few games this fall.

"A few games" would be nuts.  You can have eight in the spring (yeah, I know that spring is not a done deal).  If you go with a 3-4 game season in the fall, you're done.  Not eligible for spring.  I think we could all play right now, BUT the way things are being written we all lose if we try.

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

California schools are far too progressive to allow any risk to their student athletes without a five year plan to offset health costs and also solve racial inequity.

Isn't that what the Pac 12 (and then the MW) players were demanding? Among other things, they wanted a 5 year health care plan, (MW) and the Pac 12 wanted 50% of the proceeds of the football $$$. I would be surprised if either league plays this year at all.

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

"A few games" would be nuts.  You can have eight in the spring (yeah, I know that spring is not a done deal).  If you go with a 3-4 game season in the fall, you're done.  Not eligible for spring.  I think we could all play right now, BUT the way things are being written we all lose if we try.

So Air Force isn't eligible for the spring? It sure seems like each scool can practically do whatever it wants to right now.

4 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

So Air Force isn't eligible for the spring? It sure seems like each scool can practically do whatever it wants to right now.

Maybe I read too much into this, but it sounds like you either get to pick spring or fall.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/football-oversight-committee-reveals-recommendations-for-pac-12-spring-season/

AFA got a waiver to compete for the CIC trophy.  I'm not sure how that works.

The pac 12 could be closer than we think to restarting. 

http://bayareane.ws/2FtruwD

Is the MW looking at these tests as well? I haven't heard anything... If we can get these then we should be starting back up as soon as Cali gives us the go ahead and if these tests are better than the nfl procedures there isn't a reason for them to deny it. They already gave waivers to the NFL teams. 

19 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

There are rumors on Boise’s board of a ramp up in testing capabilities and logistics to play a few games this fall.

Nevada is quietly optimistic that basketball will start on time with saliva testing now seemingly viable. But I haven't heard anything about ramping up football until the spring.