Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Voter ID, Suppression & Racism

18 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

One of the dumber talking points from the left. There’s simply no basis in it.  But hey, it’s another reason to cry wolf, I mean racism.

And so many just believe and preach it. I’ve always said to them if you want the black vote and what you say is true about so many of them being helpless, find out who these people are, help them get their ID’s, help them get clean off any illegal substances so they can get a job. That way, they’ll vote with their ID and vote for you for helping them. But that’s too much work for the left, especially when they think they automatically have their vote. 

I also say this: You Dems talk about how important it is to vote, almost like it’s the most important thing you’ll ever do. So you would assume they’d have enormous respect for the voting process keeping it safe and legitimate, kind of like respecting the office of the presidency. You can go to the library to check out a $5 book, but you have to show them a state ID like a drivers license. So they obviously don’t have respect for the voting process and are willing to dumb it down below a $5 book just to hope they can get a lot more votes that way. When Americans start to lose faith in election results due to fraud, they don’t respect the person who became president. That’s when our country would start falling apart. The people that run the Dem Party aren’t concerned about that and proceed with trying to abuse the system to get as many votes as they can.

kat.jpg

Let's watch an obviously selectively edited video from Fox News and ignore the mass of court cases/decisions outlining voter suppression, guys. 

People are stupid beyond belief.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

6 minutes ago, PackNation said:

Lol. 

3 of the replies (so far) are yours. Guessing at least half of the views are yours as well. 

😴😴😴😴😴😴  ⏰

Thank God for the alarm clock. You need to figure out a way to get your ‘boring’ into pill form because you’d make millions. A lot of people could certainly use another tool to fight their insomnia, and yours would be it. 🤪🤪🤪🤪👍

kat.jpg

41 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Let's watch an obviously selectively edited video from Fox News and ignore the mass of court cases/decisions outlining voter suppression, guys. 

The American voter is stupid beyond belief.

When the lefty’s have no answer to the video, they often quickly try to change the subject into a direction where they have a little ammo.

We’re specifically talking about the voter suppression myth that the left pushes regarding many blacks not being able to provide a simple state photo ID. The blacks in the Bronx that were interviewed said that they didn’t know of anyone that doesn’t have one. So that’s a rather decent number of people for a sample. They also concurred that you have to carry an ID just to get around a big city like NY. Your excuse that the video is edited is baseless. As they said, you can’t get around NYC without a photo ID. So there will be very, very few people that don’t have an ID. Nice try. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, youngredbullfan said:

Ridiculing the messenger indicates you have nothing. You are the one who is stupid beyond belief.  Editing doesn't necessarily mean misrepresentation.  Your view is repugnant, that inferior people are incapable of taking responsibility for their own lives. You need ID to do many adult activities. The court cases are all about eliminating the ID requirement and liberal condescending judges are more than willing to push this scam on our democracy.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

National Bureau of Economic Research

U.S. states increasingly require identification to vote – an ostensive attempt to deter fraud that prompts complaints of selective disenfranchisement. Using a difference-in-differences design on a 1.6-billion-observations panel dataset, 2008–2018, we find that the laws have no negative effect on registration or turnout, overall or for any group defined by race, gender, age, or party affiliation. These results hold through a large number of specifications and cannot be attributed to voters’ reaction against the laws, measured by campaign contributions and self-reported political engagement. However, the likelihood that non-white voters were contacted by a campaign increases by 5.4 percentage points, suggesting that parties’ mobilization might have offset modest effects of the laws on the participation of ethnic minorities. Finally, strict ID requirements have no effect on fraud – actual or perceived. Overall, our findings suggest that efforts to improve elections may be better directed at other reforms.

This study shows that voter ID laws don't stop poor voters from voting and doesn't have any significance reducing fraud.  So, both sides are once again throwing money away for nothing.

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

This study shows that voter ID laws don't stop poor voters from voting and doesn't have any significance reducing fraud.  So, both sides are once again throwing money away for nothing.

I’m not a believer in substantive voter fraud - certainly not on a scale to have any material impact on elections.  That’s the right’s equivalent to the left’s talking point around voter suppression and racism by requiring ID.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

I am a proponent of voter ID.

I am not a proponent of closing voting locales in minority districts or poll taxes, or this bs about a typo on your DL or voter reg disqualifying you.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

Are you suggesting that there is a sizable percentage of the black people really don't have state issued identification and that the video above is misleading?

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Voter ID laws are mostly a solution in search of a problem. And people’s overreaction to it, one way or the other, is mostly driven by fear of the opposition party.

You know a great workaround? Universal mail-in balloting!

56 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Are you suggesting that there is a sizable percentage of the black people really don't have state issued identification and that the video above is misleading?

No, I’m suggesting that voter suppression is provably true. 

The video above is misleading in that it is edited to give an impression about a large group of people by finding, editing, and proctoring certain responses to cast them a certain way. Same as videos “interviewing” the dumbest tea partiers and Trump voters. Engage ideologies on their merits, not stupid propaganda videos. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

20 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

The video above is misleading in that it is edited to give an impression about a large group of people by finding, editing, and proctoring certain responses to cast them a certain way. Same as videos “interviewing” the dumbest tea partiers and Trump voters. Engage ideologies on their merits, not stupid propaganda videos. 

So you think there is a large group of people without ID who don't know how to get an ID, find the DMV, have access to the internet, and know how to use the internet? If one potential fraudulent vote is detected, isn't it worth it?

110926run_defense710.jpg

35 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

So you think there is a large group of people without ID who don't know how to get an ID, find the DMV, have access to the internet, and know how to use the internet? If one potential fraudulent vote is detected, isn't it worth it?

Depending upon the cost, no, it's not worth it.

That's like saying "is it worth it to completely eliminate welfare fraud"?

btw, the answer to that question is no also.

1 hour ago, youngredbullfan said:

How is voter suppression true?  Who are all these folks wanting to vote that simply can’t? 

v0icAvfW.jpg