Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Life wing environmentalists destroying California’s forest

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Antifa been rioting for 100+ days straight now. Setting buildings on fire, throwing molotvs, chanting "Death to America" and "Burn it all down"

Dozens of human-instigated wild-fires spring up throughout California, Oregon, Washington along main highway routes and feeder roads from riot locations.

Citizen, fire chief, and police reports of black-clad figures setting fires in rural properties with incendiary devices......Who could it be?  The extremist organization setting gasoline on small businesses, courthouses, police cars, etc with molotovs couldn't possibly connected with the string of arsons all over Cali and the pacific northwest? No way! Not enough proof yet. Dangerous rumors. 

yeah @NVGiant -- Nothing to see here! f*cking moron. 

Get back to me when you know what state Clackamas County is in genius.

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, azgreg said:

We need to start implementing sustainable grazing in these Forests.  

This is a more feasible solution than demanding the radical Green New Deal right now.  Plus, CSU fans would be thrilled. 

@NVGiant That WILD BLACKBERRIES UDERGROWTH  is killing the State of Oregon. 

13 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

O, wow, I’m totally surprised you jumped at the opportunity to blame antifa for the wildfires. Like, really shocking stuff, didn’t see that coming. 

Antifa in the great outdoors dressed like fire fighters struck me as funny. Other than that no one has shown proof yet that Antifa started fires other than in Portland and other cities. 

15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Antifa in the great outdoors dressed like fire fighters struck me as funny. Other than that no one has shown proof yet that Antifa started fires other than in Portland and other cities. 

O I know there’s been no proof. If there was you, bob, or voodoo would have started a thread about it already. 

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The biggest question I have is why terrorists haven’t recruited a few hundred people to simultaneously light the west on Fire on a red flag warning day. 

kat.jpg

ProPublica: They Know How to Prevent Megafires. Why Won’t Anybody Listen?.
https://www.propublica.org/article/they-know-how-to-prevent-megafires-why-wont-anybody-listen#992135

Very good article on forest management re: fire in california. 

I'd be Interested in thoughts from @halfmanhalfbronco . But everyone else who is saying forest management is the thing we need to do should read it so they at least sort of know what they're talking about. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

16 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

https://www.propublica.org/article/they-know-how-to-prevent-megafires-why-wont-anybody-listen#992135

I'd be Interested in thoughts from @halfmanhalfbronco . But everyone else who is saying forest management is the thing we need to do should read it so they at least sort of know what they're talking about. 

This assumes they want to know. 

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The biggest question I have is why terrorists haven’t recruited a few hundred people to simultaneously light the west on Fire on a red flag warning day. 

Do you mean actual terrorists?  My guess is they get more publicity off what they do to people in the cities than a fire in the hills.  

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The Japanese had this plan in WW2.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

The Japanese had this plan in WW2.

The Japanese were morons and tried it in the Northwest during the wet winter storm season. They floated 9,000 balloon bombs into the jet stream, but only a few hundred caused any disturbance. They also tried a couple of sea plane drops and they didn't work. You need to do it on vulnerable days such as the red flag warning days. 

https://sos.oregon.gov/archives/exhibits/ww2/Pages/threats-bombs.aspx#:~:text=9%2C 1942 Japanese pilot Nobuo,resources from fighting the war.

threats-balloon.jpg

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

There's 5 times the fuel in CA forests than there was 100 years ago. Climate change isn't why the fires are so big and out of control. It might have a slight impact with temperature, but not much else. Other forests that are managed right don't have these probelms. 

kat.jpg