Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Life wing environmentalists destroying California’s forest

11 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The L.A. Times has covered the brush fire issue extensively for the last several years and to my knowledge and recollection, I've read each one of those articles. Conversely, the author of the linked article appears to have drawn from one L.A. Times article and a discussion with Tom McClintock.

Edit: Here, read for yourself about clearcutting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clearcutting

I'm no expert but the person who wrote that article sure as hell isn't either.

You just admitted that you learned the brush fire issue from the left wing LA Times. There’s no such thing as objective journalism anymore. The best thing you can do is hear what the left thinks about an issues and then listen to the right and the truth is probably somewhere near the middle. But I don’t see you hearing the other side. You would hope on some issues there wouldn’t be any difference. 

The reason I like the current programming at Fox News is because on a lot of shows they’ll cover an issue and on the left side of the screen is a Dem, and the right a GOP, and then the show host in the middle. Granted the show host usually leans right, they give equal time on both sides. And we’re talking legit Dems at mid to high levels in the party. Even Pelosi comes on Fox now. And then you have people like Cavuto that basically does a never-Trumper show having usually well known GOP that are voting for Biden this time.

But on CNN and MSLSD, it’s a left wing anti-Trump monologue. The only GOP they ever use are never-Trumpers that bash Trump. The Fox programming is so much more interesting because you get both sides and know you’re not just getting one sided propaganda like the others are. 

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, NVGiant said:

One fire in Southern Oregon was started by an arsonist. That fire joined the larger fire already burning down there. Looks like he was on meth and was arrested today: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/09/man-arrested-charged-with-arson-in-connection-with-southern-oregon-fire.html%3foutputType=amp

Thank you. I wasn't gonna sift through his bullshit links. I know that the Q ED or whatever it's called conspiracy theory is that antifa is starting these fires. From what I understand local law enforcement is having to say over and over that this is not the case because they're getting inundated with 911 calls and tip lines from folks like a few on this board. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You just admitted that you learned the brush fire issue from the left wing LA Times. There’s no such thing as objective journalism anymore. The best thing you can do is hear what the left thinks about an issues and then listen to the right and the truth is probably somewhere near the middle. But I don’t see you hearing the other side. You would hope on some issues there wouldn’t be any difference. 

The reason I like the current programming at Fox News is because on a lot of shows they’ll cover an issue and on the left side of the screen is a Dem, and the right a GOP, and then the show host in the middle. Granted the show host usually leans right, they give equal time on both sides. And we’re talking legit Dems at mid to high levels in the party. Even Pelosi comes on Fox now. And then you have people like Cavuto that basically does a never-Trumper show having usually well known GOP that are voting for Biden this time.

But on CNN and MSLSD, it’s a left wing anti-Trump monologue. The only GOP they ever use are never-Trumpers that bash Trump. The Fox programming is so much more interesting because you get both sides and know you’re not just getting one sided propaganda like the others are. 

Convert I don’t care if it’s a Dem or R.  I want a well researched global study that has been peer reviewed and is statistically significant in its conclusions around causes.   

The Fox programming is hardly unbiased. The “left wing” speakers typically can’t argue their way out of a paper bag and represent the Washington Generals in the Fox side show.   Half the posters on this board would provide a more intelligent counterpoint than what you get on Fox.  

15 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Thank you. I wasn't gonna sift through his bullshit links. I know that the Q ED or whatever it's called conspiracy theory is that antifa is starting these fires. From what I understand local law enforcement is having to say over and over that this is not the case because they're getting inundated with 911 calls and tip lines from folks like a few on this board. 

Definitely. The rumor has taken on a life of its own up here. Law enforcement officials in Oregon and Washington have been trying to tamp down the ridiculous rumors — which are based on literally zero evidence — for days and days. But you know how these things go anymore. 

Edit: I should have added, LE is also trying to ward off vigilante groups from burn areas because those rumors, and rumors of looting, are so pervasive in social media.

12 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Convert I don’t care if it’s a Dem or R.  I want a well researched global study that has been peer reviewed and is statistically significant in its conclusions around causes.   

The Fox programming is hardly unbiased. The “left wing” speakers typically can’t argue their way out of a paper bag and represent the Washington Generals in the Fox side show.   Half the posters on this board would provide a more intelligent counterpoint than what you get on Fox.  

You just don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. It’s always so interesting that a lot of times the most critical people of Fox News don’t even watch it, or haven’t seen it in a long time, and never spent much time there. They’ll watch Hannity and think the network is that way 24/7. 

The contributors are often prominent names. For example, Donna Brazile is a Fox News contributor and is on all the time. Last night they interviewed Oliver Stone about politics, Hollywood film biz bias and the ridiculous and impossible to meet new Oscar requirements. 

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

A bunch of bullshit links from local news stations covering fires in their area? Lol you're deluded. You asked for links and you got them. It's safe to say unless its Wapo or CNN you won't believe it.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

A bunch of bullshit links from local news stations covering fires in their area? Lol you're deluded. You asked for links and you got them. It's safe to say unless its Wapo or CNN you won't believe it.

I don't know which cases the FBI is referring to, but they have released statements that there are false reports about arsonists too.