Blue voodoo

Exciting Saturday in football

UTSA vs Texas State was a fun game.  ND and Duke was a one score game in 4th quarter.  It's not that games aren't entertaining.  It's just that mid majors out west aren't playing.  K State and Iowa State knocked off by Sun Belt.

Sun Belt goes 3-0 against The Big 12.

If we end up in a scenario where a perfect or 1 loss Big 12 teams makes the playoff over a perfect SBC team, That Sun Belt team is going to have a right to complain

That’s back to back wins for Coastal Carolina over Kansas. If I’m a MWC player I’m either very blue or pissed as hell to watch these many conferences in action.  What happens  today  if the B1G reverses course and decides to play? Would make the PAC and MWC look like losers and fools. 

34 minutes ago, Aztecfan1 said:

That’s back to back wins for Coastal Carolina over Kansas. If I’m a MWC player I’m either very blue or pissed as hell to watch these many conferences in action.  What happens  today  if the B1G reverses course and decides to play? Would make the PAC and MWC look like losers and fools. 

News Flash:  The PAC and MWC looked like fools long before Covid. 

• Like 1

Kick out: AFA (no market, no recruiting, constant problematic weather) UNM (ditto AFA's problems, with additional liabilites of "Flagship" entitlement culture, yet none of the advantages that come with it.)

Bring in: UTSA, Texas State. distance will be made up for with better travel and scheduling options.

• Facepalm 1
2 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Kick out: AFA (no market, no recruiting, constant problematic weather) UNM (ditto AFA's problems, with additional liabilites of "Flagship" entitlement culture, yet none of the advantages that come with it.)

Bring in: UTSA, Texas State. distance will be made up for with better travel and scheduling options.

Yes to kicking out UNM. 
Don’t agree that going into Texas and picking up the 12th & 13th best schools in the state brings anything.  Plus, that’s adding a time zone---besides they are both in conferences that are playing football they wouldn't want to join the MWC.

18 hours ago, alum93 said:

UTSA vs Texas State was a fun game.  ND and Duke was a one score game in 4th quarter.  It's not that games aren't entertaining.  It's just that mid majors out west aren't playing.  K State and Iowa State knocked off by Sun Belt.

With the MWC, B1G and PAC not playing about the only thing about this football season that held any interest for me was to see if and rooting for the Cyclones to win the Big XII.  It could still happen of course but looking much less likely.  Despite their recent success if history is any guide eventually the Cyclones are gonna Cyclone.  It's in their DNA.

2 hours ago, azinco said:

Yes to kicking out UNM. 
Don’t agree that going into Texas and picking up the 12th & 13th best schools in the state brings anything.  Plus, that’s adding a time zone---besides they are both in conferences that are playing football they wouldn't want to join the MWC.

Football isn’t the only sport in the MWC. 

3 hours ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Their not going to reverse course.  And the B1G won't do it without the P12 so they can have the Rose Bowl.   I think the only way it looks totally bad is if there is no spring season and/or there is another outbreak and they end up cancelling the entire spring season.

Did anyone see South Alabama's swanky new facilities last night?

It's a new stadium that seats 25K, with a scoreboard terrace real similar to what SJS's will look like, and then there's another building right next to it. It several floors, with an indoor practice facility on the top one, pretty damn sweet.

5 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

With the MWC, B1G and PAC not playing about the only thing about this football season that held any interest for me was to see if and rooting for the Cyclones to win the Big XII.  It could still happen of course but looking much less likely.  Despite their recent success if history is any guide eventually the Cyclones are gonna Cyclone.  It's in their DNA.

Its Oklahoma's conference.  I would have liked to see Iowa St.  compete for the title. 

The MWC needs to disassociate itself from the CA schools. It's ridiculous. Who knows what crazy shit that state will come up with next. Will next season be canceled because of influenza and their "one life lost is too many" mindset. They get crazier and crazier by the minute. Would it surprise anyone if they outlaw the sport of football altogether?

• Like 1
  • Idiot 1
  • Facepalm 1