Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ridgeview2

Louisiana Ragin Cajuns vs #23 Iowa State

2 hours ago, Broncos4Ever said:

Interesting how the P5 home field advantage evaporates with no fans.  I expect more upsets.

It’s  happening across a number of sports playing without fans. It’s definitely happening in the Euro soccer I’ve been watching and I’ve heard baseball commentators say the same though I’ve seen no stats. Makes sense. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Not a big upset like the Rajin Cajuns over the Cyclones, but UTSA just beat Texas State 51-48 in double OT. It was a very fast paced game and a lot of fun to watch. :thumbsup:

I’ve seen a lot of sloppy ball from what I’ve watched so far, but you can definitely attribute a lot of that to not having spring ball, limitations on fall practice (see Navy), first weekend jitters...

sloppy or not, I’m glad it’s back. My interest level was really low a few weeks ago, but after catching some of the games today it’s been elevated somewhat. That Arky St WR was fun to watch.

23 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

You’re lucky you got them wk 1

I agree BUT....we had our best player 'opt out' (Gainwell) the week of the game along with losing 3 defensive secondary starters to COVID contact tracing. so we weren't exactly at full power either.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The three P5 conferences playing this fall are the ACC, SEC, and Sunbelt.

Memphis beat Arkansas State...SMU beat Texas State...Tulane beat USA :-)

we're truly a top conference

mem skyline sig.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ibanez said:

The joke was about the Funbelt going 3-0 against the Big 12. You can't even be happy for them and let them have their day?

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas-state/board/105452/Contents/fun-day-151398121/?page=1#M151398724

mem skyline sig.jpeg