Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Phucking done with Google

Nexus 6p was crap, camera on Pixel 2 xl quit working, my wife upgraded to Pixel 3 xl and I took her old Pixel 2 xl.  The 3 Pixel xl is unimpressive.  Finally, just as bad they are simps for Democrats. Like it or not, social media is now the public square. Their censorship / defunding on YouTube of conservative content creators and others is crap. Now this.  I had a GPM subscription, best part of it was ad-free YouTube.

Screenshot_20200912-110211.png

110926run_defense710.jpg

11 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Nexus 6p was crap, camera on Pixel 2 xl quit working, my wife upgraded to Pixel 3 xl and I took her old Pixel 2 xl.  The 3 Pixel xl is unimpressive.  Finally, just as bad they are simps for Democrats. Like it or not, social media is now the public square. Their censorship / defunding on YouTube of conservative content creators and others is crap. Now this.  I had a GPM subscription, best part of it was ad-free YouTube.

Screenshot_20200912-110211.png

The lefty’s here will laugh at you for the suggestion that Google has any political bias affecting their products, so that right there confirms there’s bias. I think it was Veritas that got ahold of a secretly taped video by a whistleblower being at lunch with an executive at Google that was discussing how they manipulate their products to suit their social agenda. Pretty shocking stuff as I recall seeing it. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Google Play Music is being deprecated in favor of YouTube Music. It's effectively the same thing, but with some benefits to it after you move over. 

https://blog.youtube/news-and-events/youtube-music-will-replace-google-play-music-end-2020/

I am going to Spotify for music.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Are all the music services pretty much the same?

I use Amazon Music because it comes with my Prime membership but honestly don't know a damn thing about how or why one service might be better than another. I know Spotify is popular and I have the free app on my phone but should probably delete it because I don't think I've opened it in months.

23 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I am going to Spotify for music.

By all means, go for it. I personally believe that Spotify is a superior service to what you're moving from anyway. That said, I also think that you're looking for reasons to get upset about Google services. 

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

By all means, go for it. I personally believe that Spotify is a superior service to what you're moving from anyway. That said, I also think that you're looking for reasons to get upset about Google services. 

I get his gripe with Pixels.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

The lefty’s here will laugh at you for the suggestion that Google has any political bias affecting their products, so that right there confirms there’s bias. I think it was Veritas that got ahold of a secretly taped video by a whistleblower being at lunch with an executive at Google that was discussing how they manipulate their products to suit their social agenda. Pretty shocking stuff as I recall seeing it. 

For the third time it's "lefties" you dolt.

A hold, too.

No wonder Trump is president.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I've heard that Pixels are garbage. It's why I've stuck with iPhones for as long as I have. 

My Pixel 2 and my wife's are still going strong. :shrug:

Best phone I ever had.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Does Google have a "social agenda"?

Is it stated anywhere?

What are the primary goals of the Google "social agenda"? What is it about their agenda that you don't agree with?

7 minutes ago, toonkee said:

My Pixel 2 and my wife's are still going strong. :shrug:

Best phone I ever had.

If your cellular provider was an MVNO of an LTE company like Verizon, there was a pixel update that ended up bricking all Pixel 2's and another update that fried the 3's APN settings, meaning you had to force refresh the APN settings by inserting a different but compatible SIM card and then inserting your SIM card just to use phone and text, sometimes several times a week.  Pretty much all the problems with the Pixel series relate to updates.  They are slow to implement patches so if an update does not jive with a certain service, app or provider you may end up waiting months before they bother to patch.

The Camera is tits though.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

All I know is that that people I'm friends with have had all sorts of issues with them.

One of my kids has had really bad luck with Iphones. How long are these things supposed to last? How often do folks get new phones?

I've only had 2 "smart" phones, both Samsung. My first was a Galaxy S3 was still still working great but the battery was fading when I gave it to my youngest son 3 or 4 years ago. I've had a S7 since then that still works great. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If your cellular provider was an MVNO of an LTE company like Verizon, there was a pixel update that ended up bricking all Pixel 2's and another update that fried the 3's APN settings, meaning you had to force refresh the APN settings by inserting a different but compatible SIM card and then inserting your SIM card just to use phone and text, sometimes several times a week.  Pretty much all the problems with the Pixel series relate to updates.  They are slow to implement patches so if an update does not jive with a certain service, app or provider you may end up waiting months before they bother to patch.

The Camera is tits though.

That's good info. I have Verizon but will always wait a month or two accept any updates because of these types of things, so I probably avoided that mess. 

7 minutes ago, toonkee said:

That's good info. I have Verizon but will always wait a month or two accept any updates because of these types of things, so I probably avoided that mess. 

To be fair, it was a problem with Verizon MVNO's, not Verizon proper.  These are companies that lease coverage from Verizon.  The budget companies running off Verizon towers.  

40 minutes ago, toonkee said:

For the third time it's "lefties" you dolt.

A hold, too.

No wonder Trump is president.

My bad. How rude of me not to introduce you two! Toonpee, meet Slang Spelling, Slang Spelling, meet toonpee.

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/thesaurus/words+meaning+alternative+spellings+or+pronunciations+(list+of).html

kat.jpg

It's well known that Google manipulates its searches to discriminate against conservatives. 

For example, when you type "Petite Jewish man DESTROYED by BBC" in the video search this comes up. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.