Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

N F L

2 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Me too. It seems like we've walked the desert long enough. Curious to see what Tua will bring to the table. 

I agree. I wasn't a huge fan about bringing in Fitzmagic and thought it was a bit of a head scratcher, but seeing the guys rally around him and sacrifice for him made me realize he was the right choice to teach Tua. Fitz loves to ball and he's using every spare minute he has left to do it and as a fan I can't help but just sit back and enjoy the ride. He's a gun slinger and I know he will lose us some games, but by God this team is fun to watch. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

7 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I agree. I wasn't a huge fan about bringing in Fitzmagic and thought it was a bit of a head scratcher, but seeing the guys rally around him and sacrifice for him made me realize he was the right choice to teach Tua. Fitz loves to ball and he's using every spare minute he has left to do it and as a fan I can't help but just sit back and enjoy the ride. He's a gun slinger and I know he will lose us some games, but by God this team is fun to watch. 

I was a little miffed last year when they brought him in because I was hoping to get Tua at #1...but...I think Fitz is the guy this team needed as they work through the first stages of this rebuild. They've been so fun to watch, this year and last...I never feel like they're out of a game. I think Flores is the guy, the Belichick assistant that isn't a complete failure. 

5 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Also, I haven't seen an ankle like Dak's since Ty Prothro destroyed his against Florida back in 2005. 

Prothro! I hadn’t thought about that gruesome injury for years. Thanks for bringing it up. And for those that don’t remember look it up, or don’t. Really, don’t.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

The first INT bounced off of his receiver's arm into the Titans' DB's arms. The second one was bad.

That said, the defense has been, at best, questionable, since week 1. This week, the Bills played without both starting corners (it showed) and a very thin linebacker position that, barring one player, simply hadn't been very productive thus far. Honestly, it was only a matter of time until something like this happened; where the offense would need the defense to step up for a game.

It didn't happen though.

That was one of the worst games I've ever witnessed. I've seen more lopsided scores, but this game just felt like the entire team gave up. Silver lining for this guy was he got a sympathy bj when they got home.

I knew it was too good to be true. I love Fitz and he's been holding this team together, then the front office had to step in and blow it up. I think all Miami fans including myself thought this was a mutual decision between Fitz, Tua and Coach Flores. Just when I thought Miami was finally starting to turn the corner and give me hope the owner and GM had to step in and ruin it. I know the NFL is a business, but they did Fitz dirty and as a Dolphins fan this just makes me sad. I feel awful for him.  

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Not good. You can't bench someone after a convincing win.

Not only that, but the players love him and were running through walls for him. How much of that locker room trust just evaporated in 24 hours? 

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

I knew it was too good to be true. I love Fitz and he's been holding this team together, then the front office had to step in and blow it up. I think all Miami fans including myself thought this was a mutual decision between Fitz, Tua and Coach Flores. Just when I thought Miami was finally starting to turn the corner and give me hope the owner and GM had to step in and ruin it. I know the NFL is a business, but they did Fitz dirty and as a Dolphins fan this just makes me sad. I feel awful for him.  

I read that. Good dude, rough way to lose your job. I especially liked the end where he says despite how upset he is with the decision, that’s for him to deal with and get through. When he’s in the qb room, it’s all about putting Tua in the best situation possible to succeed. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:02 AM, ridgeview2 said:

That was one of the worst games I've ever witnessed. I've seen more lopsided scores, but this game just felt like the entire team gave up. 

As a cards fan that was a great game although not overly exciting. Dallas did give up after that 2nd Zeke fumble. I haven't gotten to watch az much this year. Man that team has some quickness and speed. 

2 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

While not Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, he has been doing well this year. And I don't think I've heard a single negative thing about his character from any team he's been with. So doing this to him after he's been playing well is a real dick move. The guy gets the team to play harder. He has that kind of moxie. So this is going to affect the rest of the team.

24 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

While not Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, he has been doing well this year. And I don't think I've heard a single negative thing about his character from any team he's been with. So doing this to him after he's been playing well is a real dick move. The guy gets the team to play harder. He has that kind of moxie. So this is going to affect the rest of the team.

Agreed, he was bringing the swagger back to the locker room that's been missing for years.