Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

easybronc

Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Lol, Iran should get the award...they're the real reason UAE and Israel got together. 

Oh and this really started in 2015 when Israel opened a diplomatic office in Abu Dhabi. My pop is over there doing nuke work contracting and has been talking about this coming since he's been over there. 

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

His foreign policy in the Middle East has been more than solid.  

The greater global unrest he has caused and his winning Trump charm means he has the same chance to win the Nobel Peace Prize as @thelawlorfaithful has of winning next years troll derby.

Besides, we all know Greta is going to win.  She berated the West for destroying the world.  That plays well.

We'll see. Norwegians and Swedes have a little thing between them.

I think stuff like this has as much to do with it as anything else. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Damn, look what all that oil has created. We need MOAR oil !!!

You know, people get pissed about oil funding terrorism and causing global warming. But I would argue Michael Bay may be a bigger scourge on the earth. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

You know, people get pissed about oil funding terrorism and causing global warming. But I would argue Michael Bay may be a bigger scourge on the earth. 

My kid, who is 11, is really into rockets, aerospace, etc., watched Armageddon the other day and just couldn't believe how ridiculous it all was. I told him this movie made a gazillion dollars and the director has made many other movies like this. I think he had his first realization of how stupid people are.

3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

This is the truest thing that will be posted on this board today.

On 9/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, Rebels18 said:

America used to love arrogant assholes until ya'll turned into a bunch of pussies 

assholes f*ck the prom queen and get shit done while guys like you bitch about them

"Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*ck the prom queen. "

I don’t like Trump but he hasn’t started any wars and hasn’t expanded US military actions and if he’s helped broker some form of peace in the Middle East as he’s claimed then he’s definitely earned it. But now we need to cancel the Noble Peace Prize

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just so you know, Mussolini and Stalin (2x) were also nominated for the Nobel peace prize. So was Hitler, but his nomination was cancelled with no peace prize given in 1939. 

https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/nobel-peace-prize-odd-history/

Being nominated for the peace prize is one thing, winning it is another.