Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Woodward book: Trump says he knew coronavirus was ‘deadly’ and worse than the flu while intentionally misleading Americans

17 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Good thing shumer isn't the president amirite?

Yeah, and the president banned travel from China a week before this interview w/ Woodward---and was called a racist by the same people in politics and media who are now claiming he didn't react fast enough. I think it's reasonable to believe there would be more cases if he didn't ban travel from China. Pelosi and Biden were calling Trump xenophobic, Pelosi was walking around doing a photo-op in Chinatown urging people to return to the shops and walk around. 

Anyone have any other ideas what Trump could've done constitutionally knowing what we did in February? Keep in mind this is when CDC first said every mask was ineffective except a N-95 and triggered a worldwide shortage that prevented medical professionals from being able to get them. Or when the WHO said Coronavirus wasn't transferable human to human when they said this sh*t was caused by some Chinese person eating an undercooked BAT---oh and the WHO also said it was less deadly than the flu. I'm actually more pissed at Trump for just repeating everything the WHO said because they just ended up being a mouthpiece for China--but atleast Trump cut their funding when he found out. 

and wasn't it democratic governors like Cuomo's decision to shove sick people in nursing homes which caused 43% of the deaths. It's funny how short everyone's memory is--this is what happens when you morons believe every soup de jour story the leftwing media spoon-feeds you as they grasp straws to pin this shitshow soley on Trump when it was a monumental f*ck up from top to bottom. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

Show me the tapes, or it's fake news!

Or something. 

I hate to wreck your bubble but back in January nobody took Covid seriously. I can find examples of Democrats saying go out and live your lives we have nothing to fear.

7 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Yeah, and the president banned travel from China a week before this interview w/ Woodward---and was called a racist by the same people in politics and media who are now claiming he didn't react fast enough. I think it's reasonable to believe there would be more cases if he didn't ban travel from China. Pelosi and Biden were calling Trump xenophobic, Pelosi was walking around doing a photo-op in Chinatown urging people to return to the shops and walk around. 

Anyone have any other ideas what Trump could've done constitutionally knowing what we did in February? Keep in mind this is when CDC first said every mask was ineffective except a N-95 and triggered a worldwide shortage that prevented medical professionals from being able to get them. Or when the WHO said Coronavirus wasn't transferable human to human when they said this sh*t was caused by some Chinese person eating an undercooked BAT---oh and the WHO also said it was less deadly than the flu. I'm actually more pissed at Trump for just repeating everything the WHO said because they just ended up being a mouthpiece for China--but atleast Trump cut their funding when he found out. 

and wasn't it democratic governors like Cuomo's decision to shove sick people in nursing homes which caused 43% of the deaths. It's funny how short everyone's memory is--this is what happens when you morons believe every soup de jour story the leftwing media spoon-feeds you as they grasp straws to pin this shitshow soley on Trump when it was a monumental f*ck up from top to bottom. 

Good thing those dems weren't the president.

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

I hate to wreck your bubble but back in January nobody took Covid seriously. I can find examples of Democrats saying go out and live your lives we have nothing to fear.

Looks like the president did know it was serious. He just chose not to relay that seriousness to anybody else.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

As long as Americans view other Americans as enemies worthy of utter destruction rather than political opponents, nothing is going to move the needle. 

Funny thing though is most people read a statement like this and say yeah that's right! They never think to themselves that they have to change though. It is always the other guy that has to change their outrageous views. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

4edvx4.jpg

19 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't care about either group, as they don't care about anything but themselves. It isn't above anything, it is not rewarding bad behavior.  It is choosing to be an American, not an enemy of it.  GOP and Democrats and their behavior recently are being the latter.  

Unlimited ability to contract or to not contract is as American as it gets.

Being born in America does not change one's relation with human nature. Most ppl will contract out of freedom and into comfort once  they receive (usually from the govt.) a good enough offer.

If all the "moderates" who supposedly despise politics actually told the politicians (the govt.) to SIUTFA, the current environment would be no more. But as the old saying goes, when there is a conflict between one's words and one's actions, believe the actions. 

I was raised catholic so I'm familiar enough with martyrdom to wholeheartedly reject it. Thus, I do not give my consent to the tyrants. Do you though.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

2 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Funny thing though is most people read a statement like this and say yeah that's right! They never think to themselves that they have to change though. It is always the other guy that has to change their outrageous views. 

There is truth to this. But by "change their outrageous views," do you mean that they have to change their political views to get along (I would disagree with that)? Or do you mean they have to do things like stop taking glee at California burning?

14 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Good thing those dems weren't the president.

Are you really this much of an NPC? It doesn't matter that media, democrats, republicans/Trump, CDC, WHO, and every major media outlet ALL had Coronavirus pegged wrong. What really matters is how can we blame this solely on the president and no one else. You also didnt answer my earlier question: Anyone have any other ideas what Trump could've done constitutionally knowing what we did in February? It's pretty easy now to be Captain Hindsight in September and point fingers. But hey, #TRUMPKNEW  :lol: f*cking smoothbrains. Can't wait for the next Soup Du jour the media gets you guys to believe. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

So, right now as we speak...

*Just about every major media outlet, including right-wing Fox News, confirm that the president disparages dead and wounded veterans.

*The president is using the DOJ to kill a lawsuit alleging him to be a violent rapist so that he doesn't have to give the DNA test that would absolve him of any wrongdoing.

*The president is on tape saying he was lying about the pandemic in its early stages.

The numbers won't move, even a little bit. 

It’s a cult. There is literally nothing he can do or say that will cause his idiot base to jump ship.

11 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Are you really this much of an NPC? It doesn't matter that media, democrats, republicans/Trump, CDC, WHO, and every major media outlet ALL had Coronavirus pegged wrong. What really matters is how can we blame this solely on the president and no one else. You also didnt answer my earlier question: Anyone have any other ideas what Trump could've done constitutionally knowing what we did in February? It's pretty easy now to be Captain Hindsight in September and point fingers. But hey, #TRUMPKNEW  :lol: f*cking smoothbrains. Can't wait for the next Soup Du jour the media gets you guys to believe. 

Constitutionally speaking, I think he would be OK in being honest about the risks. (Checks Constitution) Yep. I think he'd be in the clear.

Does it give you pause that Trump did seem to know? And do you wonder if by not relaying those risks it caused a chain reaction of miscalculations, especially in the first few months when the leader with the most information was saying the exact opposite of what he knew to be true?

8 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

It’s a cult. There is literally nothing he can do or say that will cause his idiot base to jump ship.

Signed---The same people who said protesting for wanting to return to work is reckless and should be condemned, but mass protesting for a different reason like outrage over a fetanyl OD degenerate? Oh and don't forget 4,433,434,575,575 Bazillion more Coronavirus cases detected due to STURGIS....but still 0 new Coronavirus cases linked to BLM/ANFTIFA protests all over the country. lol--sorry but the media has lost all credibility reporting the virus to any sane person when they condemn one form of a mass gathering but permit the other.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Guys, please don’t vote for Trump. I don’t care who you vote for, just not him. I know his opponents are awful and believe all sorts of stupid things, but the man needs to go. He is incapable of leading us out of our current predicament. The pandemic was the biggest moment of his life in history...and...he...sucked. He needs to go.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Guys, please don’t vote for Trump. I don’t care who you vote for, just not him. I know many of his opponents are awful and believe all sorts of stupid things, but the man needs to go. He is incapable of leading us out of our current predicament. The pandemic was the biggest moment of his life in history...and...he...sucked. He needs to go.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

18 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Unlimited ability to contract or to not contract is as American as it gets.

Being born in America does not change one's relation with human nature. Most ppl will contract out of freedom and into comfort once  they receive (usually from the govt.) a good enough offer.

If all the "moderates" who supposedly despise politics actually told the politicians (the govt.) to SIUTFA, the current environment would be no more. But as the old saying goes, when there is a conflict between one's words and one's actions, believe the actions. 

I was raised catholic so I'm familiar enough with martyrdom to wholeheartedly reject it. Thus, I do not give my consent to the tyrants. Do you though.

None of this actually plays out.  When you are here, you are contracted (without consent if you wish) to abide by the rules of America and state. You can try and deny that, but it rings true. Now if you want to live off the grid, you can limit the impact of government, but there is no immunity.  No matter how much you wish it to be true.

All the "moderates" who despise these current iterations of the parties tell them to SIUTFA by voting independent or not voting.  Perhaps you are referencing the "better of the bad options" folks.  The refusal to vote for one or another, their protests, their vocal rejection of what takes place in politico would qualify as actions.  Too many who don't like candidates are voting for candidates, and that is where I see your conflict scenario parsing.  And so long as you do not voice displeasure with the tyrants, or side with them against the freedoms or safety of others, you do consent, though I don't know where you fall in that paradigm.

12 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Constitutionally speaking, I think he would be OK in being honest about the risks. (Checks Constitution) Yep. I think he'd be in the clear.

Does it give you pause that Trump did seem to know? And do you wonder if by not relaying those risks it caused a chain reaction of miscalculations, especially in the first few months when the leader with the most information was saying the exact opposite of what he knew to be true?

In the context Trump saying he did not want to create a panic? Which is what he said if you read the full quote.  I think this is a non-story the media is blowing out of proportion for the sole purpose to disparage Trump at all costs, regardless of the truth. Even Dr. Fauci has come out and said he didn't get the sense Trump downplayed it. "I didn't get any sense that he was distorting anything. In my discussions with him, they were always straightforward about the concerns that we had."

Okay. Time to memory-hole this one liberals..on to the next Trump story to be outraged about tomorrow. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

18 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

He could have done anything numerous other countries have done to be significantly less impacted by the virus than we are.   

by any benchmarking standard we have done poorly.