Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

After thrashing a truly awful NAVY team B.Y.U. has

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Remember when Ruston, LA was in the West?

Ahhh.  The old WAC.

Loved those games out west at Louisiana Tech.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

That was an out of character loss for Navy.  BYU looked really good though, too bad they can’t qualify for anything that matters.

BYU and UCF need to get a deal done.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Ahhh.  The old WAC.

Loved those games out west at Louisiana Tech.

I actually agree. I liked that old WAC. It's too bad ESPN killed that conference. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

Just what BYU fans need...another sullied, asterisked, not-quite-legit National Championship claim!

I don't know how it's even possible, but The Borg could become "insufferabler"! :ph34r:

@Pelado and I were having this exact conversation the other day.. He seems to think this is just made up Ute jargon.. The rest of the world that follows CFB understands exactly where this could lead..

Living in their little bubble has it's pros and cons I guess. The delusion coming out of Provo has no limit.. Not even the sky.

26 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

It's interesting reading the coach's comments about COVID.. We are all fans and want sports but the debate remains.. What is more important than sports? As this limited season goes on, I think some of these conferences might regret playing. More and more games are being cancelled or pushed.. The NBA's bubble model seems to be working but CFB is a different animal.. So many moving parts and players/coaches/staff.. Travel.. I think we are playing with fire with these young people's lives.. I think the NFL is going to be a disaster with this issue as well. You can test all you want but if you can't control all of their environment in a country where COVID is wildfire, it can only end bad.

25 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I remember reading plenty of Ute posts over the years.  They are as homerish as any fan base, including BYU.

Every fanbase is. That's why we're fans. It's just how it is. 

BYU fans being excited they plowed a team on the road that won 11 games last year is clearly unreasonable.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Every fanbase is. That's why we're fans. It's just how it is. 

BYU fans being excited they plowed a team on the road that won 11 games last year is clearly unreasonable.

I think some are worse than others.  New money fans like Boise Circa 2006-09, UCF currently.  SDSU a few years back.  For the most part though fans, especially those on twitter or message boards, are going to be homers.

58 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Weren't Utah fans talking about how they were a playoff caliber team last year?  Seems it runs in the state.

Rigggght..  Considering Utah was in the playoff hunt through 12 games, you are calling out our fans for talking about it during the season? Lmao...

12 minutes ago, utenation said:

Rigggght..  Considering Utah was in the playoff hunt through 12 games, you are calling out our fans for talking about it during the season? Lmao...

You were out of the play off hunt week 4.  Only delusional Utes thought otherwise.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You were out of the play off hunt week 4.  Only delusional Utes thought otherwise.

Wait.. I’m still confused. You are calling out Ute fans for talking about the playoffs when we were in the hunt all year......

But then you polish your turd post with an “unbiased” claim that we were never in it. Lol.

Sounds like your gripe should be with the playoff committee, not Ute fans. 

4 minutes ago, utenation said:

Wait.. I’m still confused. You are calling out Ute fans for talking about the playoffs when we were in the hunt all year......

But then you polish your turd post with an “unbiased” claim that we were never in it. Lol.

Sounds like your gripe should be with the playoff committee, not Ute fans. 

Everybody knew a one loss Pac team was not getting in.  Only Ute fans thought that team was actually play off quality.

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Everybody knew a one loss Pac team was not getting in.  Only Ute fans thought that team was actually play off quality.

Everyone is a genius at claims once the season is over... lol

Your trolling game has gotten soft. I can think of 1000’s of jabs against Utah and the best you can come up with is: Utah fans shouldn’t be talking about playoffs even though we were in the hunt 99% of the year..

sad.

Just now, utenation said:

Everyone is a genius at claims once the season is over... lol

Your trolling game has gotten soft. I can think of 1000’s of jabs against Utah and the best you can come up with is: Utah fans shouldn’t be talking about playoffs even though we were in the hunt 99% of the year..

sad.

Lol, no, you were not.  You were out of contention after your 4th game.  Everybody knew Utah was not a playoff caliber team.  Except Ute fans.