Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

After thrashing a truly awful NAVY team B.Y.U. has

25 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I just think you are kidding yourself if you think your fan base is any less homer than BYU, or Boise, or Oregon, or SDSU.  

I wouldn’t expect a Boise fan to understand rivalries.  You don’t have any.. Utah fans are here on earth to harass BYU fans..  They get it, I get it... just the way it is..  For over 100 years.

The win over Navy was solid.. but I’ll never tell them that directly..

2 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'm sure it is. That bored, I mean, board has like six posts a week.

Natty tossed on his letterman's jacket and called up Jalapeno and they went to the HS homecoming game this weekend when he came home to moms to do some laundry. That's what showing up here is. It's hard for some to stay away from the glory days.

I mean, here on any given day you will have dozens of topics to choose from that are engaging.  Ranging from aliens, to politics, to AAC eating habits.  Soccer, random E sports.  There is always a topic for anybody.  

Come home @utenation.  We always have leftovers in the fridge.  We even have BYU posters, a top Ute fan draw.  

The overwhelming majority of posters root for the Pac 12 over the rest of the P5.  Even if we poke fun at their occasional ineptitude. 

Just now, utenation said:

I wouldn’t expect a Boise fan to understand rivalries.  You don’t have any.. Utah fans are here on earth to harass BYU fans..  They get it, I get it... just the way it is..  For over 100 years.

The gap between Boise and UI is bitter sweet.  It was a nasty (awesome) rivalry.  As nasty as any in the country.  

Boise and BYU are developing a rivalry of sorts but it will never, can never be anything like the Holy War.  Nevada and Fresno being in the other division killed our only "rivalries".  I would love to have a team to hate, again.

12 hours ago, utenation said:

Let’s stay on track here. My point is Utah and any other fan base that is in the playoff hunt will be talking about it.  To shame Utah fans for doing so is ridiculous..

My earlier point is that if BYU runs the table with their embarrassing schedule, expect a whirlwind of 1984 comparisons and blue Kool Aid served in Provo.

Cross stitch wall mounts on the walls of Natty’s mom’s basement:  “Cancel 1984”, “Tear Down Detmer’s Heisman”, “Utes Matter....At Least Until Week 9”, “Say It...Say It Now!....All BYU Fans Are Delusional and Live Like its 1984”, “Anonymous Sources Have Verified Russian Collusion With 1984 College Football Pollsters”, and “Morgan Scalley....A Man So Misunderstood”

On 9/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d write: I feel sorry for BYU fans.

First, they have a really good team this year - maybe their best since 84? I’ll leave that argument to the old timers but what I saw yesterday wasn’t just a bad navy team; the cougars are fast, physical, and have straight maulers up front - and their original schedule that they were supposed to play would have put them to the test against good competition. If they could have come out of that with 10+ wins, they’d have had a real argument for the ny6 bowl. 

Covid has ruined everything and 2020 is a monster. No one is immune. 

:rotflmfao:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/9/2020 at 9:50 AM, #1Stunner said:

Correct. 

Americans are embarrassingly uninformed about geography....Don't feel bad you didn't know this.

Conference USA has no Mountain or Pacific states, and is in Texas (Conference USA is not a "western conference")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_states

The Mountain States generally are considered to include: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_states

There are five states in this division – Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington  

shooting star GIF

El Paso is in the Mountain Time zone and is part of the I-25 corridor of Front Range school.

There an interesting league for you. The I-25. UTEP, NMSU, UNM, AFA, CU, CSU, and Wyoming.

Americans Mayor

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

El Paso is in the Mountain Time zone and is part of the I-25 corridor of Front Range school.

There an interesting league for you. The I-25. UTEP, NMSU, UNM, AFA, CU, CSU, and Wyoming.

thank you for repeating what has already been noted on here many times.

But El Paso is in Texas, and CUSA is a Texas / Southeastern Conference.   El Paso is not on the Front Range, LOL!

Texas is not part of the Intermountain or Pacific West.

Map_of_USA_highlighting_West.png&key=c21

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

thank you for repeating what has already been noted on here many times.

But El Paso is in Texas, and CUSA is a Texas / Southeastern Conference.   El Paso is not on the Front Range, LOL!

Texas is not part of the Intermountain or Pacific West.

Map_of_USA_highlighting_West.png&key=c21

The I-25 corridor runs right up the backside of the Front Range.

Just because the State of Texas is in Central part of the country dies not mean El Paso ain't west. It's just as west as Last Cruces, Abq, Col Springs and Denver.

Americans Mayor

Guest #1Stunner
33 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

The I-25 corridor runs right up the backside of the Front Range.

Just because the State of Texas is in Central part of the country dies not mean El Paso ain't west. It's just as west as Last Cruces, Abq, Col Springs and Denver.

https://www.si.com/college/byu/news/byu-is-the-last-team-standing-out-west

BYU Is the Last Team Standing Out West

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I get it, it's been years since BYU has had anything to crow about.

Go ahead, you need this.

Americans Mayor

18 hours ago, utenation said:

So true.  It's all part of Heavenly Father's plan.  There must needs be opposition in all things.

Repeating oneself is a sign of dementia.

so everyone, say a prayer tonight for Stunner...

To be fair, though, perhaps poor geography is systemic.  After all, the article Stunner keeps repeating comes courtesy of 'Cougs Daily'.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, RSF said:

Repeating oneself is a sign of dementia.

so everyone, say a prayer tonight for Stunner...

To be fair, though, perhaps poor geography is systemic.  After all, the article Stunner keeps repeating comes courtesy of 'Cougs Daily'.

^^^ This guy can't help but try to correct things that he thinks are incorrect.

This should be entertaining.