Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

OT: Navy / byu Game Day

16 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Which has more points - the NBA game or BYU? 

The NBA game... BYU has already pulled the starters, which is smart, and getting crucial real game time experience for the 2nd/3rd stringers

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

After watching this game and some of the C-USA highlights...im kinda glad the MWC took a pass on this year.  Watching the Middle Tenn game was hard to watch and ESPN doesn't make it any better. Maybe when we negotiate our next media contracts, all we have to do is rerun these games as a teaser in what we offer to the marketplace and get paid accordingly. #WAKEUPHAIR.

5 minutes ago, smithy said:

After watching this game and some of the C-USA highlights...im kinda glad the MWC took a pass on this year.  Watching the Middle Tenn game was hard to watch and ESPN doesn't make it any better. Maybe when we negotiate our next media contracts, all we have to do is rerun these games as a teaser in what we offer to the marketplace and get paid accordingly. #WAKEUPHAIR.

You're glad your league gave in to this nonsense and said no?

You're not playing because you're ahead of the curve and above it all. The real reason is you didn't have enough money to pay for the testing and what it would cost this year. And because Boise told you guys no, and you guys do what Boise says.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

Worked for UCF.

How's things going in here fellas?

Not bad here...but if you go to the CSNBBS  AAC site...they are not happy.  Seven pages of comments on the game over there. 

4 minutes ago, smithy said:

Not bad here...but if you go to the CSNBBS  AAC site...they are not happy.  Seven pages of comments on the game over there. 

I don't even really get a lot of joy from beating Navy. They looked ill prepared today and BYU pushed them around.

I never got a lot of joy from beating AFA either growing up.

I respect those guys that play for those schools. It's bigger than football.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Navy was about as ill prepared as a team could be. I’m wondering if we are going to see variations of the same thing in college football this year. Teams that had or have covid cases that aren’t able to practice effectively or field their best teams. I’m betting Navy wishes they had just cancelled the season. 

AAC fans thought BYU was going to be a walk over. As Stunner said this was going to be the best BYU team under Sitake. He was right. It’s just one game and I’m not predicting BYU would win the AAC this year. But I will say this they are as good as any AAC team and would have as good a chance as anyone to win that conference. They based their opinion on the Toledo and USF game which BYU had control of both games but never put the game away. BYU lost both games to inferior teams and games that should have been a BYU blowout. 

Does BYU go unbeaten. Every good team has at least 2 crappy games a year. Houston, Army, Troy and western Kentucky are difficult wins if they play crappy. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.