Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

The only election result that won’t result in wide spread riots and protests is

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

A Biden blowout on election night. If we don’t know who won election night many are going to suspect fraud.  If Trump wins the left will claim voter suppression and Russian collusion/help.  If Biden wins a close election and if the results shift over the following few days the right is going to claim mail in vote fraud. Either of those results will cause wide spread protests and I don’t believe either side will accept the results of the election. I’m sure I’ll get an idiot button or two by the usual suspects but I’m sure most will agree with this. 

Mug, per the WSJ, the DNC has officially declared every presidential election they’ve lost since 1968 to be “illegitimate” with the exception of the two 49 state landslides. The RNC has never deemed a Dem won election to be “illegitimate”. There’s always a first time, but that’s the history. Also, in modern times, a riot has never broken out when the GOP is really pissed, in fact, the only protests you see are older people types that own businesses and are generally professional. You don’t see college kids protest anything for the GOP because they’re taught the GOP is evil. 

So no, you’re very much wrong about wide spread riots and protests breaking out if the GOP loses a close election and suspects fraud. There would have to be wide spread solid proof that fraud took place and affected the election result before you’d be seeing a historic anomaly and the GOP taking to the streets. Ain’t happening.

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

No, it's a good point. But I guess at the end of the day I'd take another season or two of hall-of-fame work even if it meant an ending that was unsatisfying. I mean, if Better Call Saul ended at Season 3, I would have loved it but it wouldn't have been as great. Even Breaking Bad took a while to build to what it became. I just think Deadwood had at least a season if not two or three of top-end TV in them.

Also, tough swipe at Friday Night Lights. I think they should get a handicap for being on a major network. Making good a good hour-long drama in in that environment is tough business. That show could have been Blue Bloods for football. But they decided to make it good.

I meant no disparagement towards Friday Night Lights. I would fist fight in defense of the things it did well. Not just well, but exceptional in comparing it with the medium it was in. The show had three perfect finales, regardless of the lows it reached to get there which aren’t a case for the generally accepted gold standard series. When it looked like things were over they ended perfectly. The Taylor marriage stands out beyond the medium, beyond almost everything artistically produced in our culture. It is almost perfection, amidst a great but a seriously imperfect show. I love FNL for a hundred other reasons, but it’s peak greatness stands with everything else ever put on film, even if the rest doesn’t.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I meant no disparagement towards Friday Night Lights. I would fist fight in defense of the things it did well. Not just well, but exceptional in comparing it with the medium it was in. The show had three perfect finales, regardless of the lows it reached to get there which aren’t a case for the generally accepted gold standard series. When it looked like things were over they ended perfectly. The Taylor marriage stands out beyond the medium, beyond almost everything artistically produced in our culture. It is almost perfection, amidst a great but a seriously imperfect show. I love FNL for a hundred other reasons, but it’s peak greatness stands with everything else ever put on film, even if the rest doesn’t.

Wow, judging by my hyperbole and less than fluent typing, I was probably overserved last night. In any case, I stand by the Taylor marriage as being unique in the quality of its depiction. There’s nothing like it that I’ve seen or read anywhere. It’s a true artistic accomplishment.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

14 hours ago, Mano said:

If Trump is ahead at all after election night, he will claim victory and call uncounted mail in votes invalid. Will be a shit show.

That's pretty much what I'm expecting to happen.

22 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Here are the states that allow early counting of absentee ballots. 

Arizona - 14 days before Election Day.

Colorado - 15 days before Election Day.

Connecticut - At the discretion of local registrar.

Delaware - Friday before Election Day.

Montana - One day before Election Day for machines readers.

Nebraska - One day before Election Day

North Carolina - Two weeks prior to Election Day

Ohio - Can be scanned earlier, not specified how

Utah - Counting may begin before Election Day. Exact timing not specified.

Vermont - The Day before Election Day.

Only three of them are expected to be swing states, though NE2 is a swing district.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Wow, judging by my hyperbole and less than fluent typing, I was probably overserved last night. In any case, I stand by the Taylor marriage as being unique in the quality of its depiction. There’s nothing like it that I’ve seen or read anywhere. It’s a true artistic accomplishment.

Wait a God danged minute...are you in Washoe county?

Bars are closed...did you have a house party?

And more importantly...we were not invited?

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I was like "Jesus, homie REALLY liked a few FNL episodes"

33 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I was like "Jesus, homie REALLY liked a few FNL episodes"

Homeboy loves FNL. I just don’t think in totality it’s in the discussion for the best shows ever. But the things it did well it did great, and the things it did great it did better than anyone.