Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

I wish we were playing this weekend

4 hours ago, RSF said:

SMU struggles against Texas St.

IOW, getting back to normal on The Hilltop.

I feel a little better today as it was announced that due to contact tracing the Memphis secondary was missing 3 starters and 6 total players...Silverfiled didn't want it announced so Arky State couldn't prepare. I was wondering why our secondary seemed to be 'social distancing' from the WR's all night.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 9/5/2020 at 11:03 AM, mugtang said:

I get why we aren’t. But man I could use some MWC football today. 

I do miss MWC teams in action, but I have to admit of the schools that are playing, I seriously doubt I'd watch or even care - My CFB world has shrunk to the west with MWC, some PAC12 & Big Sky 

5 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

it's more like places such as Japan and S Korea are looking at America and shaking their head...they did what they were told: wore masks, stayed in, allowed contract tracing, washed their hands often...they had no runs on TP/paper towels and their cases dropped FAST.

Americans on the other hand have proven over the last 5 months how selfish they have truly become. 'Great' my butt...

The strain of COVID in Japan and S Korea was also FAR less infectious than the strain in Europe and the US.

28 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I do miss MWC teams in action, but I have to admit of the schools that are playing, I seriously doubt I'd watch or even care - My CFB world has shrunk to the west with MWC, some PAC12 & Big Sky 

That’s really unfortunate because the quality of fb is so much better outside the pac and big sky.  I get the regional interest though.

3 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

That’s really unfortunate because the quality of fb is so much better outside the pac and big sky.  I get the regional interest though.

Agree. - Just over the years I've lost interest in conferences east of the Rockies. I will still pay attention to some B10 & B12, but hardly ever watch SEC ACC AAC, etc 

I went to a Big Sky school (Idaho) & live in a MWC market (LV) surrounded by PAC12 in AZ, & SoCal 

48 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Yeah, I know it’s BYU, and expect for Stunner, we all detest the hated Cougars, but just trying to give you a bit of the game day/weekend experience....

36CE713C-DCB1-4B15-8DEA-C05FCDF10094.jpeg

Thanks, dude.  Much appreciated.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:37 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Same. I doubt I’ll watch a single game this year.

17 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Same. I doubt I’ll watch a single game this year.

Yep, not much I care about out there playing or trying to play.........and with Raiders landing three miles up the road, I might pay more attention to the NFL this season than I have in the last 20 years.

But there is little to no interest in seeing BYU barn storm across the Sun Belt Conference as the only western FB trying to make a season where there isn't one 

I go back to the days when there was only one game on tv every Saturday, usually Texas with ten players named Johnny Jones ( SRSLY, Johnny Ham Jones, Johnny Jam Jones, , Johnny Lamb Jones, Johnny Wham Jones etc...) and tear away jerseys. Life without wall to wall CFB can be done. 

But at least we could get Cal games on the radio, anc check the box scores and read the articles etc...

No local CFB at all seems is like Christmas time without the Christmas spirit.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif