Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

I wish we were playing this weekend

I get why we aren’t. But man I could use some MWC football today. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I get why we aren’t. But man I could use some MWC football today. 

Gonna watch some uninspired NBA playoffs instead 😒.

At least there are some articles making it sound like the pac-12 and B1G are reconsidering or at least having discussions about various options and dates that football could start. Whether anything actually comes of that remains to be seen but at least there seems like there is some consideration and options being talked about.

Has anybody seen anything suggesting MW is even having any discussions at all about when to start football? Or has the conference totally given up and put it on the back burner till late Nov/Dec to even start talking about it?

9 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Gonna watch some uninspired NBA playoffs instead 😒.

I’ve never been a fan of the NBA so I didn’t miss it when it was gone.  But not having football really hit me.  I’m watching Marshall vs Eastern Kentucky.  That’s how desperate I am lol.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On Gameday this morning Larry Scott mentioned that the PAC 12 has partered with a San Diego based company called Quidel to provide daily rapid tests for all contact sports athletes by mid-October.  The test results will be known within 15-minutes so every player gets tested in the AM and the result of that tests dictates whether they can practice or be in contact with the team that day.

Seems like a path forward to me.  Of course nothing changes unless the states of CA and OR approve moving forward.

Hockey has been good.

I know I'm a new money hockey fan from Vegas and all, but I've been watching all the games.  Two game 7's yesterday and one today. tons of fun.

Then we got Dodgers just chewing through everybody almost every night. I try to keep an eye on the Tour de France as well.

All of a sudden I don't have enough time to keep up with all the sports. If football was on I'd have to quit my job, lol.

The few games i have watched of the NBA Finals this year have been pretty good.  The officiating has been good and i like that they now have replay challenges.  Plus there are probably 4 or 5 teams that can win it all, which is definitely not normal.  

I wish college football was starting, but under the circumstances we are in right now as a country it is understandable.

22 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I watched entirety of the 59-0 EKU-Marshall blowout. It was like snorting sweet n low. That’s how hard up I am. 

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Now I’m watching Texas St take on SMU.  

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I like Texas state’s coach. He’s who I was hoping SJSU would hire when they went with Brennan. 

Brennan wasn’t a terrible hire. I know others have criticized it but he seems to have SJSU heading the right direction.  Problem is the moment he gets you guys to a bowl game he’s gone, unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Brennan wasn’t a terrible hire. I know others have criticized it but he seems to have SJSU heading the right direction.  Problem is the moment he gets you guys to a bowl game he’s gone, unfortunately. 

Agree on all counts. He took over a terrible situation and has gotten the players to believe. We should have been in a bowl game last year if it wasn’t for that ridiculously fluky UNLV game. Any coach that comes to San Jose and has even a modest amount of success will have other offers. We just have to deal with it. 

At the time though, spavital was the oc at cal, and my bears fan friends had high praise for him. I thought he could have us playing exciting football, even if we weren’t winning much. 

Totally disgusted with Boise State athletics...

Tromp needs to be fired, then, tarred and feathered, then, probably killed in the street....

Weakest shit in the history of the god damn world - yeah, let’s just not have BSU football......

New-Signature.jpg

The prolonged shut down of things Is and will be the dumbest and thing we have ever done in modern history. I understand the first month or two, because it was so unknown.  Now it's a joke and ruining lives, livelihoods, futures, kids and adults.  Just play the damn games. If a player is scared or has medical issues then allow a medical redshirt season plain and simple.  The colleges messed this on up bigtime. 

Didn’t most of you say football wasn’t going to happen at all this fall. Sucks to see it go on without your team.

MWC needs to reverse the decision and start in October. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.