Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecfan1

Air Force gets a pass. Why not the rest of the MWC?

By now you all know that the cancellation of CFB in the MWC does not apply to Air Farce. To me, that’s pure BS. Why do they get to play Army and Navy? Why are they special? Don’t even think of giving the threadbare cliche about they deserve to play because the are military , privileged, service for us all. That’s crap. Why can’t CSU, USU and Wyo play a round robin in Nov? 

Why not same round robin for in — state rivals SDSU, FSU and SJSU? 

Either Air Farce is in the same boat as the rest of the victims or they should  get the hell out. Now! 

I never get used to how weak the leadership of this symbiotic bunch of schools truly is. I’ll bet Hair caved like a house of cards when the USAF informed him the Cadets are more important than the Broncos, Aztecs, and name them all. Screw Air Farce! 

Disagree. Brady Hoke wants to play, so do his players as per article in SD U/T this week. Why the hell not if numbers are ok? The B1G and now even PAC are reportedly talking about a late Nov start. Isn’t Boise practicing?  I know sdsu has been. 

46 minutes ago, Aztecfan1 said:

By now you all know that the cancellation of CFB in the MWC does not apply to Air Farce. To me, that’s pure BS. Why do they get to play Army and Navy? Why are they special? Don’t even think of giving the threadbare cliche about they deserve to play because the are military , privileged, service for us all. That’s crap. Why can’t CSU, USU and Wyo play a round robin in Nov? 

Why not same round robin for in — state rivals SDSU, FSU and SJSU? 

Either Air Farce is in the same boat as the rest of the victims or they should  get the hell out. Now! 

I never get used to how weak the leadership of this symbiotic bunch of schools truly is. I’ll bet Hair caved like a house of cards when the USAF informed him the Cadets are more important than the Broncos, Aztecs, and name them all. Screw Air Farce! 

cry baby GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Disagree. Brady Hoke wants to play, so do his players as per article in SD U/T this week. Why the hell not if numbers are ok? The B1G and now even PAC are reportedly talking about a late Nov start. Isn’t Boise practicing?  I know sdsu has been. 

He wants to play a season.  Two games is not a season.

You missed the point halfhorse. Any football, even in Nov. , would be better than none. Ask Air Farce, they ain’t complainers about their privileged deal.  We all know there’s no “season.” Why defend them and the Village Idiot Hair? 

40 minutes ago, Aztecfan1 said:

You missed the point halfhorse. Any football, even in Nov. , would be better than none. Ask Air Farce, they ain’t complainers about their privileged deal.  We all know there’s no “season.” Why defend them and the Village Idiot Hair? 

No, you miss the point.  Doing everything to set up a season to play two games is a net loss.  AFA has the CIC, that is different than SDSU playing a Sun Belt and CUSA team.

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I'm pretty sure the MWC will start around the same time the B1G and PAC-12 start.

No.

The PAC-12 is well into the process of establishing daily COVID testing and setting up an environment that will justify reversing their decision to not play this fall.  The MWC is not.

7 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

No.

The PAC-12 is well into the process of establishing daily COVID testing and setting up an environment that will justify reversing their decision to not play this fall.  The MWC is not.

05F8E14B-74BC-43C9-90F6-4B20E016CBAA.jpeg

12 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I'm pretty sure the MWC will start around the same time the B1G and PAC-12 start. As soon as the other P5 conferences get a few games under their belt, the B1G, PAC, MWC and MAC will be up and running. I just hope they PAC and B1G don't puss out and play conference only schedules but I'm sure they will.

You guys aren't playing because the other leagues aren't playing. You guys aren't playing because you don't want to incur the extra cost of testing that it's going to require to play this year.

I don't think the PAC plays this year either because California.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

12 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I'm pretty sure the MWC will start around the same time the B1G and PAC-12 start. As soon as the other P5 conferences get a few games under their belt, the B1G, PAC, MWC and MAC will be up and running. I just hope they PAC and B1G don't puss out and play conference only schedules but I'm sure they will.

So the SEC “pussed out”? But the Big 12 is super tough because their playing some dogshit teams out of conference? Ok.

22 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

As far as Air Force goes they have a much easier job containing the virus then the rest of the conference. They not only can contain there sports teams, but the students as well. 

This.

AF can completely lock down their campus. None of the other schools can. AF also has a little thing called the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) that allows them to put restrictions on their students that other schools can’t. The Service Academies are perfectly set up to play each other with very little impact from the virus.

17 minutes ago, sean327 said:

This.

AF can completely lock down their campus. None of the other schools can. AF also has a little thing called the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) that allows them to put restrictions on their students that other schools can’t. The Service Academies are perfectly set up to play each other with very little impact from the virus.

And yet there still won't be any midshipmen at the BYU/Navy game tonight. :shrug:

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I'm saying that because Boise State already plays too many shit burger teams like San Jose State. Doing a conference only does nothing for our program. We need BYU and P5 teams on our schedule. 

O yea the Big 12 is benefiting greatly from playing Eastern Kentucky, Louisiana, Louisiana Tech, Arkansas State, Missouri State, Tulsa, Houston Baptist, UTEP, and Coastal Carolina next week.

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

5 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Yeah. But the difference is they play in a P5 conference. Boise State benefits from P5 games hence the reason I said that.  Not sure why you're acting like a dumbass. Just because SJSU is useless doesn't mean you should be.

Your lauding the Big 12 for playing a bunch of crap teams and I’m the one “acting like a dumbass”? 

taylor swift what GIF