Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

"Touchless" Burger King restaurants

The new designs require about 60% less square footage than a traditional Burger King restaurant, making it ideal for urban areas with plenty of drivers. The two-floor Next Level design includes up to three drive-thru lanes to the locations, with one lane specifically for delivery drivers. The Your Way concept features just two lanes but adds a walk-up window for takeout orders.

The Burger King Your Way design features a shaded outdoor patio for on-premise dining. Customers can also opt to park their cars under solar-powered canopies and have their Whoppers and fries delivered right to their cars after scanning a QR code at their parking spot and placing their order on Burger King’s mobile app.

At a Next Level restaurant, customers can eat their food in a dining room that juts above the drive-thru lanes to maximize square footage.

Next Level’s kitchens will also overhang above the drive-thru, with conveyor belts that deliver orders to those customers. 

Curbside pickup and mobile pickup lockers will be available at both types of restaurant. Customers can notify employees of their arrival through the restaurant’s app.

qJ5TmmT.png

NlwUGc1.png

tFslzts.png

FXQl62Y.png

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/03/take-a-look-at-burger-kings-new-touchless-restaurant-designs.html

Seems like an interesting concept. 

Their fries fall short, but I do like their burgers.  And I was impressed with the Impossible Whopper when I had it.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, RSF said:

Their fries fall short, but I do like their burgers.  And I was impressed with the Impossible Whopper when I had it.

I still haven't gotten around to trying the Beyond or Imposssible Burgers from anywhere.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I still haven't gotten around to trying the Beyond or Imposssible Burgers from anywhere.

I mean... they're worse for you than eating meat, but they don't taste bad. If you don't have a moral/political reason to not eat meat I would just stick with the real thing.

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I like the Whopper and their Original Chicken Sandwich. But @halfmanhalfbronco is right, their fries suck.

I used to like their Rodeo Burgers when they were $1.00 and I was in high school.  Nothing better then getting off the river stoned and hungry and ordering 5 of those.  

There are so many better fast food options though.  I just can't ever see myself going to a BK again unless somebody else really wanted to.  

Just now, Los_Aztecas said:

I mean... they're worse for you than eating meat, but they don't taste bad. If you don't have a moral/political reason to not eat meat I would just stick with the real thing.

Nutritionally, theyre about the same.

Impossible Whopper vs. Regular Whopper Nutrition Facts

Impossible Whopper Regular Whopper
630 calories 660 calories
34 g fat (11 g saturated fat) 40 g fat (12 g saturated fat)
0 g trans fat 1.5 g trans fat
10 mg cholesterol 90 mg cholesterol
1080 mg sodium 980 mg sodium
58 g carbohydrates 49 g carbohydrates
4 g fiber 1 g fiber
12 g sugar 11 g sugar
25 g protein 28 g protein

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

Nutritionally, theyre about the same.

Impossible Whopper vs. Regular Whopper Nutrition Facts

Impossible Whopper Regular Whopper
630 calories 660 calories
34 g fat (11 g saturated fat) 40 g fat (12 g saturated fat)
0 g trans fat 1.5 g trans fat
10 mg cholesterol 90 mg cholesterol
1080 mg sodium 980 mg sodium
58 g carbohydrates 49 g carbohydrates
4 g fiber 1 g fiber
12 g sugar 11 g sugar
25 g protein 28 g protein

Nutrition information isn't everything my man.

But yes, neither is good for you. If you have the choice grill one yourself.

31 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I mean... they're worse for you than eating meat, but they don't taste bad. If you don't have a moral/political reason to not eat meat I would just stick with the real thing.

It's my understanding the environmental impact from beef is more harmful than what the equivalent consumption would be for the Impossible meat replacement 

1 minute ago, AndroidAggie said:

It's my understanding the environmental impact from beef is more harmful than what the equivalent consumption would be for the Impossible meat replacement 

That's why I said moral/political.