Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Famous people who have died so far in 2020

On 11/10/2020 at 6:48 PM, thatsmymammy said:

Neil Peart January 7, 2020

Kelly Preston July 12, 2020

This. I'm not going to bother going back to see which poster made the silly criticism of the thread starter. How long has it been since this many celebrities dies in a single year?

On 11/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, Bronco7454 said:

I have never heard of Neil Peart so that, in and of itself, does not qualify as "famous" as far as I'm concerned.

Kelly Preston was listed on the original compilation - seen in the very first post in this thread.

You've never heard of Neil Peart? Just because you haven't, doesn't mean he isn't famous you fukking wet sock. He's regarded as the best drummer of all time. Good enough for you? Douche.

I think, therefore I'm.

43 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

You've never heard of Neil Peart? Just because you haven't, doesn't mean he isn't famous you fukking wet sock. He's regarded as the best drummer of all time. Good enough for you? Douche.

LMFAO

not even close. 

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I never cared for Rush. I did like the Trailer Park Boys episode where they kidnapped the bass player. 

That episode was hilarious. 

I've never understood the allure of Rush either. 

On 11/25/2020 at 7:55 PM, grandjean87 said:

Biggest so far?

If you are a soccer fan or from Argentina.

In America the equivilant would probably be Babe Ruth.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Modern day it’d be like Jordan in the US. 

Kobe

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

12 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

That episode was hilarious. 

I've never understood the allure of Rush either. 

Not a huge fan either but that's mainly because of Geddy's awful falsetto voice and to a lesser extent because some of the lyrics written by Peart are based on his being a devotee of Ayn Rand's bat shit crazy philosophy.

All three members of Rush were virtuosos back in the day but Alex Lifeson hasn't been able to be that prolific for 20 years or so because age has made his fingers a bit stiff.

5 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

No he's not. For He's only "ranked" that high because middle aged white guys like Rush for whatever reason. I chalk it up to a lack of taste.

You're also moving the goalposts. I couldn't care less how Readers Digest ranks drummers. But if that helps you sleep at night you do you. Dude couldn't hold Bonham's fifth of whiskey or Keith Moon's horse tranquilizers. Or Ginger Baker's flowing red locks. I could go on and on. 

6 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

He most certainly is. Maybe you don't regard him as such, but most people either do or have him in the top 3. Not even close my ass!

53 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

No he's not. For He's only "ranked" that high because middle aged white guys like Rush for whatever reason. I chalk it up to a lack of taste.

Trying to "rate" artistry is a fools errand. What the hell are the going to do, face off?

Was Beethoven better than Mozart? Was Rembrandt greater than Renoir?

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

You're also moving the goalposts. I couldn't care less how Readers Digest ranks drummers. But if that helps you sleep at night you do you. Dude couldn't hold Bonham's fifth of whiskey or Keith Moon's horse tranquilizers. Or Ginger Baker's flowing red locks. I could go on and on. 

the big lebowski opinion GIF

You argued that me saying he's regarded as the best drummer of all time was "not even close" and I provided plenty of evidence that he is indeed regarded as such. You haven't proven me wrong, you just disagree.

I think, therefore I'm.

2 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

the big lebowski opinion GIF

You argued that me saying he's regarded as the best drummer of all time was "not even close" and I provided plenty of evidence that he is indeed regarded as such. You haven't proven me wrong, you just disagree.

He's not regarded as such. And when you got called on it you moved the goalposts to "we'll some say he's a top 3 drummer". Make up your tasteless mind.