Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Famous people who have died so far in 2020

Anyone remember the Mac Davis show?  I was a kid but I really enjoyed it.  Audience members would give him a nonsense sentence and he would write a song about it on the fly.

43 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

Anyone remember the Mac Davis show?  I was a kid but I really enjoyed it.  Audience members would give him a nonsense sentence and he would write a song about it on the fly.

October 2nd

Ron Perranoski, 84, American baseball pitcher (Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Dodgers, Minnesota Twins) and coach (San Francisco Giants).  Born Ronald Peter Perranoski in Paterson, N.J.

Regarded as a legendary Major League Baseball left-handed relief pitcher, who played from 1961 through 1973 and had a career E.R.A. of 2.79.

Cause of death according to his sister was "complications from a long illness".

image.jpeg.57be6734d51d89067de2bfb928b6bc64.jpeg

October 8th

Whitey Ford, 91, American Hall of Fame pitcher for the New York Yankees.  He played his entire 16 year Major League career with the Yankees.  He was a ten-time All-Star and six-time World Series champion.

Cause of death dementia.

Whitey Ford 1953 Bowman.jpg

On 10/4/2020 at 2:14 PM, Bronco7454 said:

October 2nd

Ron Perranoski, 84, American baseball pitcher (Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Dodgers, Minnesota Twins) and coach (San Francisco Giants).  Born Ronald Peter Perranoski in Paterson, N.J.

Regarded as a legendary Major League Baseball left-handed relief pitcher, who played from 1961 through 1973 and had a career E.R.A. of 2.79.

Cause of death according to his sister was "complications from a long illness".

image.jpeg.57be6734d51d89067de2bfb928b6bc64.jpeg

Very nice guy. When Perry was Lasorda's pitching coach, my buddy who then worked for Hiram Walker's knew him and one night following a Dodger weekday game we all got smashed at a great little pub Perranoski frequented. Perry insisted on buying round after round.

15 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I hate this thread.

So take your moronic butt back to any of the idiotic political threads.  You'll be much more at home in a thread that's 100 percent idiotic & pointless.

Meanwhile I'm adding you to my IGNORE list.  Ta-ta nitwit.

2 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

So take your moronic butt back to any of the idiotic political threads.  You'll be much more at home in a thread that's 100 percent idiotic & pointless.

Meanwhile I'm adding you to my IGNORE list.  Ta-ta nitwit.

Cry more lib

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

October 14

Rhonda Fleming, 97, American actress.   She acted in more than 40 films, mostly in the 1940s and 1950s, and became renowned as one of the most glamorous actresses of her day, nicknamed the "Queen of Technicolor" because she photographed so well in that medium.  Cause of death aspiration pneumonia.

Rhonda_Fleming_-_publicity.JPG

On 10/9/2020 at 10:17 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I hate this thread.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Cry more lib

How dare you get saddened by the loss of people you grew up idolizing and helped shape your life!  GTFO and NO DANCING!!!!

October 22, 2020

Matt Blair, 70, six time NFL Pro Bowl player.  Born Matthew Albert Blair.  He spent his entire 12 year NFL career playing for the Minnesota Vikings.  He started 130 of the 160 games he played in for the Vikings.   He also played in Super Bowl IX (9) and Super Bowl XI (11).   Cause of death believed to be complications from chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), the neurodegenerative disease linked to football and considered to be the signature menace in the NFL’s concussion claims in recent years.

Matt Blair smiles after practice in 1982.