Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Nevada6077 said:

the running total of lies that he has told since occupying the house!!!!  wasnt it the NY paper?

WAPO

Jeff Bezos

9 minutes ago, Akkula said:

This isn't about WAPO...it is about Trump.  It doesn't matter if "everyone else is a liar" or "someone else is a worse liar" .....he liar.  It isn't just those lies polticians tell every once in a while...he constantly lies...every day...repeatedly...and doubles down on the lies...and his disciples are dedicated to reinforcing them.   The reason none of these sources want to be public is so Trump and the cult don't ruin them like they did to Colonel Vindman.

Or because their stories hold up under scrutiny. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02/house-democrats-working-with-liz-cheney-restrict-trumps-planned-withdrawal-of-troops-from-afghanistan-and-germany/

House Democrats, Working With Liz Cheney, Restrict Trump’s Planned Withdrawal of Troops From Afghanistan and Germany

The bipartisan commitment to using Russia for endless war and imperialism remains vibrant.

Any of you "Useful Idiots" notice a pattern here (here is an article from 2 months ago):

President Trump throughout the year has insisted that the Pentagon present plans for withdrawing all troops from Afghanistan prior to the end of 2020. Last week, reports indicated that “the Trump administration is close to finalizing a decision to withdraw more than 4,000 troops from Afghanistan by the fall.” Trump’s plan “would reduce the number of troops from 8,600 to 4,500 and would be the lowest number since the very earliest days of the war in Afghanistan, which began in 2001.” In February, Trump announced an agreement with the Taliban to end the war completely.

Shortly after those White House withdrawal plans were reported, anonymous intelligence officials leaked a series of claims to the New York Times regarding “bounties” allegedly being paid by Russia to Taliban fighters to kill U.S. troops. Those leaks emboldened opposition to troop withdrawal from Afghanistan on the ground that it would be capitulating to Russian treachery. It was that New York Times leak that Liz Cheney, along with GOP Congressman Mac Thornberry, cited in a joint statement on Monday to suggest troop withdrawal would be precipitous:

5 minutes ago, Akkula said:

It is always another conspiracy for the latest trump +++++ up, isn't it?

We should test it...

Trump or Biden should make a statement about complete withdraw of Troops from somewhere (so far only Trump will do this), and we can see if there is a leak about them harming the troops from "anonymous sources" the next day.

Let's test it!!

This sound like exactly what trump and his family would say!  Part of the reason the family didnt like or want Fred jr in the business was because of his service record.  He learned to fly in the military and by all accounts enjoyed his time in the military. It was only after his family treated his like shit that he came back and was relagated to doing nothing for the family and hence Donnie Boy.  His family feels military service should not be done by any of their family members ever period end of story!  

Review the trump family history and see how much they gave for this country?

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Given Trump has attacked multiple people for doing the right thing like Crozier and Vindman, I don’t blame any person for not going on record. 

I certainly wouldn't blame them for being reluctant to go on the record but I do find fault that at least two of them together wouldn't go on the record.

As to Crozier, he was the victim of an acting secretary of the Navy appointed by Trump who was later vilified himself for the way he handled the matter so how much of a disincentive should that be? And although Vindman was also victimized, he was merely reassigned and to my knowledge never suffered a reduction in rank or income. Plus Goldberg said the four simply didn't want to be deluged with hateful emails. Sorry but when one gets high enough up in the echelon of the military or the government generally, that sometimes just comes with the territory.

Guest #1Stunner
53 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Are you aware of everything your boss says? Of course not.

As to your final inquiry, yes, I would take Obama's side. However, not only was Obama not a serial liar (hell, no previous American president has lied close to as much), Trump has a history of military denigration (think McCain and and the Gold Star parents).

Sadly we now have 2 serial liars running for President.

Both also accused of lying about rape.

What a joke....

5 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

New York Magazine: Here’s All the Corroboration for the Atlantic Story on Trump Attacking Troops.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09/corroboration-atlantic-report-trump-troops-soldiers-losers-cemetary-amputees.html

Not that it matters... Everyone is a postmodernist these days. Just remember, I rejected objective truth before it was a cool thing to do.

We have the FOI from the Navy showing they cancelled.

27 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Anonymous Leaks....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fund the War.

make it rain money GIF

image.png.b24e64c88c0d9c17a3e4fff6cffb9d8d.png

Uh..anyone who said Obama created ISIS should probably sit this one out. Not saying you did, but think about it.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We have the FOI from the Navy showing they cancelled.  Period.  Does not matter what the corroboration is, it is wrong.  I was wrong and am eating crow.

The helicopter flight was scrubbed because of weather. That's what we know. Period. 

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We have the FOI from the Navy showing they cancelled.  Period.  Does not matter what the corroboration is, it is wrong.  I was wrong and am eating crow.

eh, not necessarily. some distinctions...

the article reads

"Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed."

Trump could have said those things and the Navy could have cancelled the trip or advised cancellation and all of the bolded above could still be true.

At the end of the day, though, unnamed sources. If I were king of the Atlantic, I wouldn't have printed the story.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Fair.  However that would indicate the trip was still on until that point.  No?

Every other world leader traveled by land vehicle to the event, as did Gen. Kelly. The reporting seems to be that Trump didn't want to travel by car to the event, and then made his comments re: his hair and the disparaging remarks about veterans and service members KIA.