Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

10 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

The AP has now independently confirmed the Atlantic's Article: https://apnews.com/b823f2c285641a4a09a96a0b195636ed

The author of the AP article is a Marine who said he called his sources when he read the piece in The Atlantic because he didn't believe it. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

8 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

The AP has now independently confirmed the Atlantic's Article: https://apnews.com/b823f2c285641a4a09a96a0b195636ed

No they haven’t you fool ! I read the very short AP article and it adds no further evidence independent of the shady evidence coming from the Atlantic. It basically just states that the Atlantic ran a story and made some claims , and Trump denies it. That is not Indendent confirmation you Dolt! 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

No they haven’t you fool ! I read the very short AP article and it adds no further evidence independent of the shady evidence coming from the Atlantic. It basically just states that the Atlantic ran a story and made some claims , and Trump denies it. That is not Indendent confirmation you Dolt! 

The allegations were first reported in The Atlantic. A senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press, including the 2018 cemetery comments.

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

The allegations were first reported in The Atlantic. A senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press, including the 2018 cemetery comments.

For people who don't have strong evidentiary standards like our friend here. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

For people who don't have strong evidentiary standards like our friend here. 

Unless he can come forward and offer primary evidence president Trump said these things I’ll assume  he is full of excrement, which is not an unreasonable based on the current standard of integrity in journalism in this country. 

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Unless he can come forward and offer primary evidence president Trump said these things I’ll assume  he is full of excrement, which is not an unreasonable based on the current standard of integrity in journalism in this country. 

If it was on tape, you'd call it fake news.

Though the fact that you and Convert are denying it is true instead of falling over each other to defend it is telling. This is a bad look, even for a guy like Trump.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

If it was on tape, you'd call it fake news.

Though the fact that you and Convert are denying it is true instead of falling over each other to defend it is telling. This is a bad look, even for a guy like Trump.

Give me primary evidence like a video clip of Trump saying these specific  things in this specific instance and I’ll denounce him.  Unfortunately, that is the level that is needed to determine truth now considering how unprofessional the media is. Maybe you can be easily misled , but not me. 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

Maybe you can be easily misled , but not me. 

This is good stuff, right here. 

15 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

This is good stuff, right here. 

I feel sad for them.  They are as bad as the people who think Biden is infallible.  Except they wear Chinese made hats and flags.  And there are many more of them.  I think it is a mental thing with a need to be dictated.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I feel sad for them.  They are as bad as the people who think Biden is infallible.  Except they wear Chinese made hats and flags.  And there are many more of them.  I think it is a mental thing with a need to be dictated.

There are people that think Biden is infallible?

2 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

Sure... The problem here is mug's inability to effectively parse truth and misinformation... Not Trump being a narcissist who can't understand self sacrifice. 

sarcastic jerk off motion 

Oh, and you are so even handed in your responses mister BLM hasn't hurt anybody just property guy.

Don't you think this attack piece needs a little corroboration?

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I think Trump is a jackass.  But I'm also skeptical of this piece.

2 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

Name previous claims by this reporter proven to be completely fabricated and I will accept this equivalence. 

https://www.salon.com/2010/06/27/goldberg_7/

This is from 2010 from Glen Greenwald and he goes over all the fabricated stories for the Iraq War from Goldberg. He has a long history of using anonymous sources in his pieces. He's been proven wrong quite a bit since and has a very checkered history in journalism.

https://harpers.org/2008/05/journalism-ethics-lessons-from-the-iraqi-wars-chief-salesman/

Here's another piece in Harper's about how he fabricated stories. There are plenty of others if you run a search.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/02/15/media-stopped-reporting-russia-collusion-story-helped-create/

He was also one of the main players  that pushed the fabricated Steele Dossier.

From Jason Leopold from that noted right wing publication Buzzfeed

Here's Goldberg's first paragraph from his story:

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

So right off the bat Goldberg is lying. Those docs in the tweet are from a FOIA request to the Navy. The Navy cancelled the flight. In John Bolton's book he said it was too much of a security risk to drive Trump there because the route was too long. 

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You certainly are suffering from TDS.  He is turning your brain into mush, and I am honestly curious what happens to you whenever he leaves office.  I'ma pray for you.

Extremely weak sauce. Amateur night at the Improve is every Tuesday night, so don’t deprive the world of your comedy and go for it. 

kat.jpg

One more thing. John Bolton was on that trip and wrote all about it in his book. If this actually happened why has he never mentioned it?

In Goldberg’s story he says these things were said in a meeting. Ok where was the meeting? Who was there? None of those specifics are there because then the people that were actually in those meetings would know who else was there and they could confirm what was said. Even without that you still have plenty of people that were on that trip that have gone on the record and said none of this is true. 

So we have the Navy records that say they cancelled the helicopter. John Bolton says Kelly wouldn’t let the president go, even in a motorcade, because the Secret Service said the route was too long. We have numerous WH staffers that went on the record saying none of this happened. And finally we have John Bolton, no fan of Trump, that wrote all about this trip and was in meetings with Trump on this trip and he never mentioned this happening. 

On the other side we have 4 anonymous sources and a writer that has a history of fabricating stories and pushed The Steele Dossier. 

2 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Oh, and you are so even handed in your responses mister BLM hasn't hurt anybody just property guy.

Don't you think this attack piece needs a little corroboration?

Seems pretty well corroborated.  What more are you looking for?