Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Video evidence or it’s all lies. Too many times people have made outrageous claims about Trump and it turns out completely false. I assume it’s all lies until video evidence shows otherwise. 

You would refuse to believe any evidence.

And if Trump admitted it himself, you’d rationalize it. You’re stuck in a self-justifying mental feedback loop that prohibits you from accessing reality, unfortunately. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

7 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Video evidence or it’s all lies. Too many times people have made outrageous claims about Trump and it turns out completely false. I assume it’s all lies until video evidence shows otherwise. 

If multiple independent people are confirming the same story then that should be good enough.  It’s good enough in a court of law.  It should be good enough with this.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Audio can be spliced.  It's all fake news.  Unless, he says it.

Who cares if he says it. It will be justified. We will have massive paragraph-laden posts about what he “really meant,” or mewling about how it doesn’t matter. 

His numbers with active military are already looking bad, but I wonder if this hurts him worse there even. I doubt it, but that’s the only place where this may matter.

Imagine having a CIC who is so blatant about not giving a +++++ if you die. I mean. I’m sure they’re all like that but when it’s thrown in your face it’s much more visceral.

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

Just now, mugtang said:

If multiple independent people are confirming the same story then that should be good enough.  It’s good enough in a court of law.  It should be good enough with this.  

No it’s not good enough with the  political reality we live in today. Maybe 20 years ago that was true when the media was more honest. Unfortunately their are lots of people who will and have made up lies about President trump to try and damage him politically. Video evidence or it’s all lies! 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

No it’s not good enough with the  political reality we live in today. Maybe 20 years ago that was true when the media was more honest. Unfortunately their are lots of people who will and have made up lies about President trump to try and damage him politically. Video evidence or it’s all lies! 

This is a weird, only-on-the-internet kind of viewpoint. 

If a tree falling in a forest isn’t video-recorded by 6 independent witnesses, did it really make a sound?

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

It’s good enough for me.  Sorry, this is completely in character for Trump.  If this was said about any other President I’d say it’s was 100% fake and if multiple independent people are saying it then it’s either 100% accurate or it’s some form of giant conspiracy these people all cooked up to smear the president.  I mean honestly, which one seems more realistic?  Also, the Atlantic is an magazine that has existed since the mid 1800s.  I highly doubt they’d sink their reputation for this regardless of their bias.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Just...wow.

1 minute ago, youngredbullfan said:

This is a weird, only-on-the-internet kind of viewpoint. 

If a tree falling in a forest isn’t video-recorded by 6 independent witnesses, did it really make a sound?

No it’s a skeptical point of view because other people have frequently made brazen claims about Trump and it turns out to be complete bullshit It’s happened too many times. I know you REALLY REALLY  want it to be true but until I can observe primary evidence of him saying this I’ll assume it is a lie. That is a rational response based on past history of salacious  claims against Trump.

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It’s good enough for me.  Sorry, this is completely in character for Trump.  If this was said about any other President I’d say it’s was 100% fake and if multiple independent people are saying it then it’s either 100% accurate or it’s some form of giant conspiracy these people all cooked up to smear the president.  I mean honestly, which one seems more realistic?  Also, the Atlantic is an magazine that has existed since the mid 1800s.  I highly doubt they’d sink their reputation for this regardless of their bias.  

I guess you are easily duped then. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Nope. I didn’t vote for Trump and I never will. 

46 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I saw this was corroborated by 6 different sources. Of course the Trump apologists will claim it’s fake news because the sources aren’t named.  I mean why would anybody put their name to something so they can end up like Colonel Vindman. 

Or Captain Crozier

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Sure... The problem here is mug's inability to effectively parse truth and misinformation... Not Trump being a narcissist who can't understand self sacrifice. 

sarcastic jerk off motion 

20 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

So do you think the author just literally made it up, or that these independent sources all told him the same lies?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Nope. I didn’t vote for Trump and I never will. 

Here is a first hand claim from a person that was actually there. That’s the standard of evidence you require right. Just a claim. So your mind is changed back now?? 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Yes! I think it is all a lie until primary evidence shows otherwise. 

No, I want you to tell me the mechanics of the lie though. Did the person with his byline just literally make it all up or did all these people collaborate and square their fake stories so the writer would believe them?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Here is a first hand claim from a person that was actually there. That’s the standard of evidence you require right. Just a claim. So your mind is changed back now?? 

No because she has lied multiple times to cover for Trump.