Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maynard Delecto

Super Mario Bros 35th Anniversary

23 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Bummed they didn't really remaster them, and the limited release is stupid, but I can't wait. I've been wanting a legal way to play 64 and Sunshine

Sunshine and Galaxy both looked they were 1080 in docked mode

And "can't wait" = confirmed. 

Sunshine was the first game my older kids played through. I even got the Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses on my file 

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

1 hour ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Sunshine and Galaxy both looked they were 1080 in docked mode

And "can't wait" = confirmed. 

Sunshine was the first game my older kids played through. I even got the Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses on my file 

Sunshine is my favorite Mario game of all time. 

PHUCKING SOLD!!

Take My Money GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

I beat Mario 1 and Mario 3 on NES. Never had the patience to beat Mario 2. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

I beat Mario 1 and Mario 3 on NES. Never had the patience to beat Mario 2. 

I beat Mario 1 and Super Mario World on the SNES. I could only get halfway on Mario 64 and I absolutely loved Mario Sunshine. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

19 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

+ 1,000 for Majora's Mask

With an option in the settings to choose between the original three day cycle, or casual mode from the 3DS version

What changed in casual mode?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

49 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

What changed in casual mode?

"Casual Mode" was a lazy description on my part. What that really means is the 3DS version of MM changed quite a few of the features to appeal to more casual gamers.

The original Majora's Mask pushed the technical limitations of the N64. One of the ways the Nintendo dealt with that was to limit save data. You could only save with the Song of Time, which sent you back to 6am day 1. 

The 3DS version wasn't hamstrung by the same limitations. It could keep track of several different sets of data separately. So they used the owls as saves points. A lot of ppl really liked that change

Personally I prefer the original, it added more tension and urgency to a playthrough.

6 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

"Casual Mode" was a lazy description on my part. What that really means is the 3DS version of MM changed quite a few of the features to appeal to more casual gamers.

The original Majora's Mask pushed the technical limitations of the N64. One of the ways the Nintendo dealt with that was to limit save data. You could only save with the Song of Time, which sent you back to 6am day 1. 

The 3DS version wasn't hamstrung by the same limitations. It could keep track of several different sets of data separately. So they used the owls as saves points. A lot of ppl really liked that change

Personally I prefer the original, it added more tension and urgency to a playthrough.

Gotcha. That would have been helpful, but  I loved the Groundhog Day/countdown to Armageddon aspect too. You really had to sit down with a plan for what you could do each go around. And the game was really dark for a Zelda game at the time. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

17 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Gotcha. That would have been helpful, but  I loved the Groundhog Day/countdown to Armageddon aspect too. You really had to sit down with a plan for what you could do each go around. And the game was really dark for a Zelda game at the time. 

Majora's Mask was and probably still is the darkest Zelda game. But it always felt like Link was navigating through that world as a kid. I really like that about MM and Zelda games in general. Conversely, I really hated how Nintendo gave into the "Moar Mature!!!" crowd in Breath of the Wild. That and the voice acting are the only things I didn't like about BotW, which is otherwise a masterpiece. But without posting spoilers, Older Link ruins the best aspect of Zelda endings, IMO. 

I'm a huge Nintendo fanboi, but i gotta admit I wish Big N was doing work on a new Mario Kart for a console instead of for phones and RCs.

If the RC cars are controlled directly from the switch, I guess that'd be pretty fun. Then you can take it outside and have plenty of room to make cool courses. but if it has to go through wifi, most ppl aren't going to have that much open floor space in their house.