Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Nancy Pelosi Blowout

I saw that. What a colossally f*cking stupid thing to do. Not only did she provide the Trump campaign with fodder, she hurt both the messaging and the efforts of the CDC to de-politicize common-sense public health issues. Dumb, dumb, dumb... smh.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I saw that. What a colossally f*cking stupid thing to do. Not only did she provide the Trump campaign with fodder, she hurt both the messaging and the efforts of the CDC to de-politicize common-sense public health issues. Dumb, dumb, dumb... smh.

What is your take on the 6% / 94% dust-up?

110926run_defense710.jpg

8 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Can you post a link? I/m not aware of it and have (just) enough work to keep me from f*cking around for another few hours...

CDC posted updated statistics that only 6% of the 180,000~ rona' victims didn't have underlying medical conditions/a second listed cause of death. Which caused a media shitstorm between people trying to discredit or legitimize COVID-19 hysteria.... Something I alluded to with an anecdotal example here in Vegas. They said Roy Horn from the gay tiger magician duo "Siegfried & Roy" died from rona' but anyone who was close to him knows he was on life support for a long time before he got COVID-19 and they were planning on pulling the plug even before he caught it. 

image.png.18ca26c2c71a1669aa25e8f71c4738f3.png

https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-shoots-down-false-claim-143100424.html

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

30 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I enjoy that she is the one that got caught, especially since California Democrats love to preach and lecture about the wisdom and necessity of shutdowns.  However, I don't suffer from some delusion that tells me politicians on both sides are not hypocrites.

16 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

CDC posted updated statistics that only 6% of the 180,000~ rona' victims didn't have underlying medical conditions/a second listed cause of death. Which caused a media shitstorm between people trying to discredit or legitimize COVID-19 hysteria.... Something I alluded to with an anecdotal example here in Vegas. They said Roy Horn from the gay tiger magician duo "Siegfried & Roy" died from rona' but anyone who was close to him knows he was on life support for a long time before he got COVID-19 and they were planning on pulling the plug even before he caught it. 

With this logic, nobody dies of anything besides the brain losing oxygen. What caused the brain to stop working is irrelevant. Just put "brain quit” on all the death certificates.

If it was expected they would have lived past their actual date of death without also contacting the virus and receiving complications from it, it would be negligent to not list it as a cause of death.

24 minutes ago, toonkee said:

With this logic, nobody dies of anything besides the brain losing oxygen. What caused the brain to stop working is irrelevant. Just put "brain quit” on all the death certificates.

If it was expected they would have lived past their actual date of death without also contacting the virus and receiving complications from it, it would be negligent to not list it as a cause of death.

I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle...Was COVID-19 the direct cause for many of the deaths? Probably... could it be that many of the deaths were more of a result of their pre-existing condition and they just so happened to have COVID-19 as well? Also probable. There's enough "anecdotal evidence" from doctors, nurses, and patients that's been piling up passed the point where we completely, 100% discount all of it. We can't stay shutdown forever, and even democratic leaders pushing hard for shutdowns are seen breaking their own rules left and right. In any situation you have to look at who has the most to gain....who has the most to gain from an republican administration's declining economy due shutdowns?  The Democratic Challengers. Who has the most to gain from the economy recovering as soon as possible? The Republican incumbent. 

I'm not saying COVID-19 pandemic isn't a serious threat. I'm just saying if you can't see how politicized it's become---you're blind. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle...Was COVID-19 the direct cause for many of the deaths? Probably... could it be that many of the deaths were more of a result of their pre-existing condition and they just so happened to have COVID-19 as well? Also probable. There's the "anecdotal evidence" from doctors, nurses, and patients is starting to pile up passed the point where we completely discount it. We can't stay shutdown forever, and even democratic leaders pushing hard for shutdowns are seen breaking their own rules left and right. In any situation you have to look at who has the most to gain....who has the most to gain from an republican administration's declining economy due shutdowns?  The Democratic Challengers. Who has the most to gain from the economy recovering as soon as possible? The Republican incumbent. 

I'm not saying COVID-19 pandemic isn't a serious threat. I'm just saying if you can't see how politicized it's become---you're blind. 

k, who has the most to gain by downplaying it and getting things back to some semblance of normal? 

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

I think that's consistent with seasonal influenza statistics as well, i.e., people with underlying conditions account for an overwhelming majority of the fatalities. In fact, the elderly alone make up 90% of the fatalities resulting from influenza (link).

Where both are pertinent in the context of COVID and our demographic is that approx. half of all Murcans deal with obesity and/or diabetes (40%), or hypertension (47%). And more than 51 million Americans are 65 or older.

tl;dr: we have a shitton of citizens who fall under the "vulnerable population" label, and pound-for-pound the 'rona is still far deadlier than the flu.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Hypocritical of her and the Right, because they have been doing similiar things.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

No

Naturally 94% had second causes listed. Those were probably the causes that put them in high risk groups. CV was the quick execution of of a known outcome.

But, I guess that  shoots down the CDC's credibility in your world.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor