Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

Trump Era Race Relations

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

We lived in Fresno in 1960 when a family from Atlanta with two boys moved across the street. I was 6 and the two were 6 and 8. They always used the N-word in reference to Black Americans but never once when they came to our house and used that word did Mom, who was originally from Idaho, fail to correct them and say the proper term was Negro. Their father was a racist steaming POS who frequently beat up their mother who I don't think was at all racist but who was understandably scared shitless of the turd she married. (Seems to me the same applies to Melania who I doubt is a racist but who probably wonders what The Donald would do if she crossed him.)

Oh, I'm pretty sure Melania could kick his ass. Often looks like she wants to.

16 hours ago, AztecSU said:

I would say that the cultures out there are older. And so when you hear things like systemic racism, to me that is what is the issue back east and the south...its in the air...it's how you live, like the unspoken rules of baseball that everyone knows but never get mentioned until someone breaks them. So yeah, racism seems more obvious east of the Rockies, at least in my experience. 

I have a friend that I meant when he moved to Cheyenne from Atlanta for a Job. Big friendly black guy. We had some discussions about that. He said he was more comfortable with the racism in Georgia. Because as he said I at least know the rules down there. He said in Wyoming he didn't know the rules and everything was under the surface. 

5 hours ago, tspoke said:

I have a friend that I meant when he moved to Cheyenne from Atlanta for a Job. Big friendly black guy. We had some discussions about that. He said he was more comfortable with the racism in Georgia. Because as he said I at least know the rules down there. He said in Wyoming he didn't know the rules and everything was under the surface. 

My experience was essentially the opposite, going from west coast to the south east. Out in CA kids and then adult strangers have occasionally called me names here and there, but never have I had an issue with a neighbor or someone I actually knew. So the experience with the dad just telling me and my brother how it is was a big shocker since his house was just 3 down from us. 

To be fair, we also had racial run ins at the local boys&girls club which was predominantly black. My brother and I went there the first time and once the kids heard us speak a little they were all over us calling us burnt crackers, etc, for having a Cali accent. I had to fight a group of em to gain respect. They also talked about our hair and things like that. You can tell where racism is more part of the cultural fabric by how upset the local black population is about things like colorism, etc, in my experience. 

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

I would have told him there are no rules regarding race in Wyoming and the only racism he might experience would likely be from someone who was from somewhere else as well.  
I've been to about 40 states and in my experience Wyoming is about the least racist state in the country.  

3 hours ago, pokerider said:

I would have told him there are no rules regarding race in Wyoming and the only racism he might experience would likely be from someone who was from somewhere else as well.  
I've been to about 40 states and in my experience Wyoming is about the least racist state in the country.  

I had a longer post originally documenting what I told him and it was essentially what you said. I told him "I don't think you have to worry about much here" Then at halftime of a UW game we got separated leaving the stadium to have a beer at the closest bar. our black QB(the guy who started the year of ACS's freshman year I think) had a horrible first half and he had some students throwing racist comments about the QB while looking at my buddy. It was one incident but I was shocked (and of course very angry)because I didn't ever see stuff like that. 

That being said he doesn't dislike it here. He left years ago for a girl but has been looking to get back to Cheyenne ever since he left. He may even agree with you about Wyoming being the least reacist place in the country(don't know didn't ask) but I thought it was an interesting conversation how in the south things are so out in the open you get accustomed and know the rules but when he came out here he wasn't sure if he would end up somewhere or around someone he shouldn't because things weren't out in the open like the south even if it was less prevalent.

On 9/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, Bob said:

The east and south must be CONSIDERABLY more racist than the west and Rockies

It exists out west as well. It's in the OC, Bay Area, Arizona, Utah, northern Idaho and NW Montana.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

NM

Americans Mayor

Trump bans 'Critical Race Theory' and 'White Privilege' training with Federal dollars.

Gag an official, don't admit to the problem, ban training designed to solve problem, the problem will eventually go away.

:facepalm:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-memo-calls-for-ban-on-federal-agencies-conducting-training-on-critical-race-theory-white-privilege-with-taxpayer-dollars/

Americans Mayor

On 9/2/2020 at 11:48 AM, AztecSU said:

Remember when folks thought Obama was bad for race relations? Yeah well sit down, big shocker, Trump is the worst for race relations in a long time. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/318851/perceptions-white-black-relations-sink-new-low.aspx

image.png.97dd462d70c81fbb36479461ec67f484.png

It amazes me that people like you can’t see reality. Generally, the media has admitted that they have an agenda and bias against Trump, basically activist/DNC reporters. Now think about the affect that would have on public perception on just about anything related to Trump. When you have black activists screaming bloody murder about how horrific Trump is, he’s the kind of guy that sticks up for himself and fights back defending himself. Trump supporters that are mostly white see that, and they get into it, and it creates division.

Now objectively, one of Trump’s biggest faults is he can’t be a politician and just say the cliche things a president is expected to say, and if they’re not said, people notice. He could’ve done an infinitely better job saying the calming things a prez is supposed to say during the riots, for example. Instead, he says “the shooting starts when the looting starts” which might technically be right, but it’s a horrible thing in managing inflammation. It wouldn’t have made any difference to the looters if he had said the perfect thing, but it would‘ve helped calm a lot of Americans. If he could do these things he would be cruising to re-election right now.

So he failed at that, but he did an amazing job with Opportunity Zones, billions invested in bad neighborhoods, Fresh Start Act, Criminal Justice Reform, Permanent $$ annual support for NBUC’s, streamlined applications & cut the red tape for students to apply and get into NBUC’s, lowest unemployment ever for blacks, etc. But because he has big trouble with his bedside manner and the blacks in the media bashing him the second he took office, those accomplishments don’t register with enough blacks.

kat.jpg

17 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Trump bans 'Critical Race Theory' and 'White Privilege' training with Federal dollars.

Gag an official, don't admit to the problem, ban training designed to solve problem, the problem will eventually go away.

:facepalm:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-memo-calls-for-ban-on-federal-agencies-conducting-training-on-critical-race-theory-white-privilege-with-taxpayer-dollars/

Kinda like the response to covid.  Pretend the problem doesn't exist, proclaim victory, move on....

"Who knew healthcare racism could be this complicated!"

Posted Image

10 hours ago, easybronc said:

Its all they have.  Division and fearmongering ... only a new marxist govt can save us.

Just who's peddling the "Fear Mongering?

That's all Trump's Platform is. Fear and Loathing. Own the Libs.

Americans Mayor