Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Defunding the police

42 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Sorry, you aren't going into the heart of a riot with an AR-15, in the streets not in a business, and aren't having an intent to use the weapon.  It isn't an assumption, it's a reality that everyone who is armed needs to be prepared for.  Weapons aren't jewelry, the intent is to use them.  Which is why when he was attacked, he used it.  And that kid is being idolized, don't take my post to say that YOU are doing it.  And for those that do believe he is in the right, and the police are in the right for not shooting him when he literally was running towards them until about 100 feet away (seriously, kudos by the police), they cannot be mad, and the police need to behave in the same exact manner when someone else does it.  If someone goes into the Portland pro-Trump protest armed and shoots anyone who attacks him, they also need to be idolized by the same crowd, and treated exactly the same by the police when they run up to them armed. 

And while I agree that Kenosha should have had NG, this may not have happened, proactive police training, and an across-the-board treatment of civilians by police and the courts would also prevent this.  National Guard should be in all of these riots already, imo.

Did you see what happened to the old guy that tried to defend his business with a fire extinguisher? I’ll bet he wished he had an AR-15. 

13 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Did you see what happened to the old guy that tried to defend his business with a fire extinguisher? I’ll bet he wished he had an AR-15. 

Answer me this Sleepy Soup, where do you think I stand on self-defense and private property rights?  You should remember, I have to remind you on it about 3 times a week.  

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Here are some more peaceful Portland protesters lighting an occupied apartment building on fire:

https://vidmax.com/video/198050-mostly-peaceful-antifa-rioters-try-to-set-apartment-building-full-of-people-on-fire-in-portland?utm_source=whatfinger

I’m sure Biden will blame this on Trump. 

And I’m sure the U.S. President will blame a presidential candidate that doesn’t hold any political office right now. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Here are some more peaceful Portland protesters lighting an occupied apartment building on fire:

https://vidmax.com/video/198050-mostly-peaceful-antifa-rioters-try-to-set-apartment-building-full-of-people-on-fire-in-portland?utm_source=whatfinger

I’m sure Biden will blame this on Trump. 

I'll blame it on Portland's mayor who is one of the biggest wussies ever.

Prolly a former college professor who thinks the current safe spaces don't adequately protect snowflake students so entire campuses should be safe spaces.

Compared to him L.A. mayor Eric Garcetti is damn near an MMA fighter.

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

That’s a pretty big assumption on your part, particularly from a kid that was running away from a mob. His attorney claims he and a friend responded to a call from a business owner to help protect his business. Even though he lives in Illinois it’s right across the border and a half hour drive to Kenosha.  I don’t idolize the kid, and don’t consider him a hero, but possibly would have reacted the same with a mob chasing me. The guy that was shot in the arm may get charged with attempted murder. 

If the mayor and Wisconsin governor showed leadership and immediately mobilized the NG in force to protect businesses, this never would have happened. The same situation is happening in Portland. One person is dead and there will be more if the mayor and Oregon governor continue to sit on their hands. 

I saw the lawyer say that.

I'm a little skeptical.  On one hand I'd be willing to bet some of those Koreans on rooftops with long guns in the Rodney King riots were friends and family from out of town, so its possible.  But it seemed a little convenient.  It also seemed a little convenient that his AR wasn't from out of state.  My guess is someone in his group is affiliated with some militia or militia wannabe organization.  But that's just speculation,.

I do agree with you that there is a difference between a willingness to shoot someone and an intent to shoot someone.  

39 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I havent seen anything from Kyles parents, has anyone else?

Where were they when their son drove hundreds of miles away with a .223 to a riot zone?

That kids only 3 years older than my boy.

I thought I read that his mother drove him there and back. I could be wrong. I’m googling it now and can’t find anything so maybe that was erroneous.

3 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Where were they when their son drove hundreds of miles away with a .223 to a riot zone?

She drove him I think.

29 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Apparently his home is just across the border not hundreds of miles away. Also, of the 165 people arrested, 150 of those were not Kenosha residents. So this was an out of town crowd that caused the problems. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-video.amp.html

I know its The Times, but this piece appears to be somewhat factual.

I take it back about the militia thing, that would have come out by now.  The Blue Lives Matter social media posts arent damning at all.

I would like to know how far he lives from Kenosha.  And Id like to know where he got the gun if it wasnt his.  And id like to know where the hell his parents were during the whole time.

Honestly Im trying to be objective here.  And I think he has zero chance of being convicted for homicide charges.they were going to kill him if he hadnt fired.

That doesnt change the fact that he had no business being there.

As far as the rioters being there, thats a different issue.  Im not trying to hijack modesto bulldogs thread.  I just want to know how a succession of adults allowed a 17 year old to be in a riot with a semiautomatic rifle.  That doesnt mean Im defending the rioters.

4 hours ago, CPslograd said:

I thought he only lived about 20 miles away?