Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

John Oliver on the Kenosha shootings

10 hours ago, retrofade said:

I encourage you all to watch this. 

I think the most interesting points he made was that the entire point of the RNC convention was to try to persuade white people that they weren't racist if they vote for Trump.  It is pretty offensive how Nikki Haley said taking down the flag confederate flag just happened peacefully and also how Pence made the point that "we" can still be nice to black people but also stand for "law and order."  I also thought his point about the NBA was interesting.  You can't just have all these "corporate approved" symbolic gestures that don't make anyone uncomfortable like allowing "corporate approved" social justice message on jerseys and BLM on the court.  Sometimes you have to disrupt the white supremacist system to its core to get real change.

At the end of the day people need to realize that Trump vs. Biden is mostly about a vote to maintain and strengthen white supremacy or to abolish it.  Trump has been such an incompetent moron on most things and he has completely failed with the virus.  The only reason to vote for Trump, since he cannot do the basics of keeping the trains running, is to reinforce white supremacy.  White people need to decide if they are going to stand and vote for white supremacy or if they are going to vote for change.

Posted Image

The counter-argument, from an equally unbiased source with zero political leanings that influence his reporting- like John Oliver. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Guest #1Stunner
17 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Linking this, like it is some great perspective of truth, is akin to someone linking a Sean Hannity video on the right.

Confirmation bias propaganda.

17 hours ago, retrofade said:

All I did was encourage people to watch it. Try again, sparky.

Some more "unbiased" news for everyone to watch.

This time, the kid's lawyer.

Not sure if he is a better source, or comedy central guy is, though.

18 hours ago, Akkula said:

I think the most interesting points he made was that the entire point of the RNC convention was to try to persuade white people that they weren't racist if they vote for Trump.  It is pretty offensive how Nikki Haley said taking down the flag confederate flag just happened peacefully and also how Pence made the point that "we" can still be nice to black people but also stand for "law and order."  I also thought his point about the NBA was interesting.  You can't just have all these "corporate approved" symbolic gestures that don't make anyone uncomfortable like allowing "corporate approved" social justice message on jerseys and BLM on the court.  Sometimes you have to disrupt the white supremacist system to its core to get real change.

At the end of the day people need to realize that Trump vs. Biden is mostly about a vote to maintain and strengthen white supremacy or to abolish it.  Trump has been such an incompetent moron on most things and he has completely failed with the virus.  The only reason to vote for Trump, since he cannot do the basics of keeping the trains running, is to reinforce white supremacy.  White people need to decide if they are going to stand and vote for white supremacy or if they are going to vote for change.

Yep Yes GIF by zoefannet

21 hours ago, madmartigan said:

The counter-argument, from an equally unbiased source with zero political leanings that influence his reporting- like John Oliver. 

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Some more "unbiased" news for everyone to watch.

This time, the kid's lawyer.

Not sure if he is a better source, or comedy central guy is, though.

I never made claims of anything being unbiased. I simply said to watch it, because he does make some good points. Also, because I knew Convert would lose his shit. 

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I never made claims of anything being unbiased. I simply said to watch it, because he does make some good points. Also, because I knew Convert would lose his shit. 

I'm glad you can acknowledge that John Oliver is a biased source of information. Drives me nuts when people don't acknowledge their sources are a bit (or a lot) biased. I did watch the video, he presents some compelling points. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 9/1/2020 at 4:13 AM, Akkula said:

It seems obvious we want White Supremacy based on fear, superstition, and conspiracy theories that keep a RW elite in power.

It's the middle ages with technology.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

22 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Q: Does this program also discredit R bs or just the left ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

John and I were briefly in the same social circle when I lived in New York, his girlfriend (now wife) Kate was friends with a co-worker of mine. It's funny because at first we'd get really excited when "John Oliver the Daily Show guy" was going to meet up with us, but after awhile we'd get way more excited because Kate was there. She's the best and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets into politics eventually. (moderate Republican, Army vet, extrovert, attractive.)

So while you dorks pound out your John Oliver hot takes, just know that in the game of life he beat you big time.