Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

John Oliver on the Kenosha shootings

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I encourage you all to watch this. 

While I am a John Oliver fan, I find his characterization of Kyle Rittenhouse as being a "Vigilante" over the top.

Unnecessary.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

While I am a John Oliver fan, I find his characterization of Kyle Rittenhouse as being a "Vigilante" over the top.

Unnecessary.

It's pretty damned accurate.

a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

Hell, the people on the right around here have been celebrating him for doing something that fell exactly within that very definition.

He says things really fast with supposedly witty points that sound good to stoned Trump haters. His story telling of activities and events that he weaves together often have no logic to them at all. Add to that he’s a stupid Brit that thinks he understands America. What he has figured out is how to give lefty’s illogical red meat in a loud obnoxious tone that they crave, but it’s the kind of infected meat that kills brain cells which those on the left can’t afford to lose. 

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It's pretty damned accurate.

Hell, the people on the right around here have been celebrating him for doing something that fell exactly within that very definition.

I hear you.

However, I choose to reserve my judgement until the investigation and trial are complete.

Americans Mayor

4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

He says things really fast with supposedly witty points that sound good to stoned Trump haters. His story telling of activities and events that he weaves together often have no logic to them at all. Add to that he’s a stupid Brit that thinks he understands America. What he has figured out is how to give lefty’s illogical red meat in a loud obnoxious tone that they crave, but it’s the kind of infected meat that kills brain cells which those on the left can’t afford to lose. 

Actually, if you watch him on other topics, he has the viewpoint of an outsider saying "WTF America."

Americans Mayor

5 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

He's actually an American now, and has lived here for the last 16+ years. 

His show is impeccably well-researched, which I know that people such as yourself hate. I'm sure you similarly loathe Trevor Noah, who is perhaps one of the best equipped people today to speak of race relations in America today.

5 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

I hear you.

However, I choose to reserve my judgement until the investigation and trial are complete.

His very actions fit the definition of vigilantism. He took action because he believed that the authorities weren't doing their jobs appropriately. Even outside of him killing two people, his mere presence there meets that definition.

6 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

Oliver is a +++++ing  duecebag he is all talk.Dude needs too go away.Brings nothing too the table.

I have a request of you. If you're going to continue to post here, please go take a remedial English class. 

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I have a request of you. If you're going to continue to post here, please go take a remedial English class. 

I think that's an offensive term with racist connotations now.  At least that's what I recall @SJSUMFA2013 saying.  (Could be misremembering).

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

That is all you got bitch?come up with something else

Aren't you a person of color?

If true, not cool to make fun of how you write / speak.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

I think that's an offensive term with racist connotations now.  At least that's what I recall @SJSUMFA2013 saying.  (Could be misremembering).

I just said they weren’t necessary. Mr. voodoo would be fine in the transfer level course if he committed to going to tutoring once a week.

Guest #1Stunner

Linking this, like it is some great perspective of truth, is akin to someone linking a Sean Hannity video on the right.

Confirmation bias propaganda.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Linking this, like it is some great perspective of truth, is akin to someone linking a Sean Hannity video on the right.

Confirmation bias propaganda.

All I did was encourage people to watch it. Try again, sparky.

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

He's actually an American now, and has lived here for the last 16+ years. 

His show is impeccably well-researched, which I know that people such as yourself hate. I'm sure you similarly loathe Trevor Noah, who is perhaps one of the best equipped people today to speak of race relations in America today.

He only has a 16 year sample of living here in this culturally complicated country? Holy smack! Of course, you love sloppy standards, so rock on. 🤪👍  

I love it. Let’s assume he gets certain facts right, but when it’s time to weave the narrative together, it’s bat shit crazy time which you love to death 💕 ✝️  Trevor Noah is a little cutesy smug left wing hack that can’t have relations with reality, let alone being a stud of race relations. That is pretty funny....I’ll give that to you. 

kat.jpg