Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Trump Rally - Portland, hell yeah

2 hours ago, azgreg said:

More instigators for the Trump riots.

You have your head up your ass if you think these people are instigating the riots.  Your ass must be puckering knowing Fool Wheeler handed Trump reelection.

110926run_defense710.jpg

11 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

White people in pickup trucks listening to country music. Yep, that pretty much defines the base.

But you're correct that Wheeler is doing as much as anybody to gain reelection for the prez. If that guy had any balls, much less brass ones, he'd get together with the chief of police and other officials to come up with a plan which would include an 8 pm curfew for the next week with cops supplemented by national guard troops and a stern warning that anyone seen committing vandalism would be immediately arrested. Bring in mobile jails if need be. However, Wheeler is a major failure as an elected official.

5 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

White people in pickup trucks listening to country music.

Yep, that pretty much defines the base.

That's an odd comment....especially these days. What purpose does it serve? 

9 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

White people in pickup trucks listening to country music. Yep, that pretty much defines the base.

But you're correct that Wheeler is doing as much as anybody to gain reelection for the prez. If that guy had any balls, much less brass ones, he'd get together with the chief of police and other officials to come up with a plan which would include an 8 pm curfew for the next week with cops supplemented by national guard troops and a stern warning that anyone seen committing vandalism would be immediately arrested. Bring in mobile jails if need be. However, Wheeler is a major failure as an elected official.

Hey! I drive a pickup and listen to Country Music! Do I get a pass for not being White or a Trump supporter? 

3 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

You have your head up your ass if you think these people are instigating the riots.  Your ass must be puckering knowing Fool Wheeler handed Trump reelection.

People, not a fan.

Just now, sean327 said:

Hey! I drive a pickup and listen to Country Music! Do I get a pass for not being White or a Trump supporter? 

You're a bit of an aberration in not being white but certainly not alone. For example, my niece's husband is also a Hispanic pickup guy who backs Trump.

My point is that in this day and age, having a base of support that is composed of what, 80%?, white people can still get someone elected president under the right conditions - including a DNC run by incompetents. However, such minuscule ethnic diversity won't get it done under any conditions for much longer.

2 minutes ago, azgreg said:

The Proud Boys and Antifa are among people who apparently live for street violence. That Ted Wheeler continues to do little more to curtail them than having his thumb up his ass is mainly why Portland is a great place to be if you're such a person.

7 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The Proud Boys and Antifa are among people who apparently live for street violence. That Ted Wheeler continues to do little more to curtail them than having his thumb up his ass is mainly why Portland is a great place to be if you're such a person.

Wheeler hasn't done anything to curtail ANY lawlessness in his city. 

Edit: I didn't see that you named ANTIFA in your post. I agree that he's a turd of a politician. 

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

It sounds like you look down your nose at white people in pickup trucks listening to country music. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It sounds like you look down your nose at white people in pickup trucks listening to country music. 

Are they listening to Merle Haggard(Yes) or Willie Nelson(No) or Waylon Jennings(No)?

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Hillary would have called them a basket of deplorables or some such thing. Not me. To repeat, my only intention was to point out how Trump's base is composed of almost 100% of maybe just 1/3 of the US electorate. And although that base might once again be enough allow him to become president, because that percentage of the electorate is diminishing by the month, it won't be enough to get a similar Republican elected president in 2024.

Accordingly, if the GOP expects to continue to have one of its own in the White House, the RNC better look to having a non-Trump nominee in 2024.

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

white liberals think talking shit about other white people makes them look more "woke" among blacks, latinos, etc---it's really cringe.

MLK and Malcom X had zero respect for the white liberals once they realized they only used blacks as pawns to push their liberal agenda----and nothing has changed with BLM as their new vehicle. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

3 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

white liberals think talking shit about other white people makes them look more "woke" among blacks, latinos, etc---it's really cringe.

MLK and Malcom X had zero respect for the white liberals once they realized they only used blacks as pawns to push their liberal agenda----and nothing has changed with BLM as their new vehicle. 

Lmao, this is a silly take...MLK Jr. criticized the polite racism of white liberals who were more devoted to "order" than justice....now which side does that sound like now?

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

I'm white, listen to NPR, watch PBS, drive a hippie van, am a hippie ski bum, and a Never Trumper.

Doesn't make me a BLM/Antifa leftist.

I'm a registered R that listens to country music.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

You're a bit of an aberration in not being white but certainly not alone. For example, my niece's husband is also a Hispanic pickup guy who backs Trump.

My point is that in this day and age, having a base of support that is composed of what, 80%?, white people can still get someone elected president under the right conditions - including a DNC run by incompetents. However, such minuscule ethnic diversity won't get it done under any conditions for much longer.

Actually, what we are witnessing is an attempted take over of the American political and social system by a group of White, Male, Nationalists who believe in a White Conservative Police State, backed legitimized and Institutionalized by a soon to be Loyal mostly White, Conservative Judiciary, that will be rubber stamped by a complicit Legislature, led by a White Conservative Leader who will fit the Trumpian mode of Cult Figure/Leader.

And they are perplexed that those who have the most to lose under this arrangement are going bonkers.

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

Are they listening to Merle Haggard(Yes) or Willie Nelson(No) or Waylon Jennings(No)?

Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, CCR, Ray Charles........

Americans Mayor

54 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Pick-up trucks rock!

Country music, does not.

Hold on...are we talking before or after 1990? Cause modern country is dog shit. But before the end of the 80's it was a decent genre. 

Some of my favorites. Cash, Prine, Jennings, Nelson, Kristofferson all did their best between the 60's and 70's, check'em out.